Rossies v Kerry round 2, will Croke Park be playable?

Started by giveballaghback, April 03, 2016, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: westbound on April 04, 2016, 02:47:40 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 04, 2016, 02:30:40 PM
Quote from: westbound on April 04, 2016, 02:27:08 PM
Why would Limerick be daft? It's roughly half way between Roscommon town and Killarney. There is no motorway from Killarney to Limerick either (apart from a short stretch from Adare). In fact, Ros fans would have more motorway to travel on to limerick than the kerry folk!

As a rossie living in Kildare, I'd MUCH rather it being in Croke park.

But being realistic, I don't see why we could argue against it being in Limerick.

It's not too long ago we were telling the mayos to stop complaining about having to play Kerry in limerick, so it'd be very hypocritical if we started complaining now about a LEAGUE semi final being in Limerick.

I STILL HOPE ITS IN CROKE PARK!!  :D

This team deserves to play at HQ. It would be a bit of an insult to about face the established situation with league semis in its last year.

This has got nothing to do with anything! Get to the league final and we'll DESERVE to play in Croke park.

I wouldn't agree that it'd be an insult. Disappointing - yes. Insulting - no! Whilst the semis have been in croker the last few years, there is nothing to say that all league semis have to be in croke park. In fact, the last Div 1 semi final we played in was in Sligo (against Mayo).

I'd agree totally with what you said Westbound. Syf has a dubious grasp of geography though, so no surprises there!

Croker it is anyway. The place will be 90% empty for the Kerry v Ross game.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Rossfan on April 04, 2016, 03:54:17 PM
If ye Kerrys would go to games it could be 80%

Don't you worry, we're there when it counts, as much as any county's followers. I'd be there on Sunday only I have a game. There's a full programme of County League games in Kerry next weekend, a lot of them on Sunday. That takes away a lot of the hardcore support. We've a huge game Thursday night also in the Munster u21 final. Far more important than next Sunday actually.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Rossfan

I'd say there mightn't be much excitement about a League semi final in Kerry right enough.

manfromdelmonte

Are the Dubs putting on complimentary buses for anyone?

Syferus

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on April 04, 2016, 03:46:28 PM
Why would Limerick be daft? It's roughly half way between Roscommon town and Killarney. There is no motorway from Killarney to Limerick either (apart from a short stretch from Adare). In fact, Ros fans would have more motorway to travel on to limerick than the kerry folk!

But being realistic, I don't see why we could argue against it being in Limerick.

It's not too long ago we were telling the mayos to stop complaining about having to play Kerry in limerick, so it'd be very hypocritical if we started complaining now about a LEAGUE semi final being in Limerick.

This team deserves to play at HQ. It would be a bit of an insult to about face the established situation with league semis in its last year.

This has got nothing to do with anything! Get to the league final and we'll DESERVE to play in Croke park.

I wouldn't agree that it'd be an insult. Disappointing - yes. Insulting - no! Whilst the semis have been in croker the last few years, there is nothing to say that all league semis have to be in croke park. In fact, the last Div 1 semi final we played in was in Sligo (against Mayo).

I'd agree totally with what you said Westbound. Syf has a dubious grasp of geography though, so no surprises there!

Last I checked their aren't many planes going to Ennis or Limerick. So why absolute distance comes into it I haven't a clue. The infrastructure to Dublin is far better.

armaghniac

Quote from: Syferus on April 04, 2016, 05:46:59 PM
Last I checked their aren't many planes going to Ennis or Limerick. So why absolute distance comes into it I haven't a clue. The infrastructure to Dublin is far better.

Well there is an international airport between Ennis and Limerick.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on April 04, 2016, 05:49:09 PM

Well there is an international airport between Ennis and Limerick.

That's like saying Galway or Sligo is near Knock.

westbound

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on April 04, 2016, 03:46:28 PM

I don't want to get into an argument with a fellow rossie syf, but what are you talking about?
Who mentioned anything about planes? (or absolute distance?) When was the last time you flew to a roscommon match?

Limerick is about 2 hours from Roscommon town by car and about 1hr 40 from killarney. I know there are lots of ros fans north of ros town but there are lots of Kerry fans west of killarney too!

Obviously the infrastructure to Dublin from roscommon is better than to limerick, but Kerry supporters would have to go past limerick and then travel for an additional 2 hours to get to croker.

So I still don't see how Limerick would have been "daft"!

Anyway, the decision is made and I'm delighted it's in croke park!

From the Bunker

There will be some atmosphere in Croker! You'd have to imagine there will be a lot of families especially from Kerry who will make the journey. I'd say the Kerry support will outnumber the Rossies on the Hill. Will it be an all ticket affair? You have to say the Gaa are loyal to their Vendors as well as their Corporate box holders in Croker. Good to see the Dubs back home for the knock out games as well. They need a bit of practice on home turf for their tough up coming Leinster Championship. Yes thumbs up all round!

Rossfan

Hope all ye Rhus will now concentrate on local club games and let to top 4 get on with our League play offs.

Is "westbound" a Rhu I wonder ::)?

westbound

Quote from: Rossfan on April 05, 2016, 09:53:28 AM
Hope all ye Rhus will now concentrate on local club games and let to top 4 get on with our League play offs.

Is "westbound" a Rhu I wonder ::)?
Not at all Ross fan.

As i mentioned in a previous post i'm a rossie living in kildare.

I'm delighted this game in in croker but I was just pointing out that I didn't think it'd be 'daft' to have it in limerick.

Anyway, decision is made, I'm pleased it's in croker and I'll be there as always!

Let's talk about the game now instead of the venue.

Rossfan

Indeed.
Let's give it a right go and see how it turns out.
Playing Kerry in Croke Park is always a good test and another big step on the learning curve.

westbound

Quote from: Rossfan on April 05, 2016, 10:19:50 AM
Indeed.
Let's give it a right go and see how it turns out.
Playing Kerry in Croke Park is always a good test and another big step on the learning curve.

Correct. And it'll be a good step up from killarney with kerry having the extra players back and at a much higher level of fitness.

Looking forward to it.

giveballaghback

Our midfield in Killarney are both missing for different reasons, Enda Smyth is taking a break for a couple of weeks and Ian Kilbride is injured. How we line out Sunday will be interesting to say the least. We cannot give Kerry the midfield freedom they got in Killarney but how we stop it I dont  know, D. Murtagh will be a big addition and id say Harney starts to give him match time. Cant wait.