Mayo v Fermanagh, Saturday July 09, 2016 McHale Park

Started by From the Bunker, June 19, 2016, 09:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 06:35:24 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on July 09, 2016, 06:28:23 PM
Mayo lads will hardly be complaining about O'Shea not getting frees after this?!

Underestimate them at your peril.

now now, be nice. At least you have a summer free from football stress.

Maroon Manc

AOS done himself no favours going forward, he dived 4 times today, only on the last occasion was a free given against him; He'll do well to get much from any ref for the rest of the championship. Mayo would likely have won irrespective of getting the pen too. I didn't think that was a pen on COC but would need to see it again. Is he still Dublin Joe?

I thought that even a poor performance than the last day, good job Mayo won a huge majority of the kickouts otherwise they'd have been in huge trouble. Agree with Muppet, Mayo look a bit devoid of ideas going forward; They had a lot of possession in Fermanagh's half especially in the first half whilst struggling to create scoring opportunities whilst every time Fermanagh went down the other end they scored.

Mayo deserved to win but I've seen nothing from them this year to suggest their All Ireland contenders.

Il Bomber Destro

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 09, 2016, 07:05:12 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 09, 2016, 06:29:29 PM
And still no mention of Cillians clear cut penalty.

That was another dive.
In fairness to Cillian O Connor at least he tried to make a dive looked like a foul.

J70

Quote from: larryin89 on July 09, 2016, 06:29:29 PM
And still no mention of Cillians clear cut penalty.

Never a penalty.

He did his best to make it one, in fairness.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Well we (Mayo) are still in it. Two home games in a row and two dodgy performances. Today was an improvement. I was disappointed with Regan being subbed when the game was opening up. Andy, I think decided there was a lot of me in team. The difference in Andy and Alans contribution was a case on which to measure both players value to the team.

We are through to the next round, that is commendable. But we are a mess at every line. Maybe that is an exaggeration, more we are unsettled at every line.

Our Subs that came on to bring us home were old Skool, Barry, Dillon, Andy - Does not augur well for the future! But I suppose you have to deal with the here and now - now!

Not to sound condescending, Fermanagh fought really hard, won a lot of dirty ball and scored some really good points from play. If they had won the toss and played against the wind first - we would have been in more trouble. I have found their fans in triumph and defeat decent people to mingle with after a game.

Man of the Match - Diarmiud.

More later.....

FermGael

The penalty is completely a non matter if mcquillan would had done his job properly. O Shea should have received a black card 10 minutes into the second half and been sent off. That was the biggest mistake of the game. It was a blatant pull down.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

trueblue1234

Quote from: muppet on July 09, 2016, 05:54:43 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on July 09, 2016, 05:49:04 PM
So was it a dive then?

I think so.

Unless another angle shows a trip or something but there is very little contact from what I can see. However the full-back does a Ricey afterwards and falls on the player on the ground. That is not smart with McQuillan.

FFS he tripped on AOS's legs after he had did his Star fish impression. Disappointing to see this sort of cheating changing a game.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

omagh_gael

Some level of cynism on show for the last ten mins to slow down Fermanagh. This is not a childish 'if this was Tyrone...' post, btw. Just calling it as I see it.

Tubberman

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 09, 2016, 08:29:33 PM
Some level of cynism on show for the last ten mins to slow down Fermanagh. This is not a childish 'if this was Tyrone...' post, btw. Just calling it as I see it.

Ah ffs, that's seen in every club and county game. Any team not doing it is lambasted for being naive.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

longballin

Quote from: Tubberman on July 09, 2016, 08:38:14 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 09, 2016, 08:29:33 PM

Ah ffs, that's seen in every club and county game. Any team not doing it is lambasted for being naive.

maybe in Mayo...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Referee Mc Quillan had another one of his Tour de Farce performances today again, shocking -- A O'Shea should have been long gone by the time he did is dying swan act.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...