All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

I predict a draw.
Mayo lads love a good draw.
They will then get utterly tanked in the replay.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 29, 2016, 02:28:03 PM
I predict a draw.
Mayo lads love a good draw.
They will then get utterly tanked in the replay.

The only time we will get utterly tanked, is if we win.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

rrhf

This final Reminds me a little when Tyrone played the great Kerry goldenears team in 86... without the novel factor of it being Tyrone's first.  Unfortunately I fear that Mayo are as far away from an All Ireland as they ever have been in 70 years and they are yet to play the final.  They would have beat Kerry if they had got through though.   
That said I think Mayo  are a much better team than Kerry, but Kerry's experience was crucial as they maximised their opportunities yesterday.
I just think the Dubs are unbeatable by the best of the rest.  When in doubt the referees help them along as well.  Home advantage a huge help also.  In 3 years time Kerry will be up with them again as well. These guys are the best prepared athletes to every play the game and are prepared to a higher level that any other.  They also have the talent to match.     

Jinxy

Mayo don't have the skill levels of Kerry, but they do have the ability to play the game at a very high-intensity.
In theory, Dublin shouldn't 'get away' from them like they do with most teams.
Mayo have good tackling technique so if they can apply lots of defensive pressure without coughing up handy frees for Rock, they'll be in with a chance.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tubberman

Quote from: rrhf on August 29, 2016, 02:43:00 PM
This final Reminds me a little when Tyrone played the great Kerry goldenears team in 86... without the novel factor of it being Tyrone's first.  Unfortunately I fear that Mayo are as far away from an All Ireland as they ever have been in 70 years and they are yet to play the final.  They would have beat Kerry if they had got through though.   
That said I think Mayo  are a much better team than Kerry, but Kerry's experience was crucial as they maximised their opportunities yesterday.
I just think the Dubs are unbeatable by the best of the rest.  When in doubt the referees help them along as well.  Home advantage a huge help also.  In 3 years time Kerry will be up with them again as well. These guys are the best prepared athletes to every play the game and are prepared to a higher level that any other.  They also have the talent to match.     

Well we won it 65 and 66 years ago, so we weren't too far away those years!
We're also closer than we were last year and the year before, and every other year we weren't in a final.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

rrhf

If you could advise one thing to Mayo what would it be:
1) Start the game well.
2) see 1 

Rossfan

Can only see one outcome to this game and it won't be a nice one for our neighbours ( or the deluded ones in Ballagh).
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Mcgloughlin provoked him in a league game in hq two years ago and he lashed out resulting in a sending off.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

On Diarmuid Connolly's twitter

#hill16isdublinolny 

muppet

In fairness to the Dubs, if they win they will have done it the hard way by convincingly beating the teams who been the most consistent in each of the 3 provinces for the last 5 years.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

If Mayo can prevent the Dubs from scoring soft goals early on they could be in with a great chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5q0KmjU0Qk!

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: yellowcard on August 29, 2016, 09:58:22 AM
For Mayo supporters, rather than simply dismiss the point, can you present any logical reason why your team should pose any challenge to Dublin based on the evidence of what we've seen this year. I can see absolutely none, and I say that with no pleasure as I would be firmly in Mayos corner as a neutral supporter like 31 other counties. However I firmly believe we are watching arguably the best side ever playing Gaelic football ( I exclude the great Kerry side as I don't remember them). You can laugh and sneer if you want but history will judge this Dublin side as so. But for an aberration against Donegal in 2014, this team would be going for 4 in a row in 3 weeks time.

That's a fairly sweeping statement Yellowcard. If you don't mind my pointing out, if you're ruling out any teams you yourself haven't seen, such as the Kerry Golden Years, you're ruling out 100 years of football. 100 years is a long time.

As for your argument that 2014 against Donegal was an aberration, that's a fair-sized aberration. The history of this Dublin team isn't written yet. You wouldn't know how it'd go yet. It's best to take the hype in small doses.