All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

The current Dublin team may or may not be the best ever but what is indisputable is that they are the best prepared team ever .  Also by every possible metric they have a massive advantage on all their competitors .  Another factor is how the sports governing body needs them to be successful. 

ONeill

Just back from a 4-day stint in Mayo. For the first day I got talking to a few locals and the same line was trotted out....we're in for a tanking and Tyrone should have beaten us and so on but I noticed a twinkle in the eyes. Also, the flags belied the defeatist attitude. By the time I left they were telling me how they were going to rip the Dubs to pieces and that this was their year because it was back to front. I even bought myself a Mayo flag when I left such was their infectious expectation. Make no mistake, Mayo expects, quietly but deeply. Mayo have found their Jim Gavin and in Keegan and Higgins they have their Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. Islands in the stream. Sail away with me, to another world. Leenaun or Leenane. Maan or Maun. It doesn't matter. Sam is coming west.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 29, 2016, 09:12:52 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 29, 2016, 05:50:37 PM

I remember that day well.

I was in the Nally, there was loads of room there. A lot of the Dubs were let by officials (naturally Dubs) to go across from the Nally to the Hill! Very irresponsible and very dangerous trying to prove a point that the Hill belonged to the Dubs. Thankfully there was no incident (this time!).

Jinxy

Quote from: ONeill on August 29, 2016, 09:32:47 PM
Just back from a 4-day stint in Mayo. For the first day I got talking to a few locals and the same line was trotted out....we're in for a tanking and Tyrone should have beaten us and so on but I noticed a twinkle in the eyes. Also, the flags belied the defeatist attitude. By the time I left they were telling me how they were going to rip the Dubs to pieces and that this was their year because it was back to front. I even bought myself a Mayo flag when I left such was their infectious expectation. Make no mistake, Mayo expects, quietly but deeply. Mayo have found their Jim Gavin and in Keegan and Higgins they have their Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. Islands in the stream. Sail away with me, to another world. Leenaun or Leenane. Maan or Maun. It doesn't matter. Sam is coming west.

They were 4 heavy days I'd say.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Are Mayo going to try rough Dublin up before throw in again or what??

ONeill

Aye, shaking rightly tonight. They like their country music.

From the Bunker

Quote from: heffo on August 29, 2016, 09:44:29 PM

This is not 1996!

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on August 29, 2016, 09:32:47 PM

They were just having a quiet giggle at the Tyrone Lad who got caught up in Uncle Peters hype of their team. And Plámásed you into spending your Sterling. They, like us all know the All Ireland final has been played!

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on August 29, 2016, 09:45:48 PM
isn't it the same in Philomenastan?

ONeill

Quote from: seafoid on August 29, 2016, 09:55:00 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 29, 2016, 09:45:48 PM
isn't it the same in Philomenastan?

To an extent but you crowd are closer to America and seem to like the Nashville stuff. We're more into the more innocent lyrics about blankets and tickling.

heffo

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 29, 2016, 09:48:56 PM

This is not 1996!

They did it last year - poor aul Vaughn did his shoulder when he went at Kilkenny out on the Cusack side and Higgins bounced off Connolly, ran back 5 yards and bounced off him again.

From the Bunker

Quote from: heffo on August 29, 2016, 10:02:12 PM

This is not 1996!

They did it last year - poor aul Vaughn did his shoulder when he went at Kilkenny out on the Cusack side and Higgins bounced off Connolly, ran back 5 yards and bounced off him again.

Nearly as good as Cooper on DOC. Classy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDb9nvzY9sY

INDIANA

Quote from: ashman on August 29, 2016, 09:31:03 PM
The current Dublin team may or may not be the best ever but what is indisputable is that they are the best prepared team ever .  Also by every possible metric they have a massive advantage on all their competitors .  Another factor is how the sports governing body needs them to be successful.

Plays a very small violin ...

ballinaman

Quote from: heffo on August 29, 2016, 10:02:12 PM

This is not 1996!

Will Johnny Cooper rake DOC again?...it's all tres exciting! 8)