Ulster Club SFC 2016

Started by WT4E, September 27, 2016, 10:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Kilcoo will be short priced favourites to reach the final. The Slaughtneil and Killyclogher game should be a cracker and whoever gets through the final should also be very good.

redhandefender

Quote from: Maurice Moss on October 31, 2016, 08:14:12 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on October 31, 2016, 12:49:33 AM
Quote from: ardtole on October 30, 2016, 06:19:39 PM
Kilcoo were very impressive, the team as a whole  were a lot fitter than Glenswilly, O'Hanlon, Johnson and Laverty were excellent throughout and the defence were excellent only conceding a point in the second half.
I thought Glenswilly played into kilcoo's hands with their short kick out strategy. I watched it on tg4, its a great service.

Wouldn't say that at all. It was a dogged performance from Kilcoo rather than any great football. The turning point was a spurned goal chance from the Glenswilly midfielder early in the he second half that would have put them 5 points up. Once they conceded the penalty and went down to 14 men there was only going to be one winner given Kilcoo's defensive gameplan. Laverty was a disgrace yet again with his exaggerated diving.

Conor Laverty is far from a disgrace. Classy player that would be well needed within the county set up.

If it's disgraceful you would like to talk about, however, the late tackle on O'Hanlon at the end of the game was not only disgraceful but one of the most cowardly acts I've seen on a football field.

Come on lad, even Down men admit as soon as he is touched he throws himself down, that's been his game for years. still a very handy player

yellowcard

Kilcoo were very impressive, the team as a whole  were a lot fitter than Glenswilly, O'Hanlon, Johnson and Laverty were excellent throughout and the defence were excellent only conceding a point in the second half.
I thought Glenswilly played into kilcoo's hands with their short kick out strategy. I watched it on tg4, its a great service.

Wouldn't say that at all. It was a dogged performance from Kilcoo rather than any great football. The turning point was a spurned goal chance from the Glenswilly midfielder early in the he second half that would have put them 5 points up. Once they conceded the penalty and went down to 14 men there was only going to be one winner given Kilcoo's defensive gameplan. Laverty was a disgrace yet again with his exaggerated diving.

Conor Laverty is far from a disgrace. Classy player that would be well needed within the county set up.

If it's disgraceful you would like to talk about, however, the late tackle on O'Hanlon at the end of the game was not only disgraceful but one of the most cowardly acts I've seen on a football field.

They aren't mutually exclusive. Laverty is a good player and I'm not denying that, but he does the dying swan act too often for my liking by totally exaggerating minimal contact. Yesterday was not an isolated incident, but just another example. He is an expert winner of soft free kicks and has it down to a fine art.   

gammysolo

Mick Murphy throwing his fists around yesterday and exempt from yellow cards. The no 12 well deserved to be sent off. He threw a elbow at another Kilcoo defender 5 minutes before O'Hanlon incident

Mourne Rover

Winning frees is part of the game but the suggestion that there was `minimal contact' in the penalty incident yesterday is nonsense. Laverty went past the Glenswilly player in the square and was almost certain to score a goal. He was plainly caught in a head high tackle, whether Gallagher intended to do so or not, and it was a text book red card. It was certainly the turning point in the game, but the rules are the rules.

ONeill

The Slaughtneil club are some boys. And girls.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

Quote from: yellowcard on October 31, 2016, 10:39:45 AM

They aren't mutually exclusive. Laverty is a good player and I'm not denying that, but he does the dying swan act too often for my liking by totally exaggerating minimal contact. Yesterday was not an isolated incident, but just another example. He is an expert winner of soft free kicks and has it down to a fine art.

For the red card I don't think the glenswilly guy moved his arm. He stuck it out and that was that.

(Though he did punch him in the mouth 5 minutes previous so it was hard to feel sympathy on his red).

skeog

Good reaction to defeat from Glenswilly manager no whinging credit to him.

Maroon Manc

Can't recall any dives from Laverty yesterday, I do remember him getting a closed fist to the face though.

WBF

Anyone have any links for highlights of the games this weekend?

imtommygunn

Quote from: WBF on October 31, 2016, 01:47:06 PM

On TG4 tonight. Doubt you get much of the highlights of these online.

BennyCake

Maghery Kilcoo, Pairc Esler, Sun 13 Nov

general_lee

Quote from: BennyCake on October 31, 2016, 02:54:59 PM
Maghery Kilcoo, Pairc Esler, Sun 13 Nov
Should be good. Two very similar teams. Kilcoo will be favs due to experience alone but Maghery could yet produce a shock

WBF

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 31, 2016, 02:51:57 PM
Quote from: WBF on October 31, 2016, 01:47:06 PM

On TG4 tonight. Doubt you get much of the highlights of these online.

Perfect cheers!