Tipp v Mayo AI semi final (still doesnt sound right!!)

Started by tippabu, August 07, 2016, 10:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo Club 51

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 11, 2016, 04:52:26 PM
Lads, I know this one is on RTE.

Is it also on Sky?

I am away and will get easier access if on Sky.

Match is on both RTE and sky sports.

ballinaman

Quote from: Zulu on August 11, 2016, 05:16:17 PM
Yes, think semi finals and finals are on both.
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 11, 2016, 05:19:33 PM

Is it also on Sky?

Quote from: Mayo Club 51 on August 11, 2016, 06:46:08 PM

Is it also on Sky?

Match is on both RTE and sky sports.
Yea on Sky also. Minor semi final Donegal v Galway will be live on TG4 a game that should be well worth watching.
Can we get any more clarification on this?still not sure.

seafoid

If it was Tyrone Vs Tipp it would be up.to 20 pages by now. You free staters have no performance chips on your shoulders  .

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: moysider on August 11, 2016, 02:02:56 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 11, 2016, 09:59:12 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 11, 2016, 01:00:19 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 11, 2016, 12:06:49 AM
Hon Tipp da feck!  ;) :D

Jaysus Myles, did ye not stir up enough on the thread that got locked down!!

You started it ye know. Bomber didn't know when to let the bone go with the dog and our Larry took off the shirt!

I'm hoping for a more civil thread here - at least until after the game.

Lighten up Moy, sure 'tis only an oul bit of craic! ;)

Hon Tipp!

Sure I was only havin the craic myself Myles ;)

Glad to hear it; was beginning to fear you were on an angst-ridden, self-flagellatory descent into an interminable cycle of self-recriminations that would put Matt Talbot himself to shame, no less! ;) :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

mad tan

It's time for Mayo to write the songs and paint the sheep. Sam could well spend the winter in the West.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mad tan on August 11, 2016, 08:55:09 PM
It's time for Mayo to write the songs and paint the sheep. Sam could well spend the winter in the West.
It's the likes of you who want us to fail.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyHarp

Quote from: seafoid on August 11, 2016, 07:59:12 PM
If it was Tyrone Vs Tipp it would be up.to 20 pages by now. You free staters have no performance chips on your shoulders  .

Wow, you still banging on about Tyrone?
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

It will be like a second pride festival on the hill. Wonderful colour party..

moysider

Quote from: mad tan on August 11, 2016, 08:55:09 PM

God help us but there will always be people that will write shite football songs and paint sheep, who have better things to be doing at this time of year.

Sam will not be in the West. That is a certainty really when you think about it. The winner is between Dublin and Kerry. Dublin probably - but if Kerry do Dublin they are hardly going to lose a final.

The semi between Tipp. and Mayo is just about who is going to be beaten in the final.

I notice there is a thread about the demise of Meath football. Not necessarily a bad thing, but since they went tits up playing they have flooded the game with referees! How ironic is that! Poachers turning gamekeepers. Mayo have already been screwed by Gough and O Reilly. David Coldrick is the best of them but he has dirtied his bib as well. A Mayo v Kerry final would be unwinnable with a probable Meath referee, no matter what we could do.

tbrick18

I've a bit of a soft spot for Mayo and as much as I would love to see them win an All-Ireland, I cant help but root for Tipp.
They beat us fair and square and they are the where they are on merit, but are still massive underdogs.
Its the stuff of dreams at the minute and wouldnt it be some story (would make a great movie) to see them in an AI final and exacting revenge on Kerry!

Dire Ear

Am from Tyrone and would like both to win and go the distance; but I think Tipp may have had their glory this year.  Always liked Mayo and it's people, I was at the game after Cormacs death and it was a touching occassion. I felt AOS coped admirably with totally unnecessary goading against us last day out, and hope the Tyrone boyos cut it out , as their discipline was one of their better traits this year.  Mayo are motoring along nicely and Parsons will prove to be a big player for them. Get their heads right and they can beat the Dubs too  ;)

AZOffaly

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 12, 2016, 09:50:57 AM
I've a bit of a soft spot for Mayo and as much as I would love to see them win an All-Ireland, I cant help but root for Tipp.
They beat us fair and square and they are the where they are on merit, but are still massive underdogs.
Its the stuff of dreams at the minute and wouldnt it be some story (would make a great movie) to see them in an AI final and exacting revenge on Kerry!

it would also be the death of football in the county, as everyone would be drunk for about 6 months.

iorras

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 12, 2016, 09:50:57 AM
It would be stuff of fantasy and fairytales, whatever about the year of the underdog, they have a chance of beating mayo in the semi but they have absolutely zero chance of laying a glove on either Dublin or Kerry in the final.
And that's not necessarily that they are a bad team, an all Ireland final is a completely different kettle of fish and while I'd give them a chance if they were playing Kerry in the semi (but less of a chance than they have against Mayo), they'd have no chance against Dublin. Shocks of that magnitude in a final don't happen anymore in "GAA circumstances" (as Effin Eddie would say). Its too professional for that. But they can happen in a semi.
Tipp have a good chance, Mayo will be trying to do just enough I think and don't have as much work done on Tipp as they did on Tyrone. I think when they looked at the championship fixtures this year the management would have felt there was a strong chance of playing Tyrone in a semi and might have prepared for that. I also expect them to naturally drop their performance by a few percent from the Tyrone performance, no matter what anyone says.

I don't subscribe to this "theres no pressure on Tipp" nonsense either though. "They have nothing to lose", they have a lot to lose, theres a massive prize on offer, win, lose or draw it is still a phenomenal achievement for an inter county footballer to play in an all Ireland senior final. That creates pressure. As does expectation of course, and the expectation will be on Mayo to win it so both teams are under there own types of pressure. We'll see who handles it best on the day. Tipp don't need this distraction of club fixtures with the county board, but that will either distract them or drive them on "nobody likes us" etc. Can work both ways