Dublin

Started by ashman, April 24, 2016, 05:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Kennedy

Don't be getting too uptight lads. Dublin have always had the population, decent finances and big clubs. They are just going though a great period in their history and they happen to have in their squad right now some of the best players to represent the county in their history and when we look back in years to come  indeed some of the best players to ever play the game Connolly, Brogan, Cluxton to name a few. These players won't go on forever and while they will be replaced by good good players they won't totally dominate like they do now.

lenny

Quote from: Karl Kennedy on April 24, 2016, 06:19:24 PM
Don't be getting too uptight lads. Dublin have always had the population, decent finances and big clubs. They are just going though a great period in their history and they happen to have in their squad right now some of the best players to represent the county in their history and when we look back in years to come  indeed some of the best players to ever play the game Connolly, Brogan, Cluxton to name a few. These players won't go on forever and while they will be replaced by good good players they won't totally dominate like they do now.

Totally agree. Some way over the top whinging. Dublin are still well behind Kerry in the number of all Irelands won. They have a great team at the moment but are not unbeatable. Teams like kerry, mayo, donegal could all beat them on their day.

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 24, 2016, 05:53:00 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 24, 2016, 05:36:55 PM
They won't win 2 in a row. Leinster football is the problem. Meath, Kildare, Louth and Laois have all recently visited Division 3. Offaly are familiar with Division 4. None of them bother making an effort. Yeah the Dubs are great on their day but they often slip up. They are not as ruthless as they could be.

They comfortably beat Kerry and Donegal in their last two games and you think it's a Leinster problem! You are better than that.
Leinster is a huge problem for the GAA. Dubs have 10 of the last 11. They are the best team since Throne 03 to 08 and would win stuff anyway but Leinster is abysmal.
And anyway it is only the league. I am pretty sure the Dubs won the league after their previous Sam and the board gave up and endorsed them to win 6 in a row and they were unbackable until they arsed up in August.

INDIANA

Quote from: seafoid on April 24, 2016, 07:09:58 PM
They won't win 2 in a row. Leinster football is the problem. Meath, Kildare, Louth and Laois have all recently visited Division 3. Offaly are familiar with Division 4. None of them bother making an effort. Yeah the Dubs are great on their day but they often slip up. They are not as ruthless as they could be.

They comfortably beat Kerry and Donegal in their last two games and you think it's a Leinster problem! You are better than that.
Leinster is a huge problem for the GAA. Dubs have 10 of the last 11. They are the best team since Throne 03 to 08 and would win stuff anyway but Leinster is abysmal.
And anyway it is only the league. I am pretty sure the Dubs won the league after their previous Sam and the board gave up and endorsed them to win 6 in a row and they were unbackable until they arsed up in August.

3 titles in 5 years - we will take it. If our hit rate is one every two years we can live with it. ;D

seafoid

Quote from: INDIANA on April 24, 2016, 07:32:14 PM

3 titles in 5 years - we will take it. If our hit rate is one every two years we can live with it. ;D
Dubs don't have the elixir of eternal youth either

INDIANA

Quote from: seafoid on April 24, 2016, 07:38:24 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 24, 2016, 07:32:14 PM

Dubs don't have the elixir of eternal youth either

Not sure I'd agree we are definitely the most handsome team out there.

Farrandeelin

Er, Kerry x2, Donegal x2 and Mayo all lost in the league to Dublin this year. As Hound said Mayo may be the team capable of stopping Dublin, but everything would have to stack in Mayo's favour foe that to happen. That usually doesn't happen on the big stage.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

redzone

If there's one team to topple the dubs it the red hands. We would aboulstey show them zero respect

muppet

Quote from: redzone on April 24, 2016, 07:55:38 PM
If there's one team to topple the dubs it the red hands. We would aboulstey show them zero respect

A team of Donald Trumps would show them no respect, but they might need a bit more than that.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on April 24, 2016, 07:58:02 PM

A team of Donald Trumps would show them no respect, but they might need a bit more than that.
Donald is an awful man for the hospital pass. I wouldn't play him

INDIANA

That ship sailed in 2008

redzone

Quote from: INDIANA on April 24, 2016, 08:02:35 PM

That ship sailed in 2008
New team now. By respect I mean would have no fear. Not like these other clowns on here who seem to be shitting themselves over Dublin.we would have as good as devolpment structures as there is and if not this year then soon. Dublin is lucky that they have such a good bunch of players but give it a few years and the cycle will change

bennydorano

I'd be more worried about Derry reddening your checks there horse.

INDIANA

Quote from: redzone on April 24, 2016, 08:07:56 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 24, 2016, 08:02:35 PM

That ship sailed in 2008
New team now. By respect I mean would have no fear. Not like these other clowns on here who seem to be shitting themselves over Dublin.we would have as good as devolpment structures as there is and if not this year then soon. Dublin is lucky that they have such a good bunch of players but give it a few years and the cycle will change

It will change with a few retirees. I can see the field being very even between 5/6 counties in about 3-5 years. Leinster will be still a cesspit however

general_lee

Quote from: bennydorano on April 24, 2016, 08:23:58 PM
I'd be more worried about Derry reddening your checks there horse.
This made me laugh. Sure the derry club season started there the other week and they've half the panel dropping out or clearing off to America. Tyrone will make wee boys out of them