Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Is the Billy Boys "party song" of yesteryear now out of favour amongst the GAWA? I'm so tired of listening to Will Grigg's on fire that I'd welcome its return.

NAG1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 13, 2016, 02:54:29 PM
Is the Billy Boys "party song" of yesteryear now out of favour amongst the GAWA? I'm so tired of listening to Will Grigg's on fire that I'd welcome its return.

You must be listening very well TB or frequenting the wrong places.

The Norn Iron supports are much to civilised now for the Billy Boys, that is until something goes wrong and they show their true colours.

It got a great rendition the day of the scottish cup final when the Hibs fans were celebrating. Not a mention of it either.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on June 13, 2016, 01:34:31 PM
No surprise seeing a Dub in the middle of it.
It's probably INDIANA.

He has All-Ireland medals for singing.

He has coached singing.

And combat singing.
MWWSI 2017

Tonto

Quote from: NAG1 on June 13, 2016, 03:05:58 PM

The Norn Iron supports are much to civilised now for the Billy Boys, that is until something goes wrong and they show their true colours.

It got a great rendition the day of the scottish cup final when the Hibs fans were celebrating. Not a mention of it either.
Aye that was a great day out when NI reached the Scottish Cup Final, you absolute melter.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Tonto on June 13, 2016, 06:01:05 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 13, 2016, 03:05:58 PM

Aye that was a great day out when NI reached the Scottish Cup Final, you absolute melter.

Just as well they weren't given it featured two teams who played entertaining, attacking football  :-X. NAG1 is wrong, however, to suggest there was no mention of the sectarian singing. It was commented upon widely in the media and elsewhere in the aftermath of the game.

I was supporting Northern Ireland yesterday. Great effort to reach the finals with a pretty limited group of players and they have certainly made an effort to sort out some of the unpleasant stuff that used to follow the team around. I'd suggest they change the anthem too.

gawa316

Very nice touch by the fans singing 'Stand up for the Ulstermen' in the 24th minute in respect to the NI fan who passed away. They didn't have to do that and nobody would've batted an eyelid if they didn't so huge respect to those fans.

Over the Bar

QuoteIs the Billy Boys "party song" of yesteryear now out of favour amongst the GAWA? I'm so tired of listening to Will Grigg's on fire that I'd welcome its return.

Are u seriously deriding the NI fans for singing a pop anthem rather than a sectarian chant?  Wise up.

BennyCake

Quote from: gawa316 on June 13, 2016, 08:03:56 PM
Very nice touch by the fans singing 'Stand up for the Ulstermen' in the 24th minute in respect to the NI fan who passed away. They didn't have to do that and nobody would've batted an eyelid if they didn't so huge respect to those fans.

Obviously both sets of fans need geography lessons then.

Rossfan

The male population if Cavan, Donegal and Monaghan will be chuffed so many people are standing up for them :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

gawa316

Seriously that's all you 2 can take from that? Have a wee dig about geography??

Tonto

Quote from: BennyCake on June 13, 2016, 10:29:24 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 13, 2016, 08:03:56 PM

Obviously both sets of fans need geography lessons then.
Oh yes you gents are very clever that you know the little known (!) fact that there are 9 counties in Ulster... Well done. But I must say I'm confused a little about why it's wrong for NI fans to sing Stand Up for the Ulstermen when all of NI is in Ulster and, therefore, all the players could be considered Ulstermen?  Also the RoI fans were apparently singing UlsterMAN because of the young man that died... Have they moved Ballymena outside of Ulster?

I must say the attitude of so many posters on here is pathetic.

seafoid

Great to see NI at the finals but it is 24 teams out of 53 ie slightly less than half. So there is quite a lot of chaff playing . How the Dutch didn't make it is a mystery. Even Albania qualified.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2016, 07:32:13 AM
Great to see NI at the finals but it is 24 teams out of 53 ie slightly less than half. So there is quite a lot of chaff playing . How the Dutch didn't make it is a mystery. Even Albania qualified.

They topped the group and didn't require the playoffs..... You are relentless.. Grade A WUM
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea