Premier League 2016/17

Started by Boycey, July 13, 2016, 01:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2017, 07:17:45 AM
Quote from: The Stallion on January 05, 2017, 06:54:11 AM
You seem to put a lot of stock in these awards. I prefer to make my own mind up.

It's generally given by ex professional footballers with years of experience who would have a professional view on it.... not internet warriors

Lol at professional view. Do you really think the likes of Crooks, Shearer, Keown and Redknapp know more about football than you?

Actually, from reading your posts they may well do. Never mind.

mrdeeds

Jermaine Jenas gave him MOTM who probably is one of the better pundits. Talking of pundits anyone see Merson's suggestion that West Ham should sell Payet for 30 million and buy Martial for 20 million.

imtommygunn

Jenas is a good pundit - seems like a clever guy. he doesn't appear to have any time at all for robbie Savage and constantly tears strips of him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Stallion on January 05, 2017, 10:40:50 AM
You seem to put a lot of stock in these awards. I prefer to make my own mind up.

It's generally given by ex professional footballers with years of experience who would have a professional view on it.... not internet warriors

Lol at professional view. Do you really think the likes of Crooks, Shearer, Keown and Redknapp know more about football than you?

Playing  5 a sides and watching it on telly is one thing, all the above players you mentioned have a better footballing brain than anyone on this board, and beyond... whether you think they are right is your (or anyone else) opinion... your views on Klopp is enough for me to know you are full of sh1t with footballing matters...

As far as i know no one on here gets paid on punditry for the main channels, that's mainly due to the fact that they have limited knowledge or experience that would justify that job, reading a book/blog/magazine on football is one thing, playing at the very top is another... of course pundits are no mugs and they can generate a bit of controversy to keep people talking about them, it keeps them in a job, Dunphy has been doing it for years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dinny Breen

I think this is genuinely Liverpool's year

1. Liverpool
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea
4. Man City
5. Spurs
6. Man United.
7. Everton.

Wenger will retire with Julian Nagelsmann taking over on a 20 year contract. Mourhino will be sacked and take over Bayern Munich with Zinedine Zidane replacing him with shirt sales of Zidane 10 going through the roof.
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 05, 2017, 12:09:56 PM
I think this is genuinely Liverpool's year

1. Liverpool
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea
4. Man City
5. Spurs
6. Man United.
7. Everton.

Wenger will retire with Julian Nagelsmann taking over on a 20 year contract. Mourhino will be sacked and take over Bayern Munich with Zinedine Zidane replacing him with shirt sales of Zidane 10 going through the roof.

It will be more like

1. Chelsea
2. Man Utd
3 Man City
4 Arsenal
5 Spurs
6 Liverpool

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2017, 11:57:09 AM

Playing  5 a sides and watching it on telly is one thing, all the above players you mentioned have a better footballing brain than anyone on this board, and beyond... whether you think they are right is your (or anyone else) opinion... your views on Klopp is enough for me to know you are full of sh1t with footballing matters...

As far as i know no one on here gets paid on punditry for the main channels, that's mainly due to the fact that they have limited knowledge or experience that would justify that job, reading a book/blog/magazine on football is one thing, playing at the very top is another... of course pundits are no mugs and they can generate a bit of controversy to keep people talking about them, it keeps them in a job, Dunphy has been doing it for years
MR when it comes to GAA the board is more informative than the punters. Why not the same for soccer?

The Stallion

If you think those pundits have a better understanding of football than you, you mustn't know too much about football. Most punditry consists of little more than jingoistic clichés, with a tendency to massively overrate English players while deriding all things foreign at any opportunity.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 05, 2017, 12:30:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2017, 11:57:09 AM

MR when it comes to GAA the board is more informative than the punters. Why not the same for soccer?

Ok, you know more than the guys you mentioned.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Sure just criticise everyone and you can't go far wrong eh...

trueblue1234

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 05, 2017, 01:31:39 PM
Sure just criticise everyone and you can't go far wrong eh...

That's a terrible post.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

magpie seanie

In fairness, most of the pundits on English TV stations are not there for their knowledge. There are a few exceptions but not many.

Maroon Manc

Paul Merson makes a substantial wage masquerading as a pundit and has done for several years. He's there because he's entertaining not because he's knowledgeable.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 06, 2017, 02:21:15 PM
Paul Merson makes a substantial wage masquerading as a pundit and has done for several years. He's there because he's entertaining not because he's knowledgeable.

He's a thundering dolt.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 06, 2017, 02:23:31 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 06, 2017, 02:21:15 PM

He's a thundering dolt.

Complete clown.