Hurling Semi Finals

Started by manfromdelmonte, August 04, 2016, 12:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Zulu on August 13, 2016, 09:47:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2016, 08:43:20 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 13, 2016, 08:39:14 PM
Austin Glesson will be spoken about as one of, if not the best, hurler of all time by the time he is finished. A bold statement for a 21 year old I know but I can't ever recall seeing a guy look like a senior player playing against minors. He just owns games. Great game but shocking stuff from the referee.

Don't ruin a good post by blaming the ref fs

He was brutal MM2. Refs can have bad games too you know.
He wouldn't be Cody's first choice to be fair, some calls looked easy but I could pick out 3 easy call by the reg in first half i thought Waterford got easy ... Just from a neutral view and a refs view, and to be fair I would have prefered Waterford to win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Great game with more Kilkenny lads standing up to the challenge than the last day and fair play to Waterford they were in it to the end, hopefully they will get their day in the sun shortly.

On Austin Gleeson, a fantastic talent who was outcatching TJ Reid, no mean task, but his decision making needs to improve for the betterment of the team.
Mick Fennelly was immense and could be a big loss to the cats. Hope it isn't seriously

orangeman

Football should be banned after watching that game tonight.

:)

Brilliant game of hurling. Hard luck to Waterford. They'll be back.

Minder

It looked like a hard game to ref
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Íseal agus crua isteach a

I actually thought the referee done well enough. Remember the rules are merely only guide lines. There not supposed to be implemented in every play otherwise it would be a game of frees. Thought the referee tried to give advantage when ever he thought he could. Some times you can get lucky "letting it go" otherwise it could get niggly very easy. A lot depends on the players. Ive been turning my hand to refereeing lately and I look at refs in a total different light now. An impossible job. If you get 95% of you're decisions right people will gravitate towards the 5% you didn't get right.

GalwayBayBoy

Austin Glesson will be spoken about as one of, if not the best, hurler of all time by the time he is finished. A bold statement for a 21 year old I know but I can't ever recall seeing a guy look like a senior player playing against minors. He just owns games. Great game but shocking stuff from the referee.

Great talent alright. Fantastic athlete although he has constant major rushes of blood to the head. Takes on far too many ridiculous shots. Very wasteful at times. That said he's still young.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 14, 2016, 02:30:46 AM

Great talent alright. Fantastic athlete although he has constant major rushes of blood to the head. Takes on far too many ridiculous shots. Very wasteful at times. That said he's still young.

Imagine a 21 year old making wrong decisions!!!  Fantastic player and he has a great future.

This was an unreal game and both teams played it out the way it should be. Hard, on the edge without any malice. Some great performances but Richie Hogan is a real 'clutch' player. Pulls key scores out of nothing. This was a real 'Cody' performance.

As for the ref I'm not a hurling man but I thought he did ok. He let a lot go in the first half but there was no real dangerous stuff. He maybe favoured Waterford slightly but that happens sometimes. I think he did ok.

AZOffaly

The poor Galway minor goalie is having a nightmare today. Tipp have 7 goals scored and a few of the, have been errors. I hope Tipp stop going for goals now.

seafoid

That is some Tipp minor team

thejuice

Anyone got a decent live stream. Watching a very pixelated version, not great to spot the sliotar.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

Wildweasel74

thought the rule was side to side now not shoulder to shoulder, dont think that one on canning was neither!!

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Minder

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 14, 2016, 03:55:21 PM
thought the rule was side to side now not shoulder to shoulder, dont think that one on canning was neither!!

Yeah that was a foul
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

Quote from: Minder on August 14, 2016, 04:04:38 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 14, 2016, 03:55:21 PM

Yeah that was a foul

You'd still be proud of that one though
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016