Nicky Rackard Cup

Started by Saffron exile, May 01, 2007, 12:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimpleSimon

True, I heard it is an open draw which doesn't really make sense to me. I'd say roscommon probably wouldn't mind getting Armagh either. Though i'd like to see them stay apart for a while yet to add to the competition.

First team drawn out gets home advantage as far as I know which could put a twist in a few of the ties when made!

Red Hurley

When is the Draw as the 1/4 finals are to be played next Saturday?

SimpleSimon

Draw is Sunday or monday!

Teams in the draw are:
Roscommon
Monaghan
Donegal
Longford
Armagh
Tyrone
Louth
Warrickshire

Though I stand to be corrected! There should be some good games from that.

seeheartalk

Anyone know the outcome of the draw? Was to be made this afternoon. Here is hoping Armagh and Roscommon are kept apart as I would love to see both teams in Croker.

seeheartalk

Draw is being made in Croker between 3.30 and 4pm today.

Lone Shark

According to Hoganstand.com....

The draw for the Nicky Rackard Cup quarter finals was also made today. The quarter finals, to be played next Saturday, will see Roscommon play Monaghan, Louth play Warwickshire, Armagh against Tyrone and Donegal against Longford.

That strikes me as ridiculous. All four group winners drew their group runners up. I know you'd expect all four of them to win anyway, but even so....  ::)

SimpleSimon

Will you still be pricing these matches up loneshark? It does seem coincidental the way each group winner got the runner-up from their same group.

Spiritof98

Freaky if you ask me ;)

Armagh wern't great against Tyrone but should take them again.

Were are the games going to be played.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Lone Shark

When I see the fixtures confirmed they will be priced. You won't be getting rich off them though. I'll have to look into the Donegal/Longford one a bit more closely, but the others will all be 1/10 or shorter.

Why the wink spirit? Was this not the open draw that it was supposed to be?

SimpleSimon

Will you consider laying any handicap prices? That Donegal game will be very close I would think, little between them in the group I think. Tyrone could also upset the applecart, excuse the pun ;)

Lone Shark

Quote from: SimpleSimon on July 09, 2007, 09:09:16 PM
Will you consider laying any handicap prices? That Donegal game will be very close I would think, little between them in the group I think. Tyrone could also upset the applecart, excuse the pun ;)

Not a prayer.

I really want to price these games in order to provide as good a service as possible, but the likes of last weekend when I get absolutely hosed by half the Ards peninsula who know that Down are not going to make any effort down in Kerry, it makes it a lot harder to justify.

(Yes, I know there were injuries, but Kerry still lost to Meath by ten points the previous week. There is no way I have access to the kind of information I'd need to price games like this accurately)

slow corner back

Lone shark, every hurling fan in ulster knows kerry is a dog of a place to go to. Antrim have been beat there a few times. Ulster hurling teams generally travel the day of the match, not great preparation an 8 hour bus journey you know??

Lone Shark

Quote from: slow corner back on July 09, 2007, 09:36:02 PM
Lone shark, every hurling fan in ulster knows kerry is a dog of a place to go to. Antrim have been beat there a few times. Ulster hurling teams generally travel the day of the match, not great preparation an 8 hour bus journey you know??

Five competitive home wins between league and championship over the last three years, with Kildare probably the biggest scalp. Yeah, it's a real fortress.

I don't want anyone misinterpreting this - I am not saying that there was anything going on here. I'm certianly not implicating players or anything like that. I'm saying that the fact that Down were in bad shape, beyond the injuries, was obviously common knowledge around Ards based on the betting patterns, and in contrast to how Down went to Mullingar and gave Westmeath socks of it down there, a team ten points better than Kerry, this wasn't going to happen here.

The reason this comes up is that I have punters on this website and elsewhere complaining that I don't offer a lot of markets like this (to be fair to Simple Simon he justs asks the question and accepts the answer, and I would never want anyone to stop asking) but even so I've just lost more money on this game than I took on every other Christy Ring game so far put together, based on team info that I was not and never could be privy to. I felt it was an adequate explanation in terms of why handicap betting on Nicky Rackard games is out of the question.

SimpleSimon

To be honest I didbly think it would be justifiable for you. I did hear from someone in the know about the Down v Kerry betting though, I was told there were a number of payouts suspended pending investigation, any thruth? I found it hard to believe.

How did this money get on when I and others were being restricted to small amounts on a previous bets

Lone Shark

Quote from: SimpleSimon on July 09, 2007, 11:56:44 PM
To be honest I didbly think it would be justifiable for you. I did hear from someone in the know about the Down v Kerry betting though, I was told there were a number of payouts suspended pending investigation, any thruth? I found it hard to believe.

How did this money get on when I and others were being restricted to small amounts on a previous bets

Not with Ladbrokes anyway, all bets have been paid out. I suppose there's no chance you could tell me where that rumour came from?

As for bets getting on, well I'm hardly about to post up on a discussion board the ways that people circumvent betting systems. Sorry about that....