Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo AIQF 6/8/2016

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: blast05 on August 09, 2016, 03:07:40 PM
Pulling, dragging, checking runs, wrestling Cavanagh to the ground. None of those are in the rules and Keegan has a long history of this.

The problem here is it is imaginary stuff made up to suit an agenda.
Even the incident that the linesman saw in the first half is in your mind Keegans fault. All that happened was the 2 of them were shoving one another after the ball had gone from their vicinity. However, one of Cavanaghs shoves was strong enough to land Keegan on his arse (fair enough) but Keegan caught Cavanaghs leg rather than falling and then wouldn't let it go. Again, all handbags-at-dawn but you have concluded that Keegan was the devious, sinister one.
Having watched Keegan closely for years, the only time he reverted to the devious arts was v Kerry draw in '14 when he stupidly kicked and got sent off (having been provoked)... fair enough.
Even the Connolly incident last year where he put his hand back in Connollys direction twice is hardly in the devious arts territory.

Anyway, the more we talk about Keegan and Cavanagh the more we are following Dublins narrative of 'poor Dermo, more sinned against then sinner.'
What do i mean ?? Dublin want the Keegan/Cavanagh debate to sew the seed in the publics mind and the referees  body that Keegan is a master of the devious arts and the good players like Connolly need protection.
Alan Brogan is at it on Twitter, Jim Gavin is at it, back page of the Herald has it today about Dublin fearing the unfair attention Dermo' will get v Kerry..... and of course the whinging from Mickey H and Cavanagh have focused heavily, albeit indirectly, on Keegan
It is sickening BS. I would have sympathy for Connolly if he didn't consistently react like a thug when the opposing player doesn't geneflect in front of him.
The irony of it is that the true master of the black arts, the most devious & cunning of them all - Philly McMahon - isn't even getting mentioned. In my 'spaced-out' state after the Mayo/Tyrone game, i focused a lot on Murphy/Philly in the Donegal/Dublin game. INCREDIBLE is the only word to describe the patience the Murhpy showed not to wallop McMahon. He must have come close to single-handidly done more verbal sledging to Murphy than the entire Tyrone team done in the season (sorry, thats insulting to Tyrone). To cap it all off, he got away scott free when he threw a punch during the incident where Connolly got his black/red card. A really great footballer but it is him, and most definitely NOT Keegan, that the focus needs to be on.

Anyway, enough of this for me, we have Tipperary to beat.

PS .... Whitey .... on your question of who saw the incident at the start of the second half.... 'yes' as described. I don't think Canavaghs was trying to get any reaction out of Keegan to be honest. It was, i would say, more a case of Cavanagh being syc'd up after half time speech and trying to tell Keegan who was boss

You're the one with the fabricated version of events.

Much like how Aidan O'Shea claims he didn't dive against Fermanagh.

vallankumous

Quote from: whitey on August 09, 2016, 03:10:21 PM

Did Cavanagh shoulder Keegan in the back as the teams made their way onto the pitch at the start of the second half?  Yes or no

No

whitey

Quote from: vallankumous on August 09, 2016, 03:12:28 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 09, 2016, 03:10:21 PM

Did Cavanagh shoulder Keegan in the back as the teams made their way onto the pitch at the start of the second half?  Yes or no

No

Fair enough....4 other people (on various forums who claimed to be at the match) stated that he did

T Fearon

Oh Mickey
What a pity
You don't understand
You'll never win another Sam
With the red hands!

WT4E

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 09, 2016, 03:01:43 PM
Cavanagh was poor anyway.

Correct weak management by Mickey - He was on a yellow playing shite so should have been off before he got a red card.

LeoMc

Quote from: highorlow on August 09, 2016, 02:52:48 PM
I think Mickey and poor Seanie are missing the point. Regardless of what Lee and himself were doing at any stage it was the 2nd offence that got him sent off.

If Lee done the same thing, i.e. a high tackle for a 2nd yellow and we lost the game our players and management wouldn't be on the papers a full 3 days later whinging about it.

Time for Tyrone to move on, the result ain't going to change.

+1

blast05

I'm almost 20 years posting on this board and earlier versions. First time i've been accused of telling lies.
So, at least tell me what you saw

BennyHarp

Quote from: blast05 on August 09, 2016, 03:44:49 PM

I'm almost 20 years posting on this board and earlier versions. First time i've been accused of telling lies.
So, at least tell me what you saw

Sorry, I missed your version Blast. So Sean came running out of the dressing room, onto the pitch and shouldered Lee Keegan in the back? Lee was just minding his own business at the time but in the same instance turned around and dragged Cavanagh to the ground? Is that the version you saw?
That was never a square ball!!

tonto1888

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2016, 08:21:10 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 09, 2016, 08:13:06 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2016, 07:43:23 AM
Quote from: Throw ball on August 09, 2016, 12:46:46 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 08, 2016, 11:53:39 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 08, 2016, 11:38:38 PM
Forget it Bomber, you'll never understand.

I guess I won't.

Punching an unsuspecting victim is not manly, it is anything but honest. But loads of people tend to hark back to the days when they could get away with this.

The goalposts have changed, violence was the underhand action to get a player off his game, now with video evidence it has turned to provocation.

The hierarchy of gamesmanship makes me laugh.

One particular incident that showed this up was Brolly's meltdown over Sean Cavanagh in 2013. In the match which followed that game, Michael Shields deliberately handled the ball on the goal line to prevent a Dublin goal, the difference was Shields definitely stopped a goal being scored by deliberately breaking a rule. Dublin got no score out of said incident, in contrast to that of Cavanagh, we don't know for sure McManus would have scored, they got a free, Cavanagh got a yellow and Monaghan got a point. The Shields incident wasn't even really discussed bar from saying it was a penalty. What was worse with what Cavanagh did?

There are certain things which for some bizarre reason are treated with much greater contempt despite the fact that the act being carried out is for the same impact with the same cynical intent.

Funny thing about the Brolly meltdown is that the tackle made by Cavanagh on McManus was one that many, many players would have done. For me the time he grabbed Darren Hughes Arm and pulled him to the ground only for Hughes to get booked was far worse in my opinion as it is something you have to practice to perfect.

I agree and Cavanagh is a big culprit in holding the arm in when being tackled. However a lot of the time I think it's to do with bringing a foul to the attention of the ref. For instance on Saturday where he got the free given against him for it, he was definitely fouled by Keegan moments before so decided when the hand went in next time he would get his free.

Are you actually serious? Cavanagh is at that all he time and I was glad to see the ref give the free against him for it on Saturday

Maybe your comprehension skills are poor but I've actually agreed that Cavanagh does it a lot in the very first few words in my previous post. He has had to grow wise to winning frees throughout his career as he takes an awful lot of illegal interference when he carries the ball. He should have had a free before he locked Keegan's arm in on Saturday.

My comprehension skills are fine. Are yours? A lot of he time it's to draw attention to fouls? Really? He's trying to win a free by unfair means. That's it. None of this bringing fouls to the refs attention

criostlinn

Quote from: blast05 on August 09, 2016, 03:07:40 PM
Pulling, dragging, checking runs, wrestling Cavanagh to the ground. None of those are in the rules and Keegan has a long history of this.

The problem here is it is imaginary stuff made up to suit an agenda.
Even the incident that the linesman saw in the first half is in your mind Keegans fault. All that happened was the 2 of them were shoving one another after the ball had gone from their vicinity. However, one of Cavanaghs shoves was strong enough to land Keegan on his arse (fair enough) but Keegan caught Cavanaghs leg rather than falling and then wouldn't let it go. Again, all handbags-at-dawn but you have concluded that Keegan was the devious, sinister one.
Having watched Keegan closely for years, the only time he reverted to the devious arts was v Kerry draw in '14 when he stupidly kicked and got sent off (having been provoked)... fair enough.
Even the Connolly incident last year where he put his hand back in Connollys direction twice is hardly in the devious arts territory.

Anyway, the more we talk about Keegan and Cavanagh the more we are following Dublins narrative of 'poor Dermo, more sinned against then sinner.'
What do i mean ?? Dublin want the Keegan/Cavanagh debate to sew the seed in the publics mind and the referees  body that Keegan is a master of the devious arts and the good players like Connolly need protection.
Alan Brogan is at it on Twitter, Jim Gavin is at it, back page of the Herald has it today about Dublin fearing the unfair attention Dermo' will get v Kerry..... and of course the whinging from Mickey H and Cavanagh have focused heavily, albeit indirectly, on Keegan
It is sickening BS. I would have sympathy for Connolly if he didn't consistently react like a thug when the opposing player doesn't geneflect in front of him.
The irony of it is that the true master of the black arts, the most devious & cunning of them all - Philly McMahon - isn't even getting mentioned. In my 'spaced-out' state after the Mayo/Tyrone game, i focused a lot on Murphy/Philly in the Donegal/Dublin game. INCREDIBLE is the only word to describe the patience the Murhpy showed not to wallop McMahon. He must have come close to single-handidly done more verbal sledging to Murphy than the entire Tyrone team done in the season (sorry, thats insulting to Tyrone). To cap it all off, he got away scott free when he threw a punch during the incident where Connolly got his black/red card. A really great footballer but it is him, and most definitely NOT Keegan, that the focus needs to be on.

Anyway, enough of this for me, we have Tipperary to beat.

PS .... Whitey .... on your question of who saw the incident at the start of the second half.... 'yes' as described. I don't think Canavaghs was trying to get any reaction out of Keegan to be honest. It was, i would say, more a case of Cavanagh being syc'd up after half time speech and trying to tell Keegan who was boss

blast5. You have it spot on here.

Dermot Connolly dragged McHugh to the ground, the second time in 2 games he's done this. He received his second yellow for tackling a lad around the neck. Last year he thumped Lee Keegan numerous times into the face. But its all poor Dermo. H'e not allowed display his wonderful array of skills without someone hassling him.

I read comments today from Liam Kerins in which he said he didn't think Mayo would use these tactics against Tipperary. When reading them I was wondering what kind of an idiotic question was he asked when he had to answer it like this.

The incident with Keegan and Kavanagh on Saturday wouldn't  even be an issue now only for Mickey Harte's stupid comments afterwards. And the one thing he said that stands out is he didn't even see the incident. I was giving Mickey Harte the benefit of the doubt as I could only presume that some idiot journalist caught him of guard when emotions were high but to hear Kavanagh at it a couple of days later, you'd have to wonder

redhandefender

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 09, 2016, 02:35:35 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on August 09, 2016, 02:09:23 PM
Games over, Harte should not have said that, it happens everywhere up and down the country! He probably said it in the heat of the moment. Cavanagh wasn't complaining he was answering questions put to him.

I love the fact everyone is laying the boot in today, especially from lesser counties like Meath, Down, Armagh, Monaghan and whoever else. Jealously is a wonderful thing and Tyrone will nail this to the wall for next year. People shouldn't be worried about this tyrone team but we are making big plans for 5b to 10 years down the line, the current set up is a bonus so we are going nowhere.

As for Oisin Mc Conville he is one to talk about moaning, he wrote a full book on it to feed his ego. Only thing worse to reading it again would be to listen to a version read by the man himself in that accent.

Wise up you buffoon!! As if you have any inkling of how good Tyrone will be in 5/10 years time!

Ha I can tell you where Derry will be anyway, still on the scrap heap! Its easy to have an inkling, understand the coaching set up and the youth coming through and work being done behind the scenes. Don't be jealous now its a shame we won't get to hammer your lot a few more times this year!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: redhandefender on August 09, 2016, 04:34:32 PM
Games over, Harte should not have said that, it happens everywhere up and down the country! He probably said it in the heat of the moment. Cavanagh wasn't complaining he was answering questions put to him.

I love the fact everyone is laying the boot in today, especially from lesser counties like Meath, Down, Armagh, Monaghan and whoever else. Jealously is a wonderful thing and Tyrone will nail this to the wall for next year. People shouldn't be worried about this tyrone team but we are making big plans for 5b to 10 years down the line, the current set up is a bonus so we are going nowhere.

As for Oisin Mc Conville he is one to talk about moaning, he wrote a full book on it to feed his ego. Only thing worse to reading it again would be to listen to a version read by the man himself in that accent.

Wise up you buffoon!! As if you have any inkling of how good Tyrone will be in 5/10 years time!

Ha I can tell you where Derry will be anyway, still on the scrap heap! Its easy to have an inkling, understand the coaching set up and the youth coming through and work being done behind the scenes. Don't be jealous now its a shame we won't get to hammer your lot a few more times this year!

Coaching set up/structures?? What underage success have yous had to imply this?? A few counties in Ulster appear to have a better set up than Tyrone at U15-minor.

larryin89

Are tyrone sick in the head? Do they take sledging to a different level?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

BennyHarp

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 09, 2016, 04:40:06 PM

Coaching set up/structures?? What underage success have yous had to imply this?? A few counties in Ulster appear to have a better set up than Tyrone at U15-minor.

Wait to you see next years minor team, Walter. 😜 By the way, you do know Tyrone have won 3 all Ireland minor titles since Derry won their last one....a bit like senior level I suppose!
That was never a square ball!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 09, 2016, 07:22:15 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 09, 2016, 04:40:06 PM

Wait to you see next years minor team, Walter. 😜 By the way, you do know Tyrone have won 3 all Ireland minor titles since Derry won their last one....a bit like senior level I suppose!

Haha I do admire you lads. If yous put half the effort into your clubs as you do your county yous might go places.