2016 AFL Season

Started by Aerlik, March 30, 2016, 07:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

ROUND FIVE

Hawthorn 112-109 Adelaide
A fine advert for Aussie Rules.  Not a fine advert for shite umpiring.  For the third week in a row the Hawks escaped defeat with only a 3-pt win.  But the talking point will be the decision to award a free in the last minute to Hawthorn for what seemed a perfectly good tackle.  Other than that it was a classic game for end-to-end footy. 

Sydney 88-49 West Coast
Oh, don't you love it when the media build up a team you despise only to see them self-implode!  Freo's woes are being cushioned by those teams that beat themmuns well.    I only caught bits of the game.  Enough to see me grin again.

North Melbourne 119-81 Gold Coast
The roos made it 5-0 and their best start to a season in over 20 years.  Is this the start of a premiership season?  Wouldn't begrudge them the win, to be honest.  But Collingwood fans are not happy.  Are they ever?

Western Bulldogs 120-67 Brisbane
Back to earth with a bump for the Lions.  The dogs are playing some great footy in spite of injuries.  One to watch in the finals, methinks.

Geelong 107-59 Port Adelaide
At quarter time the Power were up  by 18 points then Geelong woke up and totally dominated the rest of the game.  Some nice "attention" was paid to ex Crow Patrick Dangerfield on his first visit back to Adelaide after his transfer to the Cats.  I got bored at ¾ time so turned over.

GWS 126-79 St. Kilda
The Giants keep on winning and winning well.  Bit of a surprise, this result, as I thought that the Saints were building a bit of momentum following their previous two displays.

Carlton 72-68 Fremantle
My late father used to describe my shots at goals as "ya cuddint hit a bull's arse with a barn dure"!  Well, the same applies to Freo at the moment.  This was agony to experience in the flesh.  In fact, I was numbed to the point of not even getting up and leaving before the end.  What has gone wrong?  I have no idea. Bottom of the ladder.  Suddenly that grin is invisible.  And serious injuries to Nat Fyfe who has re-cracked the fibia he damaged last year, and Michael Johnson with his dodgy hamstring make this the season from hell.  Well, I for one, won't be heading to Melbourne in October. 

Melbourne 129-96 Richmond
For the second week, the Demons have belted another of their old cross-town adversaries.  The first time in several seasons that they've won back-to-back games.  Not something to be lauded, mind you.

Collingwood 142-73 Essendon
The traditional ANZAC day clash and it was crap.  I only saw the highlights which were enough. 

I'm not a happy Freo fan today.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Aerlik

ROUND SIX

North Melbourne 61-46 Western Bulldogs
Arguably the most anticipated game of the round.  It was tough and uncompromising but not pretty.  To be expected but the Roos held on and now stretch their winning streak to 6-0.

St. Kilda 135-96 Melbourne
The Saints were just too smart for the Demons today.   

Adelaide 97-64 Fremantle
Never mind hitting a bull's arse with a barn door, Freo couldn't hit one with a fekkin laser guided missile from 5 metres.  They were all over Adelaide in stages of this game and but for shite kicking  (8-16) could even have won this game.  Dear God this is agonising, 0-6.

GWS 158-83 Hawthorn
No, your eyesight  is perfect.  Yes, you have read that correctly.  And I watched it.  Whao.  What an effort.  Ex-Cat Steve Johnson was at his mercurial best as was the Giants' giant ruckman Rory Lobb.  Hands like shovels, arms like windmills and feet that work.  Take note Freo.  A great game to watch as it is nice to see the little man thrash the big man.  Except that Freo play the little man next week.  Gulp, groan, eeeeeeeeek.

Port Adelaide 94-59 Richmond
Things are not looking too good for the Tigers' season either.   Another loss and they are at 1-5.

Geelong 168-48 Gold Coast
Bet Gary Ablett Jr. had wished he had taken up the rumoured offers to return to Geelong last year after this thrashing.  From 3-0, the Suns now are 3-3.  Damnit, there's even a chance Freo might catch up with them.

Sydney 97-94 Brisbane
Ooooooh so close for the Lions.  I was listening to this in stages on the car wireless and it was close throughout but the experience of the Swans was just too great and they fell over the line. 

Carlton 72-57 Essendon
When are Freo playing Essendon?  That is all.

West Coast 124-62 Collingwood
At ¾ time there were only a couple of kicks in it as the Pies came back after a very sluggish start and took the game to the undetected Drug Cheats.  In the end the latter were just too powerful and won handily enough.

Aerlik

https://www.facebook.com/720942448042789/videos/741751425961891/

Hopefully this comes through.  Before the AFL, the Western Australian Footy League had massive crowds and big hits.  Like this one.

TabClear

Hawks have not been particularly impressive this year.  Brilliant in patches and involved in great games but lucky to have 4 wins on the board given three wins were by less than a goal.  The loss of roughhead is massive.

North look pretty good as do the Bulldogs. Franklin kicking big scores for the swans as well.

Club Rossa

Luke Hodge out for 4-6 weeks with a knee injury.

gaah_man

Aerlik men in glass houses shouldnt throw stones regarding West Coast players alleged drug use, from what I have seen and heard theres plenty of Dockers who like a bit of party gear.

JimStynes

Aerlik knows I saw a few dockers players taking drugs in a club in Perth one night!! They weren't secret about it either. PEDs are rife in AFL as well.

TabClear

Quote from: Club Rossa on May 03, 2016, 07:48:51 AM
Luke Hodge out for 4-6 weeks with a knee injury.

Bollox. One of my favourite players

Club Rossa

Hodge not having much luck this season.Hawks will miss his leadership.Roughead has resumed light training though,not sure when he's expected back.They have Richmond this weekend,who have a very good recent record again Hawthorn .Will be interesting to see how they respond after last week's tanking.

TabClear

Quote from: Club Rossa on May 04, 2016, 01:47:24 PM
Hodge not having much luck this season.Hawks will miss his leadership.Roughead has resumed light training though,not sure when he's expected back.They have Richmond this weekend,who have a very good recent record again Hawthorn .Will be interesting to see how they respond after last week's tanking.

Good news about roughhead but the problem I can see is the lack of pre season. Afl is one of the toughest sports out there from aerobic perspective and to come into it mid season is tough.

TabClear

Incredible game between the Tigers and swans with Richmond winning by a point with a goal after the siren. Game was runsof 3-4 goals for one team them the other coming back. Tigers really upset the form book in this one.

Buddy Franklin kicked 5 but his battle with Rance was as good as you'll see. Probably the best forward in the game up against the best man on man defender.

Club Rossa

Awful news about Jarryd Roughead,he's suffered a recurrence of melanoma.

TabClear

Quote from: Club Rossa on May 17, 2016, 07:21:04 AM
Awful news about Jarryd Roughead,he's suffered a recurrence of melanoma.

Not good. Great player and he seems like one of the most likable players around.  Hopefully he can get it sorted and make it back this season.

Club Rossa

Fingers crossed he can overcome it again.

redzone

Where did the match reports go to  :(