National league final day. Tyrone v Cavan

Started by rrhf, April 03, 2016, 09:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Have to say this is one of my favourite GAA pictures of the year - Sean looks so sad it in I just can't help laughing. The pain in his eyes and the sorrow as he contemplates just why exactly he agreed to go along with the concept behind the photoshoot.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Captain Obvious

Good open game so far with some good scores from play.

Mikhailov

Referee very poor for both teams - blowing for petty fouls much to both teams annoyance. Always thought he was a fussy ref not suited to the physical side of the game. Not a good sign when both sets of players not happy. Hope he doesn't get the gig for Celtic Park in May or it will be a nightmare!

Game wise, Tyrone finding scores much easier to get but Cavan will be there or thereabouts with ten to go. They are a much better team now that they have defected away from the defensive stuff they used to play. Hope they stick at it but Tyrone are just a wee bit cuter and will win by 5+.

redzone

I'm watching a different game then lad. Think the ref is doing well. Cavan are playing defensively but they are breaking in numbers very well. Tyrone lying very deep defensively

cavanmaniac

About a fair reflection of where the teams are at there in the first half. Cavan have a lot of pluck but Tyrone look very comfortable and more at home at this level. A few Cavan errors giving scores to Tyrone and overall, there's way more space in Cavan's defence than in Tyrone's, so only one side's game winners are able to make an impression - Johnston, Givney, McKiernan not in it at all. Cavan need to shake themselves or this game will be gone away from them 10 mins into the second half, they have to get their key men into the game and stop Tyrone running through the middle so easily.

twohands!!!

Quote from: redzone on April 24, 2016, 02:10:19 PM
I'm watching a different game then lad. Think the ref is doing well. Cavan are playing defensively but they are breaking in numbers very well. Tyrone lying very deep defensively

19 scores between the 2 teams would indicate it is hardly the most defensive game in the world.

Unless Cavan get some goals I can't see them winning as Tyrone are just that bit better and still have the ability to grind out wins.
Looking at the bigger picture I haven't seen anything to challenge the notion that Tyrone will be a danger to any team who wants to win Sam but it's wild hard to see them doing it this year. A lot of Tyrone's best play seems to be driven by the old reliables.

Maguire01

Serious point and goal there. The black card just before should have been yellow.

Harold Disgracey

Ridiculous decision by a poor ref, never a black card.

Good goal.

Itchy

Ref is f**king Cavan, you can't try a tackle and it's a free. Black card also pathetic

Tubberman

No way that was a black card. Looks like it will hardly matter now anyway!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Tyrone forward pulls down Cavan back - free but no card of any sort.
Cavan midfielder fouls Tyrone man with illegal charge - black card.
New rule book or what?
Goal Tyrone - all over.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 24, 2016, 02:39:28 PM
Serious point and goal there. The black card just before should have been yellow.

Yup - almost impossible to see any way back for Cavan from here.

trueblue1234

Don't think it's was a black card either. Poor decision. Ref very inconsistent for both teams.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

redzone

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 24, 2016, 02:18:43 PM
Quote from: redzone on April 24, 2016, 02:10:19 PM

19 scores between the 2 teams would indicate it is hardly the most defensive game in the world.

Unless Cavan get some goals I can't see them winning as Tyrone are just that bit better and still have the ability to grind out wins.
Looking at the bigger picture I haven't seen anything to challenge the notion that Tyrone will be a danger to any team who wants to win Sam but it's wild hard to see them doing it this year. A lot of Tyrone's best play seems to be driven by the old reliables.

There could be 40 scores and still defensive. Just means they aren't very effective at it.