Mayo v Galway, 18/06/16, McHale Park

Started by Duine Eile, May 29, 2016, 10:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: giveballaghback on June 18, 2016, 09:52:11 PM
Ah lads dont go blamimg Syf for Mayos demise, he is as disapointed as any of ye, what will he post about now. Still Mayo have the back door but to reach an all-ireland final now they will more than likely have to beat both Kerry and the Dubs. Good luck with that lads.
With a few matches under the belt they could take both of them. Mayo are still in it with everything to play for.

Mayoffs

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 18, 2016, 10:26:10 PM
Quote from: Mayoffs on June 18, 2016, 10:03:36 PM
If Galway start with a high tempo against the Rossies, and take their chances, they'll blow them away.
like Sligo in the first half the last day?
I think it'd annoy an awful lot of Mayo people if Roscommon end up winning the final

No it wouldn't, just rising Syfrus with the comment. Seriously though, it will be an interesting game. Pressure on Ros now to deliver a Connacht, they will hopefully have gained confidence from the second half display against Sligo. But Galway, in Salthill, will test their metal.
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

Farrandeelin

Before I start on about the game, I'm on my shitty mobile so forgive me if there are spelling mistakes.

I suppose we were beaten up a stick at midfield. Conroy and to a lesser exten but not too lesser Flynn had a field day. Our 'much vaunted' middle third came out second best for most of the game, apart from 10 minutes before halftime. Mayo started off the game by thinking what most of the fans thought, that they had to turn up to win. Galway were playing the best football and could have had an early goal. Realisation probably set in with the majority of fans then that this would be no.walk in the park for us. That continued until the.last 10 minutes of the first half when Mayo rattled off 5 points (I think) in succession. I was pleased to be two up at halftime because I felt that the lacsidasical rustiness had gone with them final firdt half flurry. Indeed, I thought we were in control of the game for the early part of the second half, we were keeping Galway at arms length. Then Conroy's goal came and it sucked the life out of the team. It gave Galway the momentum to go ahead and win the match. Mayo only managed 1 point after that.

I did mention now and again that kicking
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

dublin7

Typical Mayo performance. After about 25 min the score was 2-1. While the conditions were poor it wasn't monsoon like conditions to justify that score. Once again no leadership in the forwards, shocking wides and no obvious game plan. Players got the management sacked early on in the year claiming bad management. When will players take responsibility for their performance. Can't blame Connelly and Holmes for today and not management fault if senior inter county forward are frankly incompetent and unable to kick a point

Farrandeelin

I did mention that kicking wides could prove our downfall. Sadly I was proven correct. What in the name of Christ are they doing in training to rectify this? Our forwards were shocking tonight. Our midfield was badly beaten too. How is a team supposed to win when the front and middle of a team are malfunctioning?
I'm not going to slate individual performances as singling out individuals when our so called big guns let themselves down - to put it mildly,  wouldn't be exactly fair.
I'll finish by saying that management have a helluva lot to do to rescue the year.

Harsh, perhaps but I think it's true.

Wildweasel74

They have not got the 2 high scoring forwards they need to win the all-ireland, been saying that for 2 years, think Murphy/McBearthy, Brogan/Connolly, the bradleys, or even high scoring single threats like McManus, Jamie Clarke, or James O'Donoghue

mjg

What were they doing in London for a week

manfromdelmonte

PW Nally

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 18, 2016, 10:48:49 PM
They have not got the 2 high scoring forwards they need to win the all-ireland, been saying that for 2 years, think Murphy/McBearthy, Brogan/Connolly, the bradleys, or even high scoring single threats like McManus, Jamie Clarke, or James O'Donoghue
All going well till you mentionrd the Bradleys  ;D

Farrandeelin

I forgot to mention Jason Gibbons and his injury. I hope he recovers well and is back playing soon.

Wildweasel74

Here if the 2 bradleys had been playing for mayo past 5 years they would have won and all-Ireland, its as simple as that

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 18, 2016, 11:30:12 PM
Here if the 2 bradleys had been playing for mayo past 5 years they would have won and all-Ireland, its as simple as that
if the Bradleys had even been playing for Derry for the past 5 years they might have done something of note

Wildweasel74

Managers wouldn't pick them even though P Bradley top scorer in derry 4 seasons running

ck

Can any Galway lads tell me why Varley can't make the starting 15. Doesn't make sense

highorlow

Farr I don't know what game you were watching. Neither midfield had a meaningful contest til about the 25min.

All short kick outs by us til then that played into galways hands and allowed the
To filter back in a mass defense.

Only when long kick outs started did we start to get quick balls and scores in.

Our running game was non existent due to the waste of having our best passer of the ball as a duckin sweeper.

However bad the players were tonight the management were worse. Added to this we have no bench.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go