Ros v Shligo 12th June 2016.

Started by Rossfan, May 24, 2016, 08:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

I thought there was a major blow to the Rossies when these posts started appearing about players walking away.
Never good to have lads opt out, but with the Smith's and Compton on the way back that will be more of a boost that the Daly's leaving is a blow.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

There were rumours of others leaving but seems it was one disaffected clown trying to foment things.
The Smiths, Compton, Corcoran, Higgins and Carty reported to be there or thereabouts now so we might have almost a full deck for the first time this year.
Match fitness will be an issue though.
Anyway it's Sligo first and if we play to our potential we should get to our first CF in 5 years.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Kev Higgins has a lot of rust to get off. Maybe if we're good enough to have this done heading into the last quarter he could come on but getting him, Comp and Cathal Shine back to 100% is going to have a lot to do with us having a decent summer. Our three best ball-winning midfielders. Saying that, Niall Daly is a class footballer and he's more likely to be moved back to wing-back in the result of the above returning. I think James McDermott showed he was a proper workhorse player (the kind a manager loves) against Leitrim and it would be harsh to drop him after doing little wrong the last day.

Farrandeelin

Back to the bollx, I hope he's not the capped fella from Strokestown.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ZeitChrist

Roscommon will win this one. I think they probably have their eyes firmly set on a Connacht title. Don't think they'll get it this year, but perhaps in the next couple of years.

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 01, 2016, 07:21:57 PM
Back to the bollx, I hope he's not the capped fella from Strokestown.
Oh God not at all. ;D

sligoman2

Any news from the Sligo camp on this lads.

It's been very quiet on our front - any updates on possible starting team, challenge matches, lads leaving for America etc....
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

ballinaman

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 03, 2016, 01:42:07 PM

It's been very quiet on our front - any updates on possible starting team, challenge matches, lads leaving for America etc....
Cracking week in Enniscrone, Sligo looking mighty!

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on June 03, 2016, 01:50:47 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on June 03, 2016, 01:42:07 PM

Cracking week in Enniscrone, Sligo looking mighty!

Training camp in the 747 was it?

Farrandeelin

Is this the 2pm or 4pm game on the telly?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

4 I believe.
So might gout for porther Saturday night 8)

Sligoman2015

Hi all, I was looking to buy tickets for the game online on the GAA website. It said firstly that the covered stand was unreserved but when i went to buy the tickets, it gave me a section and seat number. Anyone know if the covered stand is actually reserved or unreserved?

Also, I heard from a friend that if you go to the covered stand and have kids with you (pay 5 euro), that they have to sit in a different section of the stand cause they only paid 5 euro for their ticket. Is this true?

Syferus

Quote from: Sligoman2015 on June 04, 2016, 11:12:55 AM
Hi all, I was looking to buy tickets for the game online on the GAA website. It said firstly that the covered stand was unreserved but when i went to buy the tickets, it gave me a section and seat number. Anyone know if the covered stand is actually reserved or unreserved?

Also, I heard from a friend that if you go to the covered stand and have kids with you (pay 5 euro), that they have to sit in a different section of the stand cause they only paid 5 euro for their ticket. Is this true?

There's probably a family section in the stand and you would need to be buying your tickets with the kid tickets to be together. Wouldn't know the ins and outs of it but what your friend said is a bit misleading regardless.

The covered stand isn't unreserved for championship matches usually but the uncovered stand in front and the terraces are.

Itchy

I hear Carew wouldn't let any seniors play for their clubs for 5 weeks before the match, which is against a Croke park law. But seeing as he is a McGeeney Disciple I'm sure he will get away with it. As for the game, I expect an easy Roscommon victory.

Sligoman2015

Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2016, 01:53:27 PM
I hear Carew wouldn't let any seniors play for their clubs for 5 weeks before the match, which is against a Croke park law. But seeing as he is a McGeeney Disciple I'm sure he will get away with it. As for the game, I expect an easy Roscommon victory.

No that's not right, we've a clubman on the panel who played with our club last week in the senior league.