All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 18, 2016, 05:41:44 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on September 18, 2016, 05:39:19 PM
Poor quality game but very exciting. Couple of initial thoughts are McAuley got away with an extremely dangerous neck pull down. Knew what he was doing too. Clear pick up off the ground by dub defender after the equaliser.  Black cards should be dispensed with, the inconsistencies are ridiculous at this stage.

On the MacAuley one, Cillian O'Connor was once again leading into a player with his shoulder, it was about the third time he had done this in the game and is an equally dangerous offence.

There is a lot to like about o'connors play but off the ball him, donaghy and michael murphy are th three dirtiest forwards in the game. 

Connolly up there too mind you.

StGallsGAA

Dublin really were poor today.  Barely worth their salaries paid month off work to prepare.

gallsman

I saw Eoghan O'Gara revert to the "footballer" he never was. Lad has no ability to keep his head whatsoever.

Brutal match except for the last ten. McAuley was f**king dreadful and must be the worst footballer to ever be crowned footballer of the year.

skeog

Jim Gavin gave a very honest appraisal of his teams performance. Mayo will have to be at least 20 percent better the next day IMO. Great display from Mayo just hope that Sam crosses the Shannon.

David McKeown

Missed the game due to a funeral. Anyone know where I could pick up a torrent of it. Can't get RTE in the house at the minute.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on September 18, 2016, 05:50:06 PM
I saw Eoghan O'Gara revert to the "footballer" he never was. Lad has no ability to keep his head whatsoever.

Brutal match except for the last ten. McAuley was f**king dreadful and must be the worst footballer to ever be crowned footballer of the year.

He hardly ever seems to kick the ball (McAuley)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rois

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 18, 2016, 05:21:11 PM
High drama at the end but the game was a poor error ridden one like the last two All Ireland finals. 16 years since a replay it was due. Why isn't the replay next weekend?
Ladies play next weekend

Main Street

Quote from: David McKeown on September 18, 2016, 05:54:11 PM
Missed the game due to a funeral. Anyone know where I could pick up a torrent of it. Can't get RTE in the house at the minute.
Rte player is the obvious choice, it should be up there soon on the "latest" list.
The game was shown live on rte player, open source,  no geo block whatsoever and in top quality.

JoG2

timmyot501

square_ball

Quote from: Minder on September 18, 2016, 05:55:57 PM

Have you ever seen him kick a ball? It's like he has never been taught how to kick a ball. Brutal technique. Finds himself in great scoring position but doesn't have the necessary skills to execute a shot. Fenton a much more natural footballer.

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on September 18, 2016, 05:55:57 PM

Because he's terrible at it. He's a superb athlete but he's no f**king footballer.

Can't believe O'Connor had the stones to finish that. Normally a sneaky wee coward who contributes shag all from play.

From the Bunker

Mixed emotions after that. The element of surprise has gone. The hype machine cogs will start to turn again. Plus for working people  with a family, this replay puts time and financial strains.'

cicfada

In the normal course of events you'd say that the favorites having played badly would be much better the next day out and win the replay. But while you'd expect the Dubs to be better, what Mayo face prices is that they're well able for them. What Mayo also need is Aidan o Shea to get his finger out . He was very poor today. If he plays well then there's enough there to suggest an historic win .

JoG2

Quote from: skeog on September 18, 2016, 05:53:38 PM
Jim Gavin gave a very honest appraisal of his teams performance. Mayo will have to be at least 20 percent better the next day IMO. Great display from Mayo just hope that Sam crosses the Shannon.

Mayo had the hunger and hit hard and often,  they seemed to panic too often and not recycle the ball.  Today's game will stand to them and I can see another very tight affair in 2 weeks.  On the other hand,  surely Brogan,  McManamon,  Connolly cannot be as poor.

Paul Flynn,  serious footballer in his day,  but he has lead a charmed life the last couple of seasons

I'm I the only who thinks Kilkenny is more a hindrance to the Dubs by hanging between his own 65 and 20m lines? A million and one lateral passes going nowhere and slowing their attacks down something shocking.  Surely they have enough footballing half backs who can play the ball out and allow Kilkenny to cause damage higher up the pitch?