Mayo v Fermanagh, Saturday July 09, 2016 McHale Park

Started by From the Bunker, June 19, 2016, 09:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 09, 2016, 08:29:33 PM
Some level of cynism on show for the last ten mins to slow down Fermanagh. This is not a childish 'if this was Tyrone...' post, btw. Just calling it as I see it.

Fermanagh had their own level of slowing things down etc. And I have to say I admired their attempts at frustrating us by doing this. The game is a game ruled by the Referee. If he is strong enough, he'll cope. If not he'll be walked over by the experienced team.

highorlow

I hope we meet Tyrone along the way. Love to beat them boys at their own game.

Obviously the Brexit is having a bad effect on their minds with the scurrilous post on here.

We were long overdue a decision in our favour, every team gets one at some stage and some teams more than others. Maybe it's because Tyrone come across as absolute whingers they get nathin!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

blast05

Very disappointed .... with all the Mayo supporters on here for not telling everyone that is in anyway criticising Aidan to fcuk right off for themselves.
Every game he plays .....EVERY game .... referees fail to give him free after free after free. Yes, he carries the ball into contact all the time (and thus gets a much greater degree of unfair treatment than even Michael Murphy for example) and that is a weakness in his game, but that does not entitle every opposing team to foul him every single time without punishment. FFS, we would have sealed the deal in an All-Ireland or 2 if referees called even half the fouls on him.

Sure, it was a soft penalty. He felt a very light hand on his back and no doubt thought 'f**k this, i'm not waiting to be manhandled yet again and get no free so i'll make it clear to the ref.' So, while he continues  to fail to get the decisions he is due then i have no issue with him doing what he is doing to get some degree of fair play. Even today, the amount of frees he didn't get were not offset by the penalty.

And why should Aidan or this entire Mayo team have to apologize for making the most of a hand on his back and manufacturing a penalty. To a man, not one of them whinged about Cormac Reilly v Kerry in Limerick. 'Winning of the game was in our own hands' ... 'swings and roundabouts' .... 'improve' was all you heard. Fermanagh should do the same after today ..... forget about the penalty, if you were better conditioned and kicked a few more scores in the 2nd half you would have won so focus on the mirror in front of you and don't whinge. Just don't f**king whinge

And quite frankly if anyone thinks i'm being a twat .... fantastic, cos you can go fcuk yourselves (and do it twice if you're not from Mayo or Fermanagh)

Circle the wagons, drive on to next week, UP MAYO.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: muppet on July 09, 2016, 06:43:46 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on July 09, 2016, 06:39:59 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 09, 2016, 06:33:04 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 09, 2016, 06:29:29 PM
And still no mention of Cillians clear cut penalty.

Actually didn't think that was a penalty myself. One of those debatable ones. Definitely wouldn't say clear cut anyway.

Cillians not clear cut but the dive was. I suspect Mayo supporters will rue this when they get to Croke Park they may hope Joe and O'Rourke arn't asked to comment on it.

I'd say Mayo supporters won't sleep a wink for the rest of the summer worrying about what Joe Brolly has to say about things.

Wont worry much about Joe but should worry about the clamour he makes and the effect he seems to have on ref's

dublin7

Mayo management complained about treatment of O Shea at full forward. Can't complain anymore. That dive today was a fuc*in disgrace. Better team lost.

Itchy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 09, 2016, 09:14:36 PM
Referee Mc Quillan had another one of his Tour de Farce performances today again, shocking -- A O'Shea should have been long gone by the time he did is dying swan act.

Do you not think its hard for refs when players are diving around? O Shea cheated the ref and was rewarded with a critical score. If the GAA is serious about ridding the game of this they should do retrospective 2 week bans for diving and feigning injury. The alternative is to allow it to grow more and more into the game and people like a poster earlier will justify it as OK because of this and that - like Aidan gets fouled so he should be allowed cheat. That is the future just like it's already happened in soccer.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Itchy on July 09, 2016, 10:24:11 PM
Referee Mc Quillan had another one of his Tour de Farce performances today again, shocking -- A O'Shea should have been long gone by the time he did is dying swan act.

Do you not think its hard for refs when players are diving around? O Shea cheated the ref and was rewarded with a critical score. If the GAA is serious about ridding the game of this they should do retrospective 2 week bans for diving and feigning injury. The alternative is to allow it to grow more and more into the game and people like a poster earlier will justify it as OK because of this and that - like Aidan gets fouled so he should be allowed cheat. That is the future just like it's already happened in soccer.

My point was that if the referee had been doing his job O'Shea would have walked for a second yellow (or black, even) shortly after the resumption of play. Aside from that, he was erratic in his application of the rules throughout.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

muppet

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 09, 2016, 10:26:58 PM

My point was that if the referee had been doing his job O'Shea would have walked for a second yellow (or black, even) shortly after the resumption of play. Aside from that, he was erratic in his application of the rules throughout.

He gave frees all day for hand on the back, sometimes ridiculously so. If he had indicated that offence for the penalty he mightn't look as daft now.
MWWSI 2017

Esmarelda

I actually think the umpire told McQuillan about the "jersey pull" as you could see him indicating it to one of the players. McQuillan has to go on what he's told as the umpire was much better positioned.

I thought McQuillan did ok.

trueblue1234

Quote from: highorlow on July 09, 2016, 09:44:55 PM

Obviously the Brexit is having a bad effect on their minds with the scurrilous post on here.

We were long overdue a decision in our favour, every team gets one at some stage and some teams more than others. Maybe it's because Tyrone come across as absolute whingers they get nathin!

High horses in Mayo have bolted. Not nice when your on the receiving end of the abuse for cheating. Count your blessings you had tweedle dum and tweedle Dee analysing it.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rois

Interesting...your team wins and that's what you come up with, Brexit is a very mature argument, what specifically do you mean by that? The game is televised and you have to live with the criticism.

Wildweasel74

Ah the fouled all the time line, so he deserves a penalty defense, didn't see that one coming lol,
its laughable how some supporters cant bring themselves to criticise their own players when they done wrong (in short cheating)
gaelic getting more and more like soccer all the time.

Mayo havent the forwards to win an all-ireland and will likely not see football any further than the quarters depending on who they meet

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 09, 2016, 10:32:21 PM

High horses in Mayo have bolted. Not nice when your on the receiving end of the abuse for cheating. Count your blessings you had tweedle dum and tweedle Dee analysing it.

The time honoured Mayo tradition of trying to intimidate the referee into giving them was certainly in vogue today. It's one of the reasons why they have won nothing, always expecting the helping hand rather than digging in and getting on with it. Booing the referee won't win a Mayo an All Ireland.

dublin7

Today summed up why Mayo will never win an all ireland. Forwards were were shocking and only for Aidan O'Shea's dive they would be out tonight.

If Tyrone carried on the way Mayo did today they would be crucified and I'd be one of the first to do it. Shameful dive, and Dessie Dolan should be sacked for trying to defend the dive!!!!

I believe in karma and what goes around comes around. This Mayo team has no leaders, no bottle, no integrity and won't win all-ireland