2016 AFL Season

Started by Aerlik, March 30, 2016, 07:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

Well hello there.  It's time to get the Deep heat on, the shrimps on the barby, the 4X in the fridge and get in the mood for another year of Aussie Rules Footy courtesy of my totally unbiased, blinkers off take on the preceding week's games.

Fear not, I am still rabidly anti-West Coast cos the CEO still hasn't resigned and until he does, my observations shall be forthright and full-on.  And if you haven't been keeping up to date with all that has been happening Down Under here is a wee summary.

I forgot to write up a report for the end of the 2015 season as I was still in stitches and fits of laughter about the shameful display of themmuns in the Grand Final v. Hawthorn up until about 10.30am last Sunday (my report of the Freo v. Western Bulldogs game will explain that).  It was that bad that I was actually finding myself taking pity on the decent players in the team as the show-boaters fcuked up relentlessly.  To the point that I was actually shouting at the TV and telling the galloots what to do...as you do.

Essendon got smashed by the World Anti-Doping Authority for its crimes against its players; and here's the irony - the bombers sacked James Hird and employed John Worsfeld, the coach of  West Coast during the shameful period of drug cheating and off-field shenanigans.  Doooooooooh.  Oh well. 

Collingwood is in the sh*ts again for its players misbehaving with talcum powder (apparently you sniff talc for a joke at parties).

So there you go.  All's well in AFL land...or it was until 10.10am last Sunday.  Grrrr.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

TabClear

Looking forward to another season of balanced reporting Aerlik, at least when Freo and WC are playing! ;)

First round highlights for me were a cracking game between the cats and hawks with geelong pulling away in the last quarter for the win. The hawks were very good in patches but missed roughead badly up front and hills running. Dangerfield was fantastic for the cats in his debut. Him and Selwood are as good a midfield pairing as I've seen. Expect at least one of these two to be playing in the grand final.

Swans destroyed a well fancied magpies who lost dane swan early to a nasty looking knee injury.

AZOffaly

I enjoy reading these too, but maybe Aerlick you could give a brief summary of the teams in the league? I don't always know who you are talking about. Who are Themmuns, and why do you hate them, etc etc?

bamboo

Good to have it back Aerlik. Could I make my annual request that you can add a league ladder each week to save us the bother of having to look elsewhere. Not important for the first few weeks but would be handy from half way onwards.

tonto1888

Have BT Sports now so gonna follow this this year. Looking forward to it

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 30, 2016, 11:15:46 AM
I enjoy reading these too, but maybe Aerlick you could give a brief summary of the teams in the league? I don't always know who you are talking about. Who are Themmuns, and why do you hate them, etc etc?

West Coast Eagles 3 times Grand Final winners and the big brother in the Eagles/Freo rivalry. Liverpool to their Everton.
#newbridgeornowhere

Club Rossa

Dramatic finish to the Richmond and Collingwood game!
A great result for the Pies after last week's mauling in Sydney.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Aerlik on March 30, 2016, 07:06:42 AM

Collingwood is in the sh*ts again for its players misbehaving with talcum powder (apparently you sniff talc for a joke at parties).

Can you explain this a bit further?

lfdown2

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/31204375/nothing-positive-about-collingwood-drug-scandal/

11 players tested positive for recreational drug use in the off season. Also see they're in hot water over a sectarian banner at the tigers game

OgraAnDun

Thanks Ifdown, that's fairly interesting. When exactly did this happen, was it over the break this year or a few years ago?

JimStynes

Club Rossa

Just after watching the Hawks overcome the Bulldogs in a classic.Worth watching for Rioli's goal from the boundary,pure class!

Aerlik

Several technical issues with the home internet have resulted in my not being able to provide my (as anticipated) unbiased, probing and generally insightful analyses of the rounds that have preceded today.  Now that my home internet connection has a semblance of normality again, I shall endeavour to bring you all up to date with what's what in the world of AFL land.  (And I can see JimStynes and AlriteHorse smirking already...fekkers.)
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

gaah_man

Aerlik how did the Cockers get on against the mighty Eagles at the weekend??
;D

TabClear

Quote from: Club Rossa on April 10, 2016, 09:09:21 AM
Just after watching the Hawks overcome the Bulldogs in a classic.Worth watching for Rioli's goal from the boundary,pure class!

Great game. The hawks production machine seems to be rollng on with big Sicily who had looked very good in roughead absence.

Demons against the kangaroos was another great game where the demons had a shout at goal with the last kick for the win.

The west coast Derby was a awful game and I reckon aerlik will have plenty to say on it.  Dockers really struggling.