Started by The Iceman, December 14, 2016, 08:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 04:27:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2016, 04:21:41 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 04:13:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2016, 04:09:22 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 04:02:22 PM
What is with the if and when surely if transgender and homosexuality is normal in your eyes, it is your duty as a responsible parent to bring it up as you would the birds and the bees, or are you bullshitting?

Why don't I, off the cuff, discuss terrorism and advanced physics with my five- and two-year old kids as well while we're at it?  ;D

How about telling how you would/are/have approached homosexuality and transgenderism with YOUR kids?

So you are bullshitting. You said transgender and homosexuality is normal and you arent going teach your kids this as part of their upbringing. Doesnt feel to me you think it is that normal.

You're either not very bright or you are trolling.

I've already said I've discussed the topic when it came up.

The fact that I have sex with their mother in the next room is also normal. Do I need to go into the details of THAT with my young kids to not be a bullshitter?

Try again.

Oh dear resorting to insults and more bullshit. Like any responsible parent you teach your kids about the birds and the bees as it is normal human trait for boys to be attracted to girls and vice versa. You say homosexuality and transgender are normal human traits so why deny your kids this information unless you are bullshitting as you clearly are. Maybe you should have a wee sleep kid you are making a mockery of your own views.

Let me spell it out, step by step.

1. My kids are very young. As a result, they are not advanced enough to understand very much about relationships.
2. My son has asked about a family friend who is gay and has a husband. We gave him a simple explanation that some people are in same sex relationships and that is ok. He was happy with that. We left it at that. He has, at this point, as much information on same sex relationships as he does on straight ones. Transgender issues have simply not come up. Neither have a multitude of other, perfectly normal aspects of life which he will some day learn about.
3. As my kids grow older and get more curious, we will discuss these issues in more depth, making sure that we pass on our views that homsexuality, transgenderism and so on is perfectly normal, acceptable behaviour. Similar to the way we will provide age-appropriate information on straight sexual issues.

So tell us where I'm failing. How is the above bullshit? How am I making a mockery of my views? You're so adamant, should be easy to demonstrate.

No wides

Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 03:19:06 PM
Hollow words on an internet forum are just that. I assume you have kids what age are you introducing the concept of transgender and exploring with your kids whether they have they been born into the wrong physical body?

I say agaln what age are you introducing the concept that transgender and homosexuality is normal rather than dealing with it, if and when ut arises. Afterall it is a normal human trait.

No wides

Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2016, 04:42:24 PM
What is with the if and when surely if transgender and homosexuality is normal in your eyes, it is your duty as a responsible parent to bring it up as you would the birds and the bees, or are you bullshitting?

Why don't I, off the cuff, discuss terrorism and advanced physics with my five- and two-year old kids as well while we're at it?  ;D

How about telling how you would/are/have approached homosexuality and transgenderism with YOUR kids?

So you are bullshitting. You said transgender and homosexuality is normal and you arent going teach your kids this as part of their upbringing. Doesnt feel to me you think it is that normal.

The fact that I have sex with their mother in the next room is also normal. Do I need to go into the details of THAT with my young kids to not be a bullshitter?

Try again.

Oh dear resorting to insults and more bullshit. Like any responsible parent you teach your kids about the birds and the bees as it is normal human trait for boys to be attracted to girls and vice versa. You say homosexuality and transgender are normal human traits so why deny your kids this information unless you are bullshitting as you clearly are. Maybe you should have a wee sleep kid you are making a mockery of your own views.

1. My kids are very young. As a result, they are not advanced enough to understand very much about relationships.
2. My son has asked about a family friend who is gay and has a husband. We gave him a simple explanation that some people are in same sex relationships and that is ok. He was happy with that. We left it at that. He has, at this point, as much information on same sex relationships as he does on straight ones. Transgender issues have simply not come up. Neither have a multitude of other, perfectly normal aspects of life which he will some day learn about.
3. As my kids grow older and get more curious, we will discuss these issues in more depth, making sure that we pass on our views that homsexuality, transgenderism and so on is perfectly normal, acceptable behaviour. Similar to the way we will provide age-appropriate information on straight sexual issues.

So tell us where I'm failing. How is the above bullshit? How am I making a mockery of my views? You're so adamant, should be easy to demonstrate.

And yes your are full of bullshit i know you know it. The folk reading this know it.

PadraicHenryPearse

For the record I have similar views to j70 and those views to me are normal. No wides your views are not normal to me and I find them very close minded.

No wides

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 18, 2016, 05:11:32 PM
For the record I have similar views to j70 and those views to me are normal. No wides your views are not normal to me and I find them very close minded.

Thats my christmas ruined. The thread us not born this way trangenders post operation arent. God help all your kids no wonder the world is fecked.

PadraicHenryPearse

Just correcting your assumption that folks reading this agreed with your viewpoint.

Syferus

Just like the civil rights movement it's easy to see who is going to be on the wrong side of history on this. Humans' inability to learn from the past is incredible.

No wides

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 18, 2016, 05:39:30 PM
Just correcting your assumption that folks reading this agreed with your viewpoint.

I assumed nothing just pointing out bullshit. Firstly it was normal then if it came up now he has a timetable. One concludes he is making it up to sound liberal.

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 05:06:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2016, 04:42:24 PM

Try again.

And yes your are full of bullshit i know you know it. The folk reading this know it.

Well that showed me! ;D

But yeah, I think you've been shown up enough as a WUM/idiot (only you know the truth). People can make up their own minds.

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 06:53:39 PM

I assumed nothing just pointing out bullshit. Firstly it was normal then if it came up now he has a timetable. One concludes he is making it up to sound liberal.

Now you're just sounding stupid.

Where is the disconnect between what one considers normal and teaching young kids according to their curiosity and ability to understand.

And why the f**k would anyone make shit up to sound liberal?? ;D

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 05:15:35 PM

Thats my christmas ruined. The thread us not born this way trangenders post operation arent. God help all your kids no wonder the world is fecked.

Says the person who apparently thinks it is proper and normal to hit very young kids with all the complexities of life, stuff that is way beyond their level of interest or understanding.

As for transgenders, are they ok in your eyes, pre-op?

No wides

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2016, 12:31:03 PM

Says the person who apparently thinks it is proper and normal to hit very young kids with all the complexities of life, stuff that is way beyond their level of interest or understanding.

That line on it's own sums you up. You are the one who says it was normal, I was asking what age are you going to bring it up with your kids that it is normal, you are a complete bullshitter, and have shown yourself to be that throughout your posts here.

No wides

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2016, 12:04:52 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 06:53:39 PM

Now you're just sounding stupid.

Where is the disconnect between what one considers normal and teaching young kids according to their curiosity and ability to understand.

And why the f**k would anyone make shit up to sound liberal?? ;D

No idea as far I can make out, it seems to be someone full of shit.

ziggysego

Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2016, 12:50:17 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 08:37:04 AM
I am basing it on inherit human traits, no hetrosexual couple will bring their up with so much exposure and acceptance of homosexuality throughout normal life that they will be all embracing when Johnny brings Mark home.  It is human nature to say anything else you, muppet and the liberals are burying your head in the sand. Note i dont believe you wouldnt accept Mark but your relationship with Johnny i bet would change.

Just because you say it is built into us ("human nature") and inevitable that we would be not be "all embracing" doesn't make it so. (Again, one can't help but feel that you are projecting.)

And what do you know of what anyone here teaches their children about homosexuality? Its the 21st century. Being homosexual is not a big deal anymore, at least in the western world. Its not a pathology or something to be ashamed of or afraid of. Children have to be brought up to accept that it is perfectly ok for people to be different, and should it turn out that they themselves are homosexual, that telling their parents is not one of the issues they have to worry about. Yes, there are bigots and morons out there who won't accept it, but your children can get a hard time for any number of perceived differences. I'd be far more fearful as a parent if my child were black, given the prejudices they still have to face. But that wouldn't mean I would love them or accept them less.

Your wife might have a few questions to answer...
Testing Accessibility

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 19, 2016, 12:42:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2016, 12:31:03 PM

That line on it's own sums you up. You are the one who says it was normal, I was asking what age are you going to bring it up with your kids that it is normal, you are a complete bullshitter, and have shown yourself to be that throughout your posts here.

It IS normal. That doesn't mean that a five year old has to understand it or that I as a parent have to discuss it with them before they are ready.

Which I've already said a number of times. It is not a difficult concept to grasp.

So, again, either you're too thick to get that simple concept, or you're on the wind-up. So which is it?