Hurling Semi Finals

Started by manfromdelmonte, August 04, 2016, 12:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Ref absolutely riding Kilkenny at times here.

gallsman

A real shame to see that happen Mick Fennelly, looked very nasty. He'd been having a monster of a game.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Wildweasel74

That was a free there for Big Maurice there before going down on the ball

Wildweasel74

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

joemamas

What an incredible display by both teams.
Heartbroken for Waterford, so many of their players were incredible.

Milltown Row2

Amazing game. How Kilkenny keep going to the well is beyond me!! Something else and to watch it in  Spain with a decent Guinness!! Bring on tomorrow!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Zulu

Austin Glesson will be spoken about as one of, if not the best, hurler of all time by the time he is finished. A bold statement for a 21 year old I know but I can't ever recall seeing a guy look like a senior player playing against minors. He just owns games. Great game but shocking stuff from the referee.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Zulu on August 13, 2016, 08:39:14 PM
Austin Glesson will be spoken about as one of, if not the best, hurler of all time by the time he is finished. A bold statement for a 21 year old I know but I can't ever recall seeing a guy look like a senior player playing against minors. He just owns games. Great game but shocking stuff from the referee.

Don't ruin a good post by blaming the ref fs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

The worst one was the free given against Liam Blanchfield for an absolutely perfect shoulder. Maurice came and and promptly should have been blown for charging and instead got tap over free.

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Agree re Austin Gleeson, I have never seen a player dominate so much in the air ever. Especially against Kilkenny. Every time Austin came down from the clouds with the ball he was completely surrounded. I think Waterford could have given him a little more support in that department. For me Kilkenny utilizing the corners of the pitch and the side lines just give them that wee split second more on the ball. Waterford had to work much harder to get their scores. Credit to both teams but I'm sad to see Waterford gone.

manfromdelmonte

Waterford didn't get Gleeson and Mahoney on the ball enough in second half

Great game though.

Zulu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2016, 08:43:20 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 13, 2016, 08:39:14 PM

Don't ruin a good post by blaming the ref fs

He was brutal MM2. Refs can have bad games too you know.