Tipp v Mayo AI semi final (still doesnt sound right!!)

Started by tippabu, August 07, 2016, 10:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Absolutely. But in fairness, it's not Russian caviar.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: moysider on August 11, 2016, 01:00:19 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 11, 2016, 12:06:49 AM
Hon Tipp da feck!  ;) :D

Jaysus Myles, did ye not stir up enough on the thread that got locked down!!

You started it ye know. Bomber didn't know when to let the bone go with the dog and our Larry took off the shirt!

I'm hoping for a more civil thread here - at least until after the game.

Lighten up Moy, sure 'tis only an oul bit of craic! ;)

Hon Tipp!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zulu

I fear for Tipp in this one. With a full deck to pick from they'd be on Mayo's coattails but without they are probably a lower half division 2 team and that gap will probably be shown up in Croke park. I hope it isn't but I think it will.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Zulu on August 11, 2016, 11:44:53 AM
I fear for Tipp in this one. With a full deck to pick from they'd be on Mayo's coattails but without they are probably a lower half division 2 team and that gap will probably be shown up in Croke park. I hope it isn't but I think it will.

That'd be my fear as well, I'm really hopeful for next year, if those lads come back in there'll be some competition for places. However, for this year, I fear for the strength in depth, and I fear that if Mayo run at Tipp, they'll run through them. That said, I've had the same fears in every game this year, and 3/4 times I've been wrong.

If Mayo are not at full throttle, Tipp will worry them though. The Tipp inside line will be a handful, and their half backs love to attack. I think Tipp will score, but will concede too much to win.

Zulu

Tipp undoubtedly have some genuinely top class players but you'd have to think Mayo will have Tipp on the back foot most of the time and will have the bench to push on in the second half. I think it could be quite a good high scoring game but I'd be surprised if Mayo don't win by 5 or more.

AZOffaly

I tend to agree, but as I said, I've been thinking that for most of the year :)

moysider

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 11, 2016, 09:59:12 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 11, 2016, 01:00:19 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 11, 2016, 12:06:49 AM
Hon Tipp da feck!  ;) :D

Jaysus Myles, did ye not stir up enough on the thread that got locked down!!

You started it ye know. Bomber didn't know when to let the bone go with the dog and our Larry took off the shirt!

I'm hoping for a more civil thread here - at least until after the game.

Lighten up Moy, sure 'tis only an oul bit of craic! ;)

Hon Tipp!

Sure I was only havin the craic myself Myles ;)

moysider

Quote from: iorras on August 11, 2016, 09:26:30 AM
Quote from: joemamas on August 11, 2016, 03:26:50 AM
A little off topic, but just watched  Mayo V Tyrone again.
Paul Earley is an hateful anti Mayo p***k.
His commentary in the first half was disgraceful has reinforced everything I thought of him over past few years. Pathetic .
Totally agree with you there. I try not to be blinkered and react to perceived slights, but I first cottoned on to him during the Kildare game. I actually thought I was watching a different match, he kept going on about how Kildare were winning the second half and how good they were, and how poor Mayo are. WHAT??? We were 7 points up with 10 minutes to go when he was blathering that. Mike Finnerty should give him a dig.
That's the end of him for this season anyway. Wont have to listen to him again.
Agree about Earley bias but I just pay no heed to him.
Overall sky presentation much better than RTE imo.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 11, 2016, 02:08:08 PM
His commentary in the first half was disgraceful has reinforced everything I thought of him over past few years. Pathetic .
Totally agree with you there. I try not to be blinkered and react to perceived slights, but I first cottoned on to him during the Kildare game. I actually thought I was watching a different match, he kept going on about how Kildare were winning the second half and how good they were, and how poor Mayo are. WHAT??? We were 7 points up with 10 minutes to go when he was blathering that. Mike Finnerty should give him a dig.

I see the irrational invented slights by the neighbours are hitting Mayo hard now. Bunker time, can't want for Mid-West to get everyone giddy at the prospect of an AI again.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on August 11, 2016, 02:15:51 PM

I see the irrational invented slights by the neighbours are hit Mayo hard now. Bunker time, can't want for Mid-West to get everyone giddy at the prospect of an AI again.

Come on now Syf. The Kildare game commentary was mad. You'd swear they had dominated everywhere. Hadn't heard him been anti-Mayo, but I was wondering if he was on the same planet as I was. Didn't really take much notice of him or Finnerty the last day as I was too into the game itself.

Anyway Syf, enjoy the eventual fall later this year. It's not as if you've had much else to enjoy this year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

joemamas

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 11, 2016, 02:52:15 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 11, 2016, 02:15:51 PM

I see the irrational invented slights by the neighbours are hit Mayo hard now. Bunker time, can't want for Mid-West to get everyone giddy at the prospect of an AI again.

Come on now Syf. The Kildare game commentary was mad. You'd swear they had dominated everywhere. Hadn't heard him been anti-Mayo, but I was wondering if he was on the same planet as I was. Didn't really take much notice of him or Finnerty the last day as I was too into the game itself.

Anyway Syf, enjoy the eventual fall later this year. It's not as if you've had much else to enjoy this year.

Syf,

Have you by chance watched the game again, I was at the game Sunday, but I decided to watch it again last night, could not believe what I was hearing, bothered me off big time. Mike Finnerty, probably does not want to get into a pissing contest with him, but Earley's pathetic biased commentary should not be allowed to go unnoticed.

Cunny Funt

Paul Earley to me sounds like a negative Mayo supporter on commentary than anti Mayo. The last 5 mins it sounded like he was pulling out his hair as Mayo played Russian roulette. Do you guys ever listen to Sean Rice on mid west radio? If one didn't know you would think he is anti Mayo also with his negative views during commentary.

From the Bunker

Lads, I know this one is on RTE.

Is it also on Sky?

I am away and will get easier access if on Sky.

Zulu

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 11, 2016, 04:52:26 PM
Lads, I know this one is on RTE.

Is it also on Sky?

I am away and will get easier access if on Sky.
Yea on Sky also. Minor semi final Donegal v Galway will be live on TG4 a game that should be well worth watching.