The Flag and the Anthem..

Started by 5 Sams, November 30, 2016, 12:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

More pandering to the unionists and educate together crew. O'Fearghail is trying to make his mark on the GAA.

If you don't like it go to rugby. It would be more up your street.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Walter Cronc

Quote from: foxcommander on December 01, 2016, 02:39:47 PM
More pandering to the unionists and educate together crew. O'Fearghail is trying to make his mark on the GAA.

Waheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Fox I saw 2 Ulster Rugby hats in Armagh last Sunday. Must be those Co Down men  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

seafoid

What concessions would unionists have to make, other than joining the reality based community ?

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on December 01, 2016, 04:51:56 PM
What concessions would unionists have to make, other than joining the reality based community ?

You've answered your own question. :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GJL

If Irish unity does come about (which is what he is referring to) then there is a possibility that there will be a new national flag and anthem anyway. No need to worry just yet.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: GJL on December 01, 2016, 09:14:23 PM
If WhenIrish unity does come about (which is what he is referring to) then there is a possibility it's almost a certainty that there will be a new national flag and anthem anyway. No need to worry just yet.

Fixed that for you.

vallankumous

I've never went to a game to see the flag or hear the anthem. In fact I usually head for a cup of tea when I see the anthem about to kick in.

I don't mind the flag flying but the flags of the teams playing is the only thing needed.

ashman

The reportage of this has been dreadful .  I am agnostic to AOF but he outlined a hypothetical scenario and what may need to be looked at.  There has been an OTT reaction and any changes will I assume be debated fairly robustly. 

A lot of faux outrage here. 

seafoid

There is no need to change the flag. Sunningdale for slow learners.

Rossfan

The new flag of the Irish Confederation will ironically have no Orange in it ( to placate the North Eastern Protestant/British)
Probably be a green flag with that red X from the Union Jack ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Applesisapples

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 01, 2016, 02:53:14 PM

Waheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Fox I saw 2 Ulster Rugby hats in Armagh last Sunday. Must be those Co Down men  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I was on the golf course the other week and a boy had an Armagh Beanie and an Ulster Rugby driver cover.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyCake

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 06, 2016, 11:06:10 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 01, 2016, 02:53:14 PM

I was on the golf course the other week and a boy had an Armagh Beanie and an Ulster Rugby driver cover.

I hope you gave him a slap.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on December 05, 2016, 06:46:19 PM
The new flag of the Irish Confederation will ironically have no Orange in it ( to placate the North Eastern Protestant/British)
How could you explain the flag situation to a foreigner? Yes, the orange is to represent Ulster Protestants . Yes they do wear orange sashes.  YeS there is a song about it. No , they find the orange threatening. On the flag.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: seafoid on December 06, 2016, 12:22:19 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 05, 2016, 06:46:19 PM
How could you explain the flag situation to a foreigner? Yes, the orange is to represent Ulster Protestants . Yes they do wear orange sashes.  YeS there is a song about it. No , they find the orange threatening. On the flag.

Protestants could say the same about us and the St Patrick's Cross on the Butcher's Apron. I'd hate to change the flag but I can see how it would be a progressive and necessary move in a United Ireland.