A Tyrone book

Started by seafoid, October 23, 2016, 12:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Take Your Points

Quote from: lenny on October 25, 2016, 03:33:10 PM

Are you 2 boys Sun readers by any chance? I'm expecting this sordid tale to be picked up and serialised by the sun or one of those rubbish papers very soon.

Irish News has already virtually serialised it and promoting it for the last week or so.  Today, the Irish News has another 'article' promoting the pre-launch in the Arts Crescent Centre with Adrian Logan.  Will you add him to your list with the ghost writer. Passages also being provided by the Indo.  The LLS carry on shows that there is no such thing as bad publicity.  A chat to Dromore folk will soon give you a perspective on the veracity of the events described in the book.

Boycey

Quote from: lenny on October 25, 2016, 03:33:10 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on October 25, 2016, 02:17:02 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 25, 2016, 02:07:58 PM
Anyone want to supply me a copy of said PDF? I don't think I'd buy the book but I'd certainly give it a wee skim through

I'll take a copy too if it's not too much bother

Are you 2 boys Sun readers by any chance? I'm expecting this sordid tale to be picked up and serialised by the sun or one of those rubbish papers very soon.

I'm not a Sun reader... I don't know much about McCarron beyond the obvious headlines and may have a glance at this and make my own mind up on the subject. Then again I may read one paragraph and leave it at that..

bennydorano

I've read the first 100 odd pages and I have to say it's a great read. Brutally honest & no blushes spared.

ONeill

I enjoyed it. You'll read it in one sitting.

The whole rosary thing was startling though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on October 26, 2016, 09:18:34 PM
I enjoyed it. You'll read it in one sitting.

The whole rosary thing was startling though.
Are the Tyrone players like the Mormoms? Do they have special underwear?

seafoid

€500 to charity after a row in Dublin

Helpline

Not a bad read to be honest and a warning for others I trust.In my opinion I think gambling to Cathal's extent was combination of addiction, greed and laziness.At least he does outline all his misdemeanors and doesn't hide from telling the truth, I hope this book helps him and other people who secretly suffer.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

Walter Cronc

Read first couple of chapters....you just get the impression he's a compulsive liar! Drug gangs in Enniskillen!!! Really!!

Jinxy

Most provincial towns of any size will have a problem with drugs and drug dealers.
We're not talking about the Colombian cartel here, but there are still plenty of dodgy characters involved.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bennydorano

Finished the book, a great read. My admiration for Mickey Harte has further increased as well. I'd say Cathal is going to be battling his demons for the rest of his days. Best of luck to him & his family.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on October 28, 2016, 07:55:12 PM
Finished the book, a great read. My admiration for Mickey Harte has further increased as well. I'd say Cathal is going fo battling his demons for the rest of his days. Best of luck to him & his family.
Must give it a lash over the weekend. My admiration of Mickey Harte can only increase.

bennydorano

There's been no Religion in me for a very very long time but I think that Mickey Harte displays the traits of a true Christian and I greatly admire him (& some other genuine people) for it. There are plenty of Catholic Gobshites who typify what is so badly wrong with Religion & you don't have to go far to find them, the prime example regularly polluting this board with his shite.

lenny

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 28, 2016, 08:23:10 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 28, 2016, 07:55:12 PM
Finished the book, a great read. My admiration for Mickey Harte has further increased as well. I'd say Cathal is going fo battling his demons for the rest of his days. Best of luck to him & his family.
Must give it a lash over the weekend. My admiration of Mickey Harte can only increase.

lol you boys are some craic. Harte knows well just how bad the other corner back options are that he has and that is the main reason he has stuck by mccarron. If he had decent alternatives mccarron would already be battling in the ring in his mma career.

skeog