Mayo v Galway, 18/06/16, McHale Park

Started by Duine Eile, May 29, 2016, 10:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

James Horan, your having a laugh with your pre match comments!!

This Mayo team ship has sailed simply don't have the firepower.

maigheo

Well done Galway.Mayo just did not have it at any stage today and Galway deserving winners.Right now the dream of winning Sam seems over for this group of players

JoG2

Galway win a game with Conor Lane reffing shocker!

Galway however deserved the win. 

cicfada

Brilliant win for our lads. They're a long way from competing at the top table but that's a serious confidence boost . Mayo were poor but they had to be for Galway to win. All is not lost for Mayo but I feel sorry for those players, they could get a hammering now.

Wildweasel74

some Ref, just dont let him back up North, a walking disaster

macdanger2

Well done Galway, hope ye win the final.

Long way back to croker for us from here....

INDIANA

brilliant stuff. Proper championship football tonight.

Syferus

Quote from: cicfada on June 18, 2016, 08:43:09 PM
Brilliant win for our lads. They're a long way from competing at the top table but that's a serious confidence boost . Mayo were poor but they had to be for Galway to win. All is not lost for Mayo but I feel sorry for those players, they could get a hammering now.

They hung themselves on the cross. Being crucified shouldn't come as a shock.

T Fearon

Was the absence of Willie Joe a factor in Mayo's defeat?

joemamas

I don't like to blame ref's but he was horrible. He gave Mayo sweet f all 50/50 decisions
If you review game you could pick up ten of them.

Cone among others not up to it at this stage, he appeared to be At fault score that made it 11-8 very poor. Then 30 seconds later. Hennelly just a horrible kick out game level

Maybe the end of the road, but these guys do not owe  Mayo fans anything
More about that later
Well done Galway

Beffs

Well done Galway. I got that badly wrong. The lack of leadership in Mayo, when things aren't going well, is shocking.

skeog

great to see the underdogs confound the media critics

Jinxy

This could be the year of the Aristocrats...
If you were any use you'd be playing.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: joemamas on June 18, 2016, 08:52:07 PM
I don't like to blame ref's but he was horrible. He gave Mayo sweet f all 50/50 decisions
If you review game you could pick up ten of them.

Cone among others not up to it at this stage, he appeared to be At fault score that made it 11-8 very poor. Then 30 seconds later. Hennelly just a horrible kick out game level

Maybe the end of the road, but these guys do not owe  Mayo fans anything
More about that later
Well done Galway
Mayo failed to get their usual soft frees more like
well done Galway

Mayoffs

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 18, 2016, 08:38:20 PM
Mayo still 2 full forwards short of a team capable of winning the all-ireland on top of  a below par performance

Correct, and the footballing IQ of the O'Shea's is definitely under question after that display. Kevin Walsh will deliver an All Ireland to Galway, maybe not this year but soon and good luck to them.
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)