NFL Divsion 2 2017

Started by Dinny Breen, January 30, 2017, 09:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Manning18 on April 02, 2017, 03:46:30 PM
Galway were poor there with the sole exception of the absolutely colossal Shane Walsh

Had many many chances to finish the game as a contest but didn't take them. Left the door ajar for Kildare and were almost caught out in the end.

Manning18

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 02, 2017, 03:49:28 PM
Quote from: Manning18 on April 02, 2017, 03:46:30 PM
Galway were poor there with the sole exception of the absolutely colossal Shane Walsh

Had many many chances to finish the game as a contest but didn't take them. Left the door ajar for Kildare and were almost caught out in the end.

First half moreso the problem. Shouldve been out the gate at HT. Galway to a tee. Talented but wasteful and disorganised

seafoid

Meath had their best D2 for a few years. It's not all doom and gloom

GaillimhIarthair

Should have put that game away early in the second half - Shane Walsh was immense, stood up when badly needed and drove us on.  League final will be a decent contest - got very niggly in the second half.

Maroon Manc

Galway made hard work of that, should have been well out of sight early on in the 2nd. We were very sloppy in front of the posts.

Shane Walsh was outstanding, lets hope we see more of that come the summer.

Its the first time I've seen McHugh, David Walsh & Lavelle, McHugh offered nothing from open play and whilst Walsh didn't really do anything wrong he certainly looks a bit one paced. Lavelle's kick outs were good, a couple of hairy moments but they were because of lack of awareness from defenders.

FermGael

We relegated ourselves today.
We were  4 points up with about 7 to go and proceeded to throw it away.
We have been giving away goals for fun this year and ultimately that was our undoing today.
Derry were very very poor and we still couldn't get the job done.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Syferus

Quote from: FermGael on April 02, 2017, 05:18:04 PM
We relegated ourselves today.
We were  4 points up with about 7 to go and proceeded to throw it away.
We have been giving away goals for fun this year and ultimately that was our undoing today.
Derry were very very poor and we still couldn't get the job done.

Hard luck. One county I'd have liked to see again next year was Fermanagh, and certainly not because I thought it'd be an easy game. Sounds like ye did we did in Brewster in 2015 today.

Mayo4Sam

Hard luck to meath, it would have been nice to have one of the so called weaker counties in Div 1. Plus it would have Galway down, you need to keep your foot on their throat
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 02, 2017, 05:36:02 PM
Hard luck to meath, it would have been nice to have one of the so called weaker counties in Div 1. Plus it would have Galway down, you need to keep your foot on their throat

Yeah, would have been nice to see Meath, one of the so called weaker counties get a run in Division One. Ah, maybe next year? Or the year after?

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 02, 2017, 04:14:10 PM
Galway made hard work of that, should have been well out of sight early on in the 2nd. We were very sloppy in front of the posts.

Its the first time I've seen McHugh, David Walsh & Lavelle, McHugh offered nothing from open play and whilst Walsh didn't really do anything wrong he certainly looks a bit one paced. Lavelle's kick outs were good, a couple of hairy moments but they were because of lack of awareness from defenders.
Walsh is a give me the f##### ball type of player. He scored at vital times. If Mayo had someone like him the famine would be over.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

It has been 32 years and 11 games since Kildare last beat Galway. Cian O'Neill tried changing things up today and put out a team that Kevin Walsh would have known very little about, despite their inexperience they battled bravely and only lost by a point. Next week will be massive, a big pity it isn't being played in Tullamore and instead fans are expected to pay for the rubbish that will come after it.

GalwayBayBoy

Shane Walsh seems to getting back to his best after a tough couple of years for him. Would be great to see as he's such a lovely footballer to watch in action. Bit of a throwback.

Think Comer was kicking a ball about in the warm up so he must be close to a return. Don't see him playing next week though.

seafoid

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 02, 2017, 05:49:18 PM
It has been 32 years and 11 games since Kildare last beat Galway. Cian O'Neill tried changing things up today and put out a team that Kevin Walsh would have known very little about, despite their inexperience they battled bravely and only lost by a point. Next week will be massive, a big pity it isn't being played in Tullamore and instead fans are expected to pay for the rubbish that will come after it.
The 2 best teams. It is good to see Kildare playing well again. And Meath aren't bad either.

seafoid

Jinxy, it's a pity you can't be optimistic like some people

Laura Mullen MIPAV‏ @LauraMullen34 
Well done today @MeathGAA, great win!! Div 1 in sight now for 2018 #GAA #AllianzLeagues

Maybe a career in sales would help

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on April 02, 2017, 05:46:22 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on April 02, 2017, 04:14:10 PM

Walsh is a give me the f##### ball type of player. He scored at vital times. If Mayo had someone like him the famine would be over.

Wonder what is stopping Galway from having a tilt at Sam? :P