All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Quote from: gallsman on September 18, 2016, 06:03:06 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 18, 2016, 05:55:57 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 18, 2016, 05:50:06 PM
I saw Eoghan O'Gara revert to the "footballer" he never was. Lad has no ability to keep his head whatsoever.

Brutal match except for the last ten. McAuley was f**king dreadful and must be the worst footballer to ever be crowned footballer of the year.

He hardly ever seems to kick the ball (McAuley)

Because he's terrible at it. He's a superb athlete but he's no f**king footballer.

Can't believe O'Connor had the stones to finish that. Normally a sneaky wee coward who contributes shag all from play.

Poor comment, don't think COC deserves that at all. He isn't a top quality forward but he is no coward either. A brave but somewhat limited IC forward.

Rudi

Quote from: gallsman on September 18, 2016, 05:50:06 PM
I saw Eoghan O'Gara revert to the "footballer" he never was. Lad has no ability to keep his head whatsoever.

Brutal match except for the last ten. McAuley was f**king dreadful and must be the worst footballer to ever be crowned footballer of the year.

Plus 1 to all that. Would add that Dublin were utter muck today. Mayo were by far the better side, those 2 goals will haunt Mayo forever. Don't think Dublin can be as bad in the replay. Bad luck cost Mayo an All Ireland.

gallsman

O'Connor is most certainly a coward. As mentioned previously, he's a bad f**ker for sneaky hits off the ball. While he was hit a nasty wraparound by McAuley, it a only came after he tried to throw the shoulder in. He's a nasty little bollocks.

Main Street

Are all Marty M's shirts missing the top 3 buttons?
I liked his pink today.

clarshack

Quote from: gallsman on September 18, 2016, 06:21:58 PM
O'Connor is most certainly a coward. As mentioned previously, he's a bad f**ker for sneaky hits off the ball. While he was hit a nasty wraparound by McAuley, it a only came after he tried to throw the shoulder in. He's a nasty little bollocks.

Wtf cowards don't kick equalisers in an all Ireland final with basically the kick of the game.

seafoid

Pat Spillane: "Down through the years people called them chokers, mentally frail. They're not that any more. They won the second half 10 to 5. But you don't prove the critics wrong in a drawn All-Ireland. The Dubs were there for the taking."

Joe Brolly: "Mayo should be seething with disappointment. Five points down after that atrocious bad luck and I thought they would go on and win it at one stage. But the job is only half-done. Push on now."

Colm O'Rourke: "Anybody that could ever talk about Mayo's heart for a battle, they silenced all critics today. The danger is that Mayo could lose the run of themselves after a draw. Dublin will go away and analyse this now. They'll be a different team in the replay."

gallsman

Quote from: clarshack on September 18, 2016, 06:25:25 PM

Wtf cowards don't kick equalisers in an all Ireland final with basically the kick of the game.

Hence my surprise.

mrdeeds

He tried to throw the shoulder in. Wow.

gallsman

Quote from: mrdeeds on September 18, 2016, 06:26:52 PM

Maybe you're not able to read between the lines. He tried to take McAuley out rather than playing the ball and in doing so, got hit himself.

Westside

O'Connor has the heart of a truly great player, same as Michael Murphy and Conor McManus. Not as good ability wise but he's hit massive scores in huge games before. If Aidan O'Shea was made of the same stuff Mayo would be flying.

McCauley.. It's an inexcusable travesty that he was player of the year. Did enough today to leave from the field 3 times.

gallsman

O'Shea was brutal. That effort he went for from the 45 smacked of playing hero ball.

Nigel White

Zulu

Quote from: gallsman on September 18, 2016, 06:29:07 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on September 18, 2016, 06:26:52 PM

Maybe you're not able to read between the lines. He tried to take McAuley out rather than playing the ball and in doing so, got hit himself.

Disagree on pretty much everything you've said there. I'll have to watch it again but I'd say you are wrong there.

Zulu

gallsman

Quote from: Zulu on September 18, 2016, 06:39:26 PM
Disagree on pretty much everything you've said there. I'll have to watch it again but I'd say you are wrong there.

Fair enough. Only my opinion.