Rossies v Kerry round 2, will Croke Park be playable?

Started by giveballaghback, April 03, 2016, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Our Hurley lads won today and go up to D2
Our Minors beat Leitrim in the last round of the Connacht MFL and we topped the table
Seniors - over to ye lads - make it 3 out of 3 tomorrow :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Yes, congrats to our hurlers on their promotion and to our minor
footballers on winning the Connacht Minor League.

orangeman

Kerry I'm a much better place this time round. Roscommon fist pumping last time will be sufficient motivation.

Kerry win.

Syferus

Quote from: orangeman on April 10, 2016, 08:06:37 AM
Kerry I'm a much better place this time round. Roscommon fist pumping last time will be sufficient motivation.

Kerry win.

Kerry of course we're totally stoic scoring their points and illegal goal.

rrhf

Big day for Roscommon and the bus will be on its way shortly. Such a novelty for them..  I suspect t hey would be happy with an honourable defeat.

Syferus

Quote from: rrhf on April 10, 2016, 09:35:51 AM
Big day for Roscommon and the bus will be on its way shortly. Such a novelty for them..  I suspect t hey would be happy with an honourable defeat.

Third match in 24 months in Croker. Most have played there mutiple times at underage and club too. Long way off a novelty at this stage.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2016, 09:59:40 AM

Third match in 24 months in Croker. Most have played there mutiple times at underage and club too. Long way off a novelty at this stage.

When was the last time when Roscommon won a senior Championship match in Croke Park?

Genuine question.

rrhf

It would be disastrous for new management to get beat by 20 points by the dubs in the final. Better the 4 point defeat in the semi final might work out better for confidence.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 10, 2016, 10:22:59 AM

When was the last time when Roscommon won a senior Championship match in Croke Park?

Genuine question.

All Ireland semi v Armagh 1980?

larryin89

It's your first meaningful match there in an age, just go and enjoy yourself ffs lad .

That would be 1980 bomber, ros fans don't like statistics of this nature because it makes them look shite .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 10, 2016, 10:34:28 AM

Genuine question.

All Ireland semi v Armagh 1980?

;D ;D ;D

mjg

Ross haters out in force this morning.Black eyed Larry and that fool from the north should hook up ye are made for each other

manfromdelmonte

We don't get to play every championship game in Croker like other counties

2001 Connacht Champions, Roscommon were denied the chance to play QF in Croke Park.
We had to go to that shithole in castlebar

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 10, 2016, 11:34:46 AM
We don't get to play every championship game in Croker like other counties

2001 Connacht Champions, Roscommon were denied the chance to play QF in Croke Park.
We had to go to that shithole in castlebar

Fermanagh didn't get too many chances either but they have done the business. How did you get on in your AI QF in 2001 anyway.

Roscommon's recent history is that of minnows, funny seeing how seriously you guys take yourselves.

Rossfan

Genuine question.
Nothing got to do with the current team.
Tyrone never won a championship game there till 2003. Didn't stop them having good days from there.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM