All Ireland Final Replay 1st October 2016 Dublin vs Mayo

Started by Hereiam, September 21, 2016, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

Quote from: The Aristocrat on October 04, 2016, 09:15:35 AM
Quote from: ashman on October 04, 2016, 09:07:56 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on October 04, 2016, 09:03:11 AM
Ah lads be nice, its over now, time to for the important stuff to start now, club football.

I will say this though, Id say they are absolutely sickened down in Kerry, sick to the teeth. Its great.

If Mayo can match the exact same intensity as the metric their last two games they will be there again next year in the final.
Jesus will you grow up.  Gloating over winning a competition in which every dice is loaded in your favour .

Ye beat an average and downsizing Kerry team over the past 5 years and on a couple of occasions with a bit of help.  Nothing huge to boast about TBH .   

Only gloating over Kerry, not anyone else. I really feel for Mayo, really do.

That's your opinion, you wont change mine.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: ashman on October 04, 2016, 09:27:05 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on October 04, 2016, 09:15:35 AM
Quote from: ashman on October 04, 2016, 09:07:56 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on October 04, 2016, 09:03:11 AM
Ah lads be nice, its over now, time to for the important stuff to start now, club football.

I will say this though, Id say they are absolutely sickened down in Kerry, sick to the teeth. Its great.

If Mayo can match the exact same intensity as the metric their last two games they will be there again next year in the final.
Jesus will you grow up.  Gloating over winning a competition in which every dice is loaded in your favour .

Ye beat an average and downsizing Kerry team over the past 5 years and on a couple of occasions with a bit of help.  Nothing huge to boast about TBH .   

Only gloating over Kerry, not anyone else. I really feel for Mayo, really do.

That's your opinion, you wont change mine.

Not for you, but for me definitely, Kerry are Kerry, they will always be the team to beat and are the best. Its not even about this year, its the fact now that Dublin can now start saying you find all Ireland medals in your change in Dublin.

stephenite

Quote from: heffo on October 04, 2016, 08:15:46 AM
How long is it customary to bitch and moan post-AI about the ref and accuse the opposition of all the things your own team is equally guilty of?

I'm up to 20 years (and showing no sign of stopping anytime soon).

Rossfan

I won't be doing any shopping in Dublin for a while, until ye go back to giving legal coins again >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: heffo on October 04, 2016, 08:15:46 AM
How long is it customary to bitch and moan post-AI about the ref and accuse the opposition of all the things your own team is equally guilty of?
As long as it takes heffo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Canalman

Funnily enough, I think the fact that it is Mayo in a final is of benefit to the opposing team. Definitely a case of "not on our watch" oddly galvanizes that team as rightly or wrongly no county wants to be the designated  "chump" when Mayo break their hoodoo. Grimly determines that county in question.

Definitely  a backhanded compliment , but would prefer not to have to play Mayo for some time now. Some serious bruising encounters with them the last 10 years or so. Supporters clearly  dislike each other alot which doesn't help.

Unfortunately for Mayo, and imo again two handling errors cost them dearly in 2012 and 2016 finals.

Maroon Manc

Deegan certainly got a couple of big decisions wrong but I don't subscribe to the idea that he did enough to cost Mayo, Mayo certainly were on the receiving end of a couple of free's that shouldn't have been given.

Anyone else think Hennelly should just keep his mouth shut and take the criticism instead of looking for sympathy?

As for Connolly he's very hard to warm too, he's the most talented player of his generation but he's constantly looking for confrontation.

I think Mayo will be back and won't be far away next year as long as there isn't too many retirements. I heard a rumour that Higgins will retire but I just don't see it. This team have played into late August or September for the last 5 years, you have to admire their character given the heartbreak they've suffered.

Walter Cronc

Moran out. Conor O'Shea to FF and get McLoughlin up the bloody field. Coen could do the sweeper role.

That's for starters!

guy crouchback

Quote from: Canalman on October 04, 2016, 11:11:23 AM
Funnily enough, I think the fact that it is Mayo in a final is of benefit to the opposing team. Definitely a case of "not on our watch" oddly galvanizes that team as rightly or wrongly no county wants to be the designated  "chump" when Mayo break their hoodoo. Grimly determines that county in question.

Definitely  a backhanded compliment , but would prefer not to have to play Mayo for some time now. Some serious bruising encounters with them the last 10 years or so. Supporters clearly  dislike each other a lot which doesn't help.

Unfortunately for Mayo, and imo again two handling errors cost them dearly in 2012 and 2016 finals.

i have no complaints about the result really, the ref didn't cost us the game and by and large we gave as good as we got. i'm actually really looking forward to next year already and our league game on a Saturday night in croker will really be the start of another year!!!

as the fans not liking each other i have never really seen it everyone going mental for 70 mins then hand shakes all round and see you next time.

Tubberman

Quote from: guy crouchback on October 04, 2016, 11:37:12 AM
Quote from: Canalman on October 04, 2016, 11:11:23 AM

Definitely  a backhanded compliment , but would prefer not to have to play Mayo for some time now. Some serious bruising encounters with them the last 10 years or so. Supporters clearly  dislike each other a lot which doesn't help.

i have no complaints about the result really, the ref didn't cost us the game and by and large we gave as good as we got. i'm actually really looking forward to next year already and our league game on a Saturday night in croker will really be the start of another year!!!

as the fans not liking each other i have never really seen it everyone going mental for 70 mins then hand shakes all round and see you next time.

I haven't seen any problems between supporters either apart from online, where people behave in a way they never would in face-to-face circumstances.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: criostlinn on October 03, 2016, 07:01:05 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on October 03, 2016, 06:21:43 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 02, 2016, 11:32:30 PM
Quote from: Halfquarter on October 02, 2016, 11:18:27 PM
Quote from: blast05 on October 02, 2016, 11:08:06 PM
Good God, i've just watched Keegans black card...... i'm dumbstruck. Connolly dived (he did NOT end up on the ground through interference from Keegan so therefore it could not be a black card by the letter of the law).
Connolly talked Deegan into giving the black card - pathetic
Christ, no sleep again tonight after watching that.

Ciaran Whelan and other ex Dublin players have been working hard for the last two weeks bad mouthing Keegan, it seems to have worked.

Of course it worked. Had to smile when I heard Whelan say that Keegan thing was not a black. When the cup is in the bag you can hand out all the platitudes you want. Job well done CiarĂ¡n and co.
While we shot ourselves in the foot again having 2 of the 3 most important officials from Leinster reeks of bad practice. Anybody who imagines that Dublin did not benefit form the big calls need to go and boil their heads.

So Dublin benefited from big calls! What card should have been shown for the sneaky charge on Jonny Cooper after the Mayo goal. A red card?

You are not the first Dub who reckons this was a red. The last few when asked why couldnt really say why. Maybe you can let me know how in the name of god you think thats a red card

I didn't suggest that it should necessarily have been a red card - I asked what colour should the card have been. As it was, there wasn't even a name noted.

Much of the focus of this thread has been on how Mayo were robbed by the ref. A little more objectivity is needed.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

larryin89

Its the balancing act by some that puzzles me, in awe of this great dublin team , the greatest of all time etc but Mayo are just average side with no marquee forward. It doesnt add up as mayo are the nearest to them and arguably with any drawn game with the replay ending in a one point win the losing team can think of ways it could or should of been won.

A few under 21s can put in the hard yards over the winter we will improve next year. This line that mayo are finished has been thrown out since 2012 defeat by the likes of spillane and co. When do people just admit they are wrong and look deeper into the culture change James Horan created in Mayo football.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Canalman

This "greatest team ever" guff is just a sarcastic sneer and not taken seriously at all.

Kerry team of 70s/80s the best ever and will probably never be matched.

This current Dublin team is (again imo) competing with an awful lot of teams to be rated as second ............ Tyrone in the 00s, Down in the 1960s, Kerry in the 00s again, Galway 3 in a row team, Kerry in the 1930s ( I presume) , Dublin in the 70s  Sean Boylan teams etc. Many others

Take your pick, all have merit.

Jinxy

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 04, 2016, 11:33:39 AM
Moran out. Conor O'Shea to FF and get McLoughlin up the bloody field. Coen could do the sweeper role.

That's for starters!

That FF line needs pace, not another big, slow lad.
I'd agree that playing McLoughlin at the back is a luxury Mayo can't afford.
Was always good for a couple of points from the HF line.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Jinxy on October 04, 2016, 01:12:08 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 04, 2016, 11:33:39 AM

That's for starters!

That FF line needs pace, not another big, slow lad.
I'd agree that playing McLoughlin at the back is a luxury Mayo can't afford.
Was always good for a couple of points from the HF line.

He's certainly more dynamic and mobile than Aidan. I thought he did well when he came on and should have been played through on goal at one stage.