The Official Euro 2016 Thread

Started by laoislad, May 22, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

MWWSI 2017

GJL

I see the England fans are doing what England fans do. Riot. ::)

lurganblue

Quote from: GJL on June 10, 2016, 03:02:32 PM

Provoked by those nasty frenchies though of course.

AZOffaly

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

trentoneill15

I don't know who can take international soccer seriously with the granny rule, I think it is nonsense, I could have played for USA if I was a pro footballer and I don't even like the United States as a country.

I support Italy, if players are allowed to play for foreign teams then fans should be allowed to support foreign teams. I supported France back in 2000,02, 04 and 06.

ashman

Soccer fans in the main riot .  Irish fans are not soccer fans as such . The vast majority are going for a piss up .  The vast majority of the thousands going to France never went to a League of Ireland game.

Event junkies .

muppet

Quote from: ashman on June 10, 2016, 04:49:51 PM

Soccer fans in the main riot .  Irish fans are not soccer fans as such . The vast majority are going for a piss up .  The vast majority of the thousands going to France never went to a League of Ireland game.

Event junkies .

Rioting fans = soccer fans in the main
Non-rioting fans = event junkies

MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Event junkies .

I bet the vast majority have been to Old trafford, the Emirites, Anfield, Stamford bridge?

Esmarelda

Quote from: trentoneill15 on June 10, 2016, 04:45:23 PM
I don't know who can take international soccer seriously with the granny rule, I think it is nonsense, I could have played for USA if I was a pro footballer and I don't even like the United States as a country.

I support Italy, if players are allowed to play for foreign teams then fans should be allowed to support foreign teams. I supported France back in 2000,02, 04 and 06.
I see your point and I almost agree with it but I guess there's always the odd case where the player playing under the Granny rule has always wanted to play for the relevant country. I'd say it's rare, but it probably applies.

ballinaman

Anyone going over?
Heading via London tomorrow. Back on Tuesday. 3 points and no bombs would be lovely!

armaghniac

Quote from: trentoneill15 on June 10, 2016, 04:45:23 PM

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 10, 2016, 05:03:25 PM

Event junkies .

I bet the vast majority have been to Old trafford, the Emirites, Anfield, Stamford bridge?
Saying "we are playing at home this weekend"

laoislad

Trouble brewing between Russian and English fans in Marseille at the moment apparently..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.