Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: bennydorano on August 06, 2016, 08:04:42 PM
Tyrone dont have the finished article forwards to be real top drawer.

I would tend to agree - if mcaliskey finishes that goal chance they win.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Lee Keegan today-- majestic. Take a bow sir, truly.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

lenny

Quote from: jp2020 on August 06, 2016, 07:47:10 PM
Said it at earlier this year, but Mickeys time is up! He has overseen mediocricy now for 8yrs, in what other county would that be accepted? Time to give a younger man with fresh ideas a chance.

And not even going to get into his media ban with certain media outlet, its not doing Tyrone GAA any favours. Time for county board to grow a set, if he doesn't do the honourable thing!

Best team won, only for alot of softish frees we struggled up front. And as for McCurry, great in mckenna cup against average footballers but lacks composure when it matters!

Really hope Mayo can you break their duck and take Sam this year! Which at least woukd be some consolation!

Well said.

Mayo4Sam

Cillian was back to his best today, great to see. Thought Dillon did well in the first half, hes such a smart footballer. Thought Parsons was excellent when he came on, really drove us forward
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

skeog

Syferus

Quote from: jp2020 on August 06, 2016, 07:47:10 PM
Said it at earlier this year, but Mickeys time is up! He has overseen mediocricy now for 8yrs, in what other county would that be accepted? Time to give a younger man with fresh ideas a chance.

And not even going to get into his media ban with certain media outlet, its not doing Tyrone GAA any favours. Time for county board to grow a set, if he doesn't do the honourable thing!

Best team won, only for alot of softish frees we struggled up front. And as for McCurry, great in mckenna cup against average footballers but lacks composure when it matters!

Really hope Mayo can you break their duck and take Sam this year! Which at least woukd be some consolation!

Harte is getting the best out of the lot he has. Tyrone playing above themselves the last few years.

maigheo

Harte is right on what he says about the yellow cards but it does sound a bit rich coming from him

jp2020

Quote from: Disillusioned on August 06, 2016, 08:32:10 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/its-a-shame-that-hed-be-a-victim-to-someone-else-enticing-him-like-that-mickey-harte-on-sean-cavanagh-red-card-34944332.html
Cringe!! Sean has mastered getting cards for other players by whatever means and we've never complained, sometimes what goes around comes around. In the past few years he has started to get involved in things he shouldn't, even in club games Mickey should know that there are players in the current team and in past teams that have targetted big players on other teams and he hasnt condemned them!
Mickey really should do whats right and congratulate the winning team, this just stinks of sour grapes!

tyroneman

yellowcard

Mickey is obviously frustrated at the loss of a great opportunity to get to a final, and though it's probably understandable he would have been better off saying nothing.

Whishtup

Perhaps time for more ruthless managment approach?  We simply don't have the liberty of leaving misfiring forwards on the field for half a game while still expecting to win.  Ronan O'Neill should not have started that game on form-capability should not be grounds for selection.  Surely the fear of being axed is what drives competition?  Although he missed that chance, I feel that McCurry would have had more return for the first 45 minutes.  Wouldn't have substituted McShane at that point as he was starting to make inroads.  A pity that such patience was shown during so many plays, only to be let down by glory-hunting efforts in both halves.  A lot to learn for this team.

On the bright side, the younger players have got some experience this year with winning ulster and hopefully will hone those decision-making skills in Division one next year.  i thought sludden was excellent.

Well done Mayo-Excellent gameplan-this could be the year!

jp2020

Quote from: yellowcard on August 06, 2016, 09:01:33 PM
Mickey is obviously frustrated at the loss of a great opportunity to get to a final, and though it's probably understandable he would have been better off saying nothing.
Agreed! See it as sour grapes and, worse still, hypocricy, but also a stab at getting Sean to stay on another year.

Keane

Quote from: Keane on July 25, 2016, 12:02:31 PM
I'm not sure Tyrone will be favourites if it ends up being them versus Mayo.

Tyrone were a level below the big three last season and while Mayo have possibly gone a bit backwards I'm not convinced by the narrative that Tyrone have improved dramatically either. Decent enough results against Derry and in the replay against Cavan are tempered a bit by the failure to beat Cavan easily first time, with subsequent results in the qualifiers putting a big asterisk beside the form line.

The Ulster final was one of the least intense I can remember and I don't think either team was a whole pile better than ok on the day. Tyrone got a couple of very nice scores and showed great bottle coming down the stretch, but the standard of the game overall was so-so.

Mayo's form line is equally suspect, but if both teams are operating at the top of their range over the last season or two, Mayo are a slightly stronger outfit IMO.

Quote from: Keane on July 25, 2016, 12:02:31 PM
Oh yeah obviously Galway are even more blown up again. The Cavan thing is a sidenote really, the quality of the Ulster final would be more of a concern

Yep