The Official Euro 2016 Thread

Started by laoislad, May 22, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

O'Kane put in an absolutely brilliant cross in the bit I saw. He also looked decent the last day. Ireland haven't included a 'bolter' in this squad, so it's going to be pretty predictable I think. I'd nearly have chanced O'Kane instead of McGeady.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 01, 2016, 10:59:17 AM
O'Kane put in an absolutely brilliant cross in the bit I saw. He also looked decent the last day. Ireland haven't included a 'bolter' in this squad, so it's going to be pretty predictable I think. I'd nearly have chanced O'Kane instead of McGeady.

In fairness to McGeady he is nothing if not unpredictable.  ::) ::) ::)

/Jim.

square_ball

I was just looking at the different odds there for the Euros just to have a bit of extra interest and I seen Ireland were 14/1 to be the lowest scorers in the tournament. Surely worth a few quid that?

AZOffaly

There's a good few weak teams there, but I could see us getting Nil v Italy and Belgium at least.

Orior

Quote from: AQMP on June 01, 2016, 04:11:54 PM
Anoraks Corner

The Switzerland v Albania match will feature Granit Xhaka playing for Switzerland against his brother Taulant Xhaka of Albania

Same thing happened me (my brother played for the neighbouring parish). He shouldered me out of the ground.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AZOffaly

Didn't the Boatengs play against each other when Ghana played Germany?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: square_ball on June 01, 2016, 02:55:22 PM
I was just looking at the different odds there for the Euros just to have a bit of extra interest and I seen Ireland were 14/1 to be the lowest scorers in the tournament. Surely worth a few quid that?

Check out what they've scored leading up to these finals and in the Qualifiers.... They can score , albeit the opposition wasn't as good, but they bring form and that's why its 14/1.... But you're right its worth a tenner
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: AQMP on June 01, 2016, 04:11:54 PM
Anoraks Corner

The Switzerland v Albania match will feature Granit Xhaka playing for Switzerland against his brother Taulant Xhaka of Albania
There are usually only 3 swiss names on the Swiss team. There is a big contingent of kosovars and albanians. It is the only setting in Switzerland that they get respect.

Milltown Row2

This England team is brutal!! Backed them for an interest but feck me they are shit!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DuffleKing

Didn't see the game last night - did they play vardy wide left?

lurganblue

i had the misfortune of drawing England in the sweep last night  :'(

Main Street

The last game  teams play on their way to a Finals are  a notoriously unreliable indicator of actual form and that of course also applies to the Irel V Bell game.

Canalman

Not mad keen on this new format for the finals. Call me a sentimental old fool but I much preferred the old 8 team format (or at a push the 16 one). The whole tournament from start to finish seems reluctant to actually turf teams out.

Nonsense imo about the 3d place in group qualifications.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Asal Mor

Quote from: Canalman on June 03, 2016, 11:31:18 AM
Not mad keen on this new format for the finals. Call me a sentimental old fool but I much preferred the old 8 team format (or at a push the 16 one). The whole tournament from start to finish seems reluctant to actually turf teams out.

Nonsense imo about the 3d place in group qualifications.
It will take away from the group stages, but we wouldn't be there if it was 16. If you have 24 teams, imo 8 groups of 3 would be better, with 2 coming out of each.