Tír Eoghain vs An Cabhán Ulster Semi Replay 4pm 03/07/2016 @Clones

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, May 29, 2016, 05:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: T Fearon on July 03, 2016, 06:41:21 PM
Tyrone have no chance against Donegal.They ship far too many scores and will get no change from Donegal's mean defence

Wouldn't read too much into the closing 15 minutes or so when Colm Cavanagh was off and the game was long over as a contest and very open. That said, you would think Mickey Harte won't be too happy with the scores conceded in that period.

It was a very good performance from Tyrone and typically of a MH team, they did seem to have learned from the first game. The two quick goals in the first half killed Cavan, who had been playing well until that point.

Donegal is a real step up and a real test for Tyrone.

Zulu

Quote from: Hound on July 03, 2016, 08:01:33 PM
As a Dublin fan, I think there are 4 teams capable of beating us. Donegal, Mayo, Kerry and Tyrone.

Probably in that order, with Tyrone most lkely.

I think you're being incredibly optimistic Hound! I can't see any of them beat Dublin but they can all put it up to you.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Zulu on July 03, 2016, 08:10:50 PM
As a Dublin fan, I think there are 4 teams capable of beating us. Donegal, Mayo, Kerry and Tyrone.

I think you're being incredibly optimistic Hound! I can't see any of them beat Dublin but they can all put it up to you.

Agreed, Mayo losing to Galway - Donegal drawing with Monaghan - Tyrone Drawing with Cavan - means only Kerry are a serious option! The rest are struggling against decent but not great teams!

T Fearon

Tyrone conceded 5 goals in two games against Cavan.They would not be in the Ulster Final had they met either Donegal and Monaghan.The 2016 Ulster Final was played in Cavan last night.Tyrone have no chance of beating Donegal.

Fuzzman

I think Colm Cavanagh is such an important player for Tyrone now and whilst the game was over after the third goal if not at half time we look so much loose when he's not back organising the defence.
Justy also played well but I don't think we learned too much from today unlike from the last day.
We seem to be able to create a lot of goal chances but you would suspect Donegal will be a lot tighter.

I think Sean played a lot better today further out the pitch and he lays the ball off much quicker now than he used to.
Mickey has his work cut out picking a starting 15 as McNabb, Justy, Petey, Sludden and McShane all had fine games today.

You would expect a very different type of game the next day but hopefully we can lift it another level and not feel Donegal are our bogie team.

Itchy

Congrats to Tyrone, top class performance. I would disregard the last 20 mins, game was over when Cavan tapped in a few scores. I was a doubter of this Tyrone team but now I can see they are certainly contenders and I think they will go on and beat Donegal.

As for Cavan it was very disappointing, tactically Harte won out and Hyland messed up by leaving Dunne on Sean Cavanagh. The McEnroe experiment was cruelly exposed as the man was not fit enough. No Johnston either, another mystery injury perhaps? Only Mackey, Killian Clarke and McVitty played to the necessary level. Back to the drawing board.

Cunny Funt

Tyrone division 2 winners and have reached the Ulster final
Donegal reached the division one semi final and Ulster final
Kerry reached the division one final and Munster champions

The other three maybe but on 2016 form how do you think Mayo are capable of beating Dublin?

tyroneman

Quote from: T Fearon on July 03, 2016, 08:27:25 PM
Tyrone conceded 5 goals in two games against Cavan.They would not be in the Ulster Final had they met either Donegal and Monaghan.The 2016 Ulster Final was played in Cavan last night.Tyrone have no chance of beating Donegal.

Ach sure you're prob right. Might as well tell Mickey to keep the lads at home that weekend and concentrate on the qualifiers.

Or just hand the AI to Dublin now.

How's that Armagh rebuilding project coming along btw?

skeog

a lot of ifs and maybes 17th of july two best teams will be in action

Maroon Manc

Hard to read too much into that, Cavan were appalling and will be so disappointed with the goals they conceded. It's back to the drawing board for Hyland and given they'll play for the next 4 weekends if they make the quarter final there's not much time for changing things on the training pitch.

Tyrone took full advantage today and that's all they could do, we'll know far more about them after the Ulster final.

Fuzzman

With the exception of the controversial 2005 Ulster final replay, you have to go back to 1994 for Tyrone's last defeat in the Ulster final.

Good to see Morgan scoring a few frees today. Ronan seemed badly off his game.

Could that have been the highest scoring game in Ulster?

SkillfulBill

Il Bomber Destro

Sludden has taken to intercounty football like a duck to water, one of the first names on the teamsheet for Mickey you would imagine on current form.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Itchy on July 03, 2016, 08:37:55 PM
...No Johnston either, another mystery injury perhaps? Only Mackey, Killian Clarke and McVitty played to the necessary level. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks Itchy.

Re Johnston -- talking to a few Cavan lads before the game who were aware of this, and not surprised. He did no real damage first day out against ourselves, and he doesn't have the legs for 70 minutes these days.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyHarp

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 03, 2016, 10:11:37 PM
Sludden has taken to intercounty football like a duck to water, one of the first names on the teamsheet for Mickey you would imagine on current form.

Agreed, thought he was superb today. Great performance by Tyrone, I'd disregard the late Cavan scores, but I doubt Mickey will. I still think Cavan have a lot to play for if their attitude is right for the qualifiers.
That was never a square ball!!