Not born that way

Started by The Iceman, December 14, 2016, 08:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: No wides on December 17, 2016, 06:36:44 PM
I standby my post I doubt you could prove me wrong unless of course your son brought the boyfriend home and your relationship towards him never changed one bit.  But then again you would say anything on an internet forum to sound extremely liberal.

Congratulations:

MWWSI 2017

J70

I standby my post I doubt you could prove me wrong unless of course your son brought the boyfriend home and your relationship towards him never changed one bit.  But then again you would say anything on an internet forum to sound extremely liberal.

Stand by what? An unsupported claim about how people you do not know would react to something?

I asked a simple question.

"Tell us on what you're basing your accusations of us changing our attitudes towards our purported gay son."

Either you are projecting what your own reaction would be onto others, or you are making a deduction/prediction based on something else. If its something else, then explain what it is.

Muppet dealt with the bolded bit, so I'll leave that particular piece of logical genius alone.

No wides

I am basing it on inherit human traits, no hetrosexual couple will bring their up with so much exposure and acceptance of homosexuality throughout normal life that they will be all embracing when Johnny brings Mark home.  It is human nature to say anything else you, muppet and the liberals are burying your head in the sand. Note i dont believe you wouldnt accept Mark but your relationship with Johnny i bet would change.

No wides

Quote from: muppet on December 17, 2016, 07:24:56 PM

Congratulations:

Genius you should have a GCSE still waiting on the homophobic remarks.

No wides

I also wonder would your relationship with Johnny change if he went away and came back as Jenny. Probably not as you probably covered transgender during his upbringing to such an extent it is normal.

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 08:37:04 AM
I am basing it on inherit human traits, no hetrosexual couple will bring their up with so much exposure and acceptance of homosexuality throughout normal life that they will be all embracing when Johnny brings Mark home.  It is human nature to say anything else you, muppet and the liberals are burying your head in the sand. Note i dont believe you wouldnt accept Mark but your relationship with Johnny i bet would change.

Just because you say it is built into us ("human nature") and inevitable that we would be not be "all embracing" doesn't make it so. (Again, one can't help but feel that you are projecting.)

And what do you know of what anyone here teaches their children about homosexuality? Its the 21st century. Being homosexual is not a big deal anymore, at least in the western world. Its not a pathology or something to be ashamed of or afraid of. Children have to be brought up to accept that it is perfectly ok for people to be different, and should it turn out that they themselves are homosexual, that telling their parents is not one of the issues they have to worry about. Yes, there are bigots and morons out there who won't accept it, but your children can get a hard time for any number of perceived differences. I'd be far more fearful as a parent if my child were black, given the prejudices they still have to face. But that wouldn't mean I would love them or accept them less.

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 08:59:50 AM
I also wonder would your relationship with Johnny change if he went away and came back as Jenny. Probably not as you probably covered transgender during his upbringing to such an extent it is normal.

Yes, I will be covering it as normal during their upbringing. Should I not? Is the bolded bit a sneer?

No wides

Hollow words on an internet forum are just that. I assume you have kids what age are you introducing the concept of transgender and exploring with your kids whether they have they been born into the wrong physical body?

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 03:19:06 PM
Hollow words on an internet forum are just that. I assume you have kids what age are you introducing the concept of transgender and exploring with your kids whether they have they been born into the wrong physical body?

Again with the projection. Just because you can't fathom thinking differently than you do, it means other people can't either and so, in your opinion, are full of shit if they say otherwise.

If and when the subject comes up (and it has and will - its now out there in society), we will deal with it as just the way some people are and no big deal. You know, like one does when kids come to you with ANY question. You deal with it, age appropriately, and see if its enough to satisfy them for the time being. My five year old has asked about a close family friend who is in a gay marriage. We simply said that some people love and get married to same sex people. He didn't need any further explanation, so we didn't expand on the subject. At some point he'll probably wonder a bit more about it and other sexuality issues. When he does, we'll discuss it again.

How about yourself? What would you do if your kid asked about homosexuality or transgender people, or, heaven forbid, came to you with concerns about their own personal tendencies? We've already established, through your own words, that your relationship with your son or daughter would change. Given that you brought it up, HOW would it change?

No wides

What is with the if and when surely if transgender and homosexuality is normal in your eyes, it is your duty as a responsible parent to bring it up as you would the birds and the bees, or are you bullshitting?

No wides

If my son came home in a mini skirt and had breasts I eould conclude the kickabout in the field had gone for a Burton.

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 04:02:22 PM
What is with the if and when surely if transgender and homosexuality is normal in your eyes, it is your duty as a responsible parent to bring it up as you would the birds and the bees, or are you bullshitting?

Why don't I, off the cuff, discuss terrorism and advanced physics with my five- and two-year old kids as well while we're at it?  ;D

How about telling how you would/are/have approached homosexuality and transgenderism with YOUR kids?

No wides

Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2016, 04:09:22 PM

Why don't I, off the cuff, discuss terrorism and advanced physics with my five- and two-year old kids as well while we're at it?  ;D

How about telling how you would/are/have approached homosexuality and transgenderism with YOUR kids?

So you are bullshitting. You said transgender and homosexuality is normal and you arent going teach your kids this as part of their upbringing. Doesnt feel to me you think it is that normal.

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 04:13:45 PM

So you are bullshitting. You said transgender and homosexuality is normal and you arent going teach your kids this as part of their upbringing. Doesnt feel to me you think it is that normal.

You're either not very bright or you are trolling.

I've already said I've discussed the topic when it came up.

The fact that I have sex with their mother in the next room is also normal. Do I need to go into the details of THAT with my young kids to not be a bullshitter?

Try again.

No wides

Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2016, 04:21:41 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 04:13:45 PM

You're either not very bright or you are trolling.

I've already said I've discussed the topic when it came up.

The fact that I have sex with their mother in the next room is also normal. Do I need to go into the details of THAT with my young kids to not be a bullshitter?

Try again.

Oh dear resorting to insults and more bullshit. Like any responsible parent you teach your kids about the birds and the bees as it is normal human trait for boys to be attracted to girls and vice versa. You say homosexuality and transgender are normal human traits so why deny your kids this information unless you are bullshitting as you clearly are. Maybe you should have a wee sleep kid you are making a mockery of your own views.