Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 14, 2016, 09:28:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2016, 08:50:46 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 14, 2016, 08:37:19 PM
We are not surprised that a Rangers fan supports NI, we are just surprised that anyone else does.

I know, its crazy people from other countries supporting clubs from other countries.... Madness

Some people aren't even sure what country they are in, and a few outright loonies even think NI is a country.

But the worst for me is people getting offended that people support teams...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2016, 09:57:34 PM
We are not surprised that a Rangers fan supports NI, we are just surprised that anyone else does.

I know, its crazy people from other countries supporting clubs from other countries.... Madness

Some people aren't even sure what country they are in, and a few outright loonies even think NI is a country.

The worst for me is people who go on forums trying to stir things up with indefensible nonsense.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: Tonto on June 14, 2016, 06:53:21 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 13, 2016, 10:29:24 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 13, 2016, 08:03:56 PM
Very nice touch by the fans singing 'Stand up for the Ulstermen' in the 24th minute in respect to the NI fan who passed away. They didn't have to do that and nobody would've batted an eyelid if they didn't so huge respect to those fans.

Obviously both sets of fans need geography lessons then.
Oh yes you gents are very clever that you know the little known (!) fact that there are 9 counties in Ulster... Well done. But I must say I'm confused a little about why it's wrong for NI fans to sing Stand Up for the Ulstermen when all of NI is in Ulster and, therefore, all the players could be considered Ulstermen?  Also the RoI fans were apparently singing UlsterMAN because of the young man that died... Have they moved Ballymena outside of Ulster?

I must say the attitude of so many posters on here is pathetic.

Whoa there, Tonto.

NI fans can sing what they like, but NI is not Ulster. It's within the province of Ulster but it's wrong to call the area consisting of the 6 counties 'Ulster'.

T Fearon

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 14, 2016, 10:34:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2016, 09:57:34 PM

The worst for me is people who go on forums trying to stir things up with indefensible nonsense.
So why do you do it so much?

Sign of insecurity to keep harping on about where you are from, everyone knows where they are from, what they believe in (according to their make up)

We cant demand or want people to accept our views while not accepting others, you get that don't you?? Otherwise you're no different to the other bigots... Just my view
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2016, 11:17:49 PM

I don't.

We cant demand or want people to accept our views while not accepting others, you get that don't you?? Otherwise you're no different to the other bigots... Just my view

Not all views are equal. Do you think that the guy who attacked the club in Florida was entitled to his view?
And you have no basis whatsoever for calling me a bigot. Name calling is the sure sign of someone who has no argument to put.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 14, 2016, 11:30:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2016, 11:17:49 PM

I don't.

Not all views are equal. Do you think that the guy who attacked the club in Florida was entitled to his view?
And you have no basis whatsoever for calling me a bigot. Name calling is the sure sign of someone who has no argument to put.

Lets keep on topic as each thing is different... You're not a bigot? a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion??

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2016, 11:41:46 PM
You're not a bigot? a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion??

As I said, you have no evidence whatsoever that I am a bigot and that you accuse me of being one says a lot about you and nothing about me.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 14, 2016, 11:44:31 PM
You're not a bigot? a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion??

As I said, you have no evidence whatsoever that I am a bigot and that you accuse me of being one says a lot about you and nothing about me.

The last part sums you up, intolerant, that's a bigot... Its simple enough, comes straight from the dictionary

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 14, 2016, 11:55:55 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 14, 2016, 11:44:31 PM

The last part sums you up, intolerant, that's a bigot... Its simple enough, comes straight from the dictionary

Intolerance of people calling you a bigot does not make you a bigot. You can debate the merits of a point of view, but a lie is just a lie.

Tonto

Quote from: BennyCake on June 14, 2016, 11:00:10 PM
Very nice touch by the fans singing 'Stand up for the Ulstermen' in the 24th minute in respect to the NI fan who passed away. They didn't have to do that and nobody would've batted an eyelid if they didn't so huge respect to those fans.

Oh yes you gents are very clever that you know the little known (!) fact that there are 9 counties in Ulster... Well done. But I must say I'm confused a little about why it's wrong for NI fans to sing Stand Up for the Ulstermen when all of NI is in Ulster and, therefore, all the players could be considered Ulstermen?  Also the RoI fans were apparently singing UlsterMAN because of the young man that died... Have they moved Ballymena outside of Ulster?

Whoa there, Tonto.

NI fans can sing what they like, but NI is not Ulster. It's within the province of Ulster but it's wrong to call the area consisting of the 6 counties 'Ulster'.
And no one was! The players ARE Ulstermen.

Applesisapples

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Tonto on June 15, 2016, 06:42:12 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 14, 2016, 11:00:10 PM

Whoa there, Tonto.

And no one was! The players ARE Ulstermen.

Correct.  Do you nordies do mathematics at all?  Benny and his gang need to remember their set theory.  Northern Ireland is a subset of Ulster.

Hence all Northern Ireland men are Ulstermen. (whether you stand up for them or not).

Benny Cake, I think you are reading a bit too much depth in supporters chants.

/Jim.

Rossfan

The term "Ulsterman" has usually been used as an exclusivist  term to imply Protestant Unionist.
You never hear it used to describe anyone from Donegal/Cavan/Monaghan or Nationalists from the 6 Cos.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on June 15, 2016, 11:33:33 AM
The term "Ulsterman" has usually been used as an exclusivist  term to imply Protestant Unionist.
You never hear it used to describe anyone from Donegal/Cavan/Monaghan or Nationalists from the 6 Cos.

But they still play in the Ulster Championship and they are from Ulster, so one would assume that if they are men and from Ulster they would in fact be Ulster men? again a lot of people getting their knickers in a twist over something that isn't a problem for logic thinking people ...

Wouldn't be uncommon for you to be named as a Connacht  man... move on, nothing to see here  ::)