London v Mayo 29th May

Started by Mayo Club 51, April 05, 2016, 11:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to London v Mayo in Ruislip 29th May?

Travelling from Mayo & Have a match ticket
7 (23.3%)
Travelling from Mayo & Don't have a match ticket
11 (36.7%)
Travelling from England & Have a match ticket
4 (13.3%)
Travelling from England & Don't have a match ticket
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

AZOffaly

Quote from: armaghniac on April 20, 2016, 11:38:25 PM
Typical Connacht home venue bollix, another province would have moved it to neutral ground if the home venue hadn't capacity.

Wemberlee, Wemberlee!!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 21, 2016, 11:34:46 AM
Typical Connacht home venue bollix, another province would have moved it to neutral ground if the home venue hadn't capacity.

Wemberlee, Wemberlee!!

Why not Lords?

Promote the hell out of the game, surely they would sell 30K tickets? Or is Dublin the only market the GAA are interested in?
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 21, 2016, 12:17:29 PM

Wemberlee, Wemberlee!!

Why not Lords?

Promote the hell out of the game, surely they would sell 30K tickets? Or is Dublin the only market the GAA are interested in?

I presume summer is the height of the county cricket season etc, they'd hardly want Mayo digging up divots in the wicket :)

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 21, 2016, 12:18:43 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 21, 2016, 12:17:29 PM

Wemberlee, Wemberlee!!

Why not Lords?

I presume summer is the height of the county cricket season etc, they'd hardly want Mayo digging up divots in the wicket :)

Probably but it would be a great day out all the same :)
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Dinny Breen

Lunch instead of half-time, cucumber sandwiches, ham sandwiches and tea.
#newbridgeornowhere

Maroon Manc

Anyone else see Galway play Mayo at Elland Rd about 25 year ago?

AZOffaly

Not me, but I do know there were some games in Wembley back in the day as well. Must have been 13 a side I suppose.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 21, 2016, 01:19:20 PM

What if it's rained off?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 21, 2016, 02:12:43 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 21, 2016, 01:19:20 PM

What if it's rained off?

Duckworth Lewis.
#newbridgeornowhere

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 21, 2016, 02:11:56 PM
Not me, but I do know there were some games in Wembley back in the day as well. Must have been 13 a side I suppose.

Think there were games at Wembley every year for about 15 years going back to the 60's and 70's. I'm sure there was 100,000 there in one of those years.

moysider

Quote from: sinabhuil on April 21, 2016, 11:33:39 AM
Lads the GAA agreed that New York and London could take the gate. The money does not go to the Connacht Council or Croke Park. It is retained at a local level and fair play to them. They need all the help they can get to promote the game. This whingeing is typical. We hear the same thing when an All Ireland Final is on. All of a sudden everyone wants a ticket and the 'I am more entitled than you' brigade comes out. There are limited tickets someone loses out. If you are not on the ball when they are put on sale - tough. Man up and take it. Stop crying. Same rubbish when it comes to refs, venues, prices, etc. We are getting more and more soccer like! - that is not a compliment.

Relax, will ye. Nobody's whinging ffs.
I'm just disappointed won t be able to go over for the weekend to the brother in London and see the game. Not going to lose sleep about it or anything if I cant. Not that big a deal.

moysider

Quote from: gwan-ye-boy-ya on April 22, 2016, 12:53:21 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 07, 2016, 01:59:00 PM
Mayo will win this match.

Na. hard one to call.

James Horan's team had to go to extra time to beat London. In fact, lucky enough to get to extra time.