Laois v Armagh

Started by illdecide, June 07, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 27, 2016, 09:54:58 AM

Idiocy must be contactable through vicinity

Big man. Big contribution. Legend. The kids must be proud

smelmoth

Whatever the expectations of the individual fans I would expect a large and vocal armagh support at this one.

As much as  we can accept that they beat us fair and square the last day in footballing terms the fact is nobody came out thinking Laois were top drawer or even close to it or unbeatable.

A bit of tactical nouse and a slightly different balance in the selection and we can (and should) win this one and rock on to Clare. We have other problems that it will take a winter to fix but our season isn't over yet and doesn't need to be on Saturday

Unlaoised

Looking forward to having the Armagh lads down again in Portlaoise we had great craic with the few that were down the last day.

Peigs,Maggie Mays, Kavanaghs, and Bergins are all good GAA pubs in the Town.

O'Loughlins Hotel is a nice cheap small hotel to stay in with decent grub.

I can see this being a tight game with Armagh learning a lot from the previous game.

However I think Laois will be more efficent in front of goals than they were the last day and that will be enough to beat Armagh

Prediction
Laois 2-14 Armagh 0-15 points
LAOIS ABÚ

StGallsGAA

Armagh to win, but be the real losers in the end.

illdecide

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 28, 2016, 11:27:19 PM

Fielding a team will be the problem...2 Clann Eireann minors brought into squad i believe...(thats what i was told this morning anyway)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Quote from: illdecide on June 29, 2016, 09:06:03 AM

Fielding a team will be the problem...2 Clann Eireann minors brought into squad i believe...(thats what i was told this morning anyway)

Chances of Laois buying this little ruse? 0%
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

jp2020

Quote from: Orior on June 29, 2016, 10:07:54 AM
Quote from: illdecide on June 29, 2016, 09:06:03 AM

Chances of Laois buying this little ruse? 0%

Heard today they have pulled a few recent retirees and 4/5 minors due to injuries! That's eithor desperation or giving up on this year and looking to next year?!?!??

ardchieftain

These lads were called in to help out with training games.

The Armagh team almost picks itself due to the lengthy injury list.

No wides

Sooner this is over and Armagh are out the better, embarrassing stuff altogether.

Unlaoised

Armagh ain't pulling the wool over an Laois eye as Laois have a person very close to the Armagh camp I know him well and he says Armagh are putting in a massive effort for this and training has gone well since last Thursday.

Yes they have a few injuries but a county with the Quality of player that Armagh will mean it would be a tough test for anyone ...

I'm sorry that McKeever is injured he was the real weak point in the Armagh defence the last day and with all due respect to the old warrior his days at intercounty were numbered and he couldn't stay with Paul Cahilanne two weeks ago thus dropping back in to play a sweepers role in front of Kingston which he also failed at.

Can't understand why O'Loughlin is allowed play if this is a re fixture makes no sense I hope Laois leave him on the bench because as effective and powerful as he is the lads played better when they went down to 14 against Dublin and better without him the last day.

Its not that he isn't a class footballer its a case of where to play him Meaney and Quigley are as good a pairing as you'd get in the country and play well with each other.

O'Loughlin is too loose in the backs and takes a bit much out of it at centre forward ...Maybe throw him in Full forward at 6-3 it would allow the giant that is Donie Kingston a corner spot and cause Armagh real problems with a high ball.

Ticket prices are a joke £8 or €10 and fr u16s €5 or £5 ...It should be €5 for all and kids free......GAA are a joke!
LAOIS ABÚ

Orior

Prediction:

Half time: Laois 0-8 Armagh 0-6

Full time: Laois 0-12 Armagh 0-12

Extra time: Laois 1-14 Armagh 0-17

Both teams happy to be still playing mid July.

Throw ball

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 30, 2016, 04:54:35 PM
Armagh ain't pulling the wool over an Laois eye as Laois have a person very close to the Armagh camp I know him well and he says Armagh are putting in a massive effort for this and training has gone well since last Thursday.

Yes they have a few injuries but a county with the Quality of player that Armagh will mean it would be a tough test for anyone ...

I'm sorry that McKeever is injured he was the real weak point in the Armagh defence the last day and with all due respect to the old warrior his days at intercounty were numbered and he couldn't stay with Paul Cahilanne two weeks ago thus dropping back in to play a sweepers role in front of Kingston which he also failed at.

Can't understand why O'Loughlin is allowed play if this is a re fixture makes no sense I hope Laois leave him on the bench because as effective and powerful as he is the lads played better when they went down to 14 against Dublin and better without him the last day.

Its not that he isn't a class footballer its a case of where to play him Meaney and Quigley are as good a pairing as you'd get in the country and play well with each other.

O'Loughlin is too loose in the backs and takes a bit much out of it at centre forward ...Maybe throw him in Full forward at 6-3 it would allow the giant that is Donie Kingston a corner spot and cause Armagh real problems with a high ball.

Ticket prices are a joke £8 or €10 and fr u16s €5 or £5 ...It should be €5 for all and kids free......GAA are a joke!

Agree 100% on ticket prices especially kids.

Don't think Armagh are trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. We are a couple of players down on the last day and Laois are a player up. Common sense would say Laois should win. But then again when did sport ever make sense.

smelmoth

Only 2 changes in the named team. To be honest at this stage I think Connell is a better player than McKeever so I don't see that as a weakening. Don't know enough about Sheridan happy to see him at half back rather than midfield.

4 half forwards, a midfielder and genuine full forward named in the forward line looks like we might not have learned the lessons from the last day. Hopefully Soupy doesn't have to come wandering leaving us with no scoring threat. Sort that and get the ball to the half forward line sorted and the game is very, very winnable

Orior

1 Patrick Morrison (Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha)
2 Shea Heffron (Clann Éireann)
3 Brendan Donaghy (An Chluain Mhór)
4 Joe McElroy (Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha)
5 Seán Connell (Coilleach Eanach)
6 Andy Mallon (Na Pairnéil)
7 Stephen Sheridan (Foirceal)
8 Charlie Vernon (Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha)
9 Aaron Findon (Naomh Peadar)
10 Tony Kernan (Raonaithe na Croise)
11 Rory Grugan (Baile Mhic An Aba)
12 Aidan Forker (Machaire)
13 Niall Grimley (Na Madáin)
14 Stefan Campbell (Clann na nGael)
15 Miceal McKenna (An Ghráinseach)

Beffs

What time is this on at? Work is taking me to Portlaoise at the weekend. May toddle along to it.