A Tyrone book

Started by seafoid, October 23, 2016, 12:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: skeog on October 29, 2016, 10:14:53 AM
Lenny spot on.

Balls- There are plenty of non GAA people and non county standard GAA players he has helped too.

A small example.
http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/steelstown-s-finest-brian-og-mckeever-1-2131501
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

general_lee

Quote from: lenny on October 29, 2016, 09:16:12 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 28, 2016, 08:23:10 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 28, 2016, 07:55:12 PM
Finished the book, a great read. My admiration for Mickey Harte has further increased as well. I'd say Cathal is going fo battling his demons for the rest of his days. Best of luck to him & his family.
Must give it a lash over the weekend. My admiration of Mickey Harte can only increase.

lol you boys are some craic. Harte knows well just how bad the other corner back options are that he has and that is the main reason he has stuck by mccarron. If he had decent alternatives mccarron would already be battling in the ring in his mma career.
McCarron must have been texting your woman on tinder. Whatever about the fella he'd walk onto most county teams

bennydorano

Quote from: lenny on October 29, 2016, 09:16:12 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 28, 2016, 08:23:10 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 28, 2016, 07:55:12 PM
Finished the book, a great read. My admiration for Mickey Harte has further increased as well. I'd say Cathal is going fo battling his demons for the rest of his days. Best of luck to him & his family.
Must give it a lash over the weekend. My admiration of Mickey Harte can only increase.

lol you boys are some craic. Harte knows well just how bad the other corner back options are that he has and that is the main reason he has stuck by mccarron. If he had decent alternatives mccarron would already be battling in the ring in his mma career.
There's a whole Philosophical debate around "is there such a thing as a selfless act" so probably a grain of truth in it, takes nothing from MH in my opinion.

Syferus

He isn't even that good a CB.

ONeill

Let's discuss the bit that jumped out at me.

Before championship matches this year they recite the rosary. Mickey leads the 1st, 3rd and 5th and the players do the 2nd and 4th and Mickey responds on his own.

Am I wrong thinking this is a bit sorta mad?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on October 29, 2016, 11:40:56 PM

Before championship matches this year they recite the rosary. Mickey leads the 1st, 3rd and 5th and the players do the 2nd and 4th and Mickey responds on his own.

Even God must hate Tyrone if that's the case. And yes it's a bit strange alright.

muppet

Mayo really upped the intensity and added a 6th decade this year. A game of inches.....

Rumours that Dubs will have an Archbishop as part of their backroom team in 2017.

MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on October 30, 2016, 12:06:29 AM

Mayo really upped the intensity and added a 6th decade this year. A game of inches.....

Rumours that Dubs will have an Archbishop as part of their backroom team in 2017.
The Dubs nailed all the mysteries too.

lenny

That is completely nuts. Just shows how much power Harte has and how much the players have been brainwashed into the cult of Micky.

seafoid

Quote from: lenny on October 30, 2016, 06:41:35 AM

That is completely nuts. Just shows how much power Harte has and how much the players have been brainwashed into the cult of Micky.
Motivating young sportsmen is an art. It's all about turning individuals into a team. Harte went through terrible trauma with the all Ireland teams that obviously brought them closer

The cult of Cody thrives down in Kilkenny. The Rosary isn't the worst tool Mickey could be using.

TabClear

That is mental.

Minder

Fearon will be looking at Tyrone in a whole new light
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

Quote from: TabClear on October 30, 2016, 08:21:37 AM

That is mental.

O'Neill's other posts on other threads, around that time, were firmly of the tongue in cheek variety. I took that one to be the same. Has anyone, who read the book, seen this mentioned?
MWWSI 2017

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Jinxy

They do it all the time in American sport and no one passes any remarks.
Personally, nothing gets me psyched up and ready to run through a brick wall quite like a good decade of the rosary.
If you were any use you'd be playing.