London v Mayo 29th May

Started by Mayo Club 51, April 05, 2016, 11:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to London v Mayo in Ruislip 29th May?

Travelling from Mayo & Have a match ticket
7 (23.3%)
Travelling from Mayo & Don't have a match ticket
11 (36.7%)
Travelling from England & Have a match ticket
4 (13.3%)
Travelling from England & Don't have a match ticket
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

exiles green n white army

Could someone pick me up a programme Ill pay the postage and cost of programme?

moysider

Quote from: muppet on May 26, 2016, 10:04:18 PM
Quote from: moysider on May 26, 2016, 09:58:51 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on May 26, 2016, 08:54:11 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 26, 2016, 08:44:05 PM
Nice team. Hard to see Doherty staying out in half forward line. Swapping with COS I reckon.

I'd have thought they'll both stay out in the hf line or deeper, 2 man ff line of Regan and COC/AOS

I'd say so. If O Connor the younger was fit Doherty would be named 15 and playing deep anyway. Cant see Doherty have any role in ff line this year. Conor will need to have come on a lot to cover the ground required by a middle third player when things get serious. But this team should get the job done on Sunday.

Breaffy have used COS very well as a wing-half forward target for long Hennelly kick-outs. Considering Mayo have two midfielders + AOS for other teams to focus on, that might be a useful outlet to explore on teams that push up on our kick-outs.

The kick-out strategy will be interesting. Mobility more important than size maybe for middle third. Most teams will be pinging runners with shorter stuff. I wonder is Gibbons and Parsons the preferred pairing or is Seamie struggling with something.

rosnarun

i just realized that donal vaughan isnt selected  and no seems to have missed him.
I know hes gone backwards a bit in the last year or two but it would be a sad  to see a totally committed player like that just slip away unlamented .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ballinaman

Quote from: rosnarun on May 27, 2016, 12:38:37 PM
i just realized that donal vaughan isnt selected  and no seems to have missed him.
I know hes gone backwards a bit in the last year or two but it would be a sad  to see a totally committed player like that just slip away unlamented .
Tore his hammer last weekend

GalwayBayBoy

Interesting to see that London have 4 native born Londoners starting for them this weekend. And another 4 on the bench.

rosnarun

Quote from: ballinaman on May 27, 2016, 12:45:02 PM

thats a shame he was always a guy that needed as much football as he could get . how long would that keep him out 6 weeks? team would be well established for the year at that point
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Chimley

Quote from: rosnarun on May 27, 2016, 02:12:06 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 27, 2016, 12:45:02 PM

thats a shame he was always a guy that needed as much football as he could get . how long would that keep him out 6 weeks? team would be well established for the year at that point

Donie has a great engine and top class physicality too. He can be a little prone to wasting possession in my opinion though and that can be fatal at the business end of the championship. Does the good outweigh the bad? That's a call for SR down the road. I agree that if someone like Durcan comes in and puts his hand up, then he might lose out unless an injury to someone lets him in again.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 27, 2016, 01:58:18 PM
Interesting to see that London have 4 native born Londoners starting for them this weekend. And another 4 on the bench.
A weaker looking London team compared to recent years. Mulvey their go to man in the forward line not able to start is a blow to their chances of making this game any bit competitive.

Mayo mean business with that strong team named, 11 or 12 of that team will start against Galway on June 18th.

exiles green n white army

I've a feeling London will get turned over badly tomorrow.... :- :'(

Captain Obvious

London manager waving the white flag before the game.

I don't believe in fairytales. I would be 'happy' to stay within 12 or 14 points of Mayo.

moysider

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 16, 2016, 11:29:19 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on May 16, 2016, 09:52:16 PM
Nope, not on tv. There might be 3-5 mins on the Sunday game that night.

Although if you mention it over on willie joe's blog (mayogaablog.com), you might get someone to periscope it?? Haven't seen it done before but it can't be long before it starts happening
New York v Roscommon game was on periscope. http://sportsnewsireland.com/gaa/rteskytg4-fail-as-periscope-airs-gaa-football-championship-new-york-v-roscommon-classic/

Any periscope for this one?

maigheo

Tom Parsons replaced by Stephen Coen in the Mayo lineup

Farrandeelin

Quote from: maigheo on May 29, 2016, 02:52:38 PM
Tom Parsons replaced by Stephen Coen in the Mayo lineup
Injured again? :-[
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

maigheo

London 0.01  Mayo  0.00  5 min. Mayo with the strong breeze.3 wides for Mayo.C O Connor black carded

Cunny Funt

Slow start for Mayo, only 3 chances created and 3 wides. C O Connor black carded.