Tyrone v Armagh

Started by illdecide, March 14, 2016, 10:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 28, 2016, 03:09:39 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on March 28, 2016, 01:26:52 AM
To be honest I feel most Armagh people know what level their team are at. The problem seems to be that although Tyrone are better they are not at the level their supporters think they are at.

What level do you think Tyrone fans think they're at?

About level with Monaghan. Will cause teams trouble but nowhere near winning the big one. If McManus transferred though?

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Throw ball on March 28, 2016, 05:30:42 PM
To be honest I feel most Armagh people know what level their team are at. The problem seems to be that although Tyrone are better they are not at the level their supporters think they are at.

About level with Monaghan. Will cause teams trouble but nowhere near winning the big one. If McManus transferred though?
Could that be a runner? Clontibret isn't that far from Tyrone.

BennyHarp

And you disagree with this?
That was never a square ball!!

Il Bomber Destro

I'm asking you what level do you think Tyrone fans think Tyrone are at?

Only Dublin, Mayo and Kerry could definitively be ranked ahead of us at the minute and I think of the four semi-finalists last year, the age profile of the Tyrone team was by far the youngest. Hard to really gauge at what level Donegal are going to be at this summer.

Tyrone are also very much a summer team who relish the quick playing pitch of Croke Park.

Over the Bar

Sorry you are wrong Il Bomber. According to Benny Harp 'Tyrone will be found out in the summer'. There's a thinking man's statement if ever you heard one!  Not.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 28, 2016, 07:11:58 PM
Sorry you are wrong Il Bomber. According to Benny Harp 'Tyrone will be found out in the summer'. There's a thinking man's statement if ever you heard one!  Not.

You lads are some craic, using quotation marks and all to "back up" your nonsense! Where did I say that? 😂

BennyCake

Quote from: Over the Bar on March 28, 2016, 04:48:43 PM
Tyrone are hyped up after last year. Sligo, Tipp, Limerick, to get to a semi. Luck of the draw like Armagh the previous year. Tyrone will be found out come the summer.

Ach, sure we are a pack of jammy hoors! Only for biased refs we'd hardly have even one Sam, never mind 3!   ;)

That's 8+ years ago, dude. My post referred to the present.

Then benny you should be a little more specific, otherwise Tyronies and the likes of St Galls might misunderstand your intent.  When will Tyrone be caught out?  And at what stage or even by whom?  Don't think anyone is suggesting the 4th AI is on the cards but 'being caught out in the summer' is probably the easiest,  laziest statement in GAA.  Not hard to say a horse won't come in the top 2 in a race of 32.   Why not put your cahoonas on on the line to say which stage of Ulster and what non-Ulster teams bar the big hitters Tyrone will get 'caught out' against?? ;)

Tyronie's got carried away at a semi last year. That means diddly squat this year. I put Donegal and Monaghan ahead of them for Ulster. I'd imagine a lot of you think Tyrone will build on last year and go even further. I just don't see it happening.

Derry will give you your fill in Celtic Park. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat you. And I'm not getting at Tyrone here, I'm just calling it as I see it.

Throw ball

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 28, 2016, 06:49:04 PM

Only Dublin, Mayo and Kerry could definitively be ranked ahead of us at the minute and I think of the four semi-finalists last year, the age profile of the Tyrone team was by far the youngest. Hard to really gauge at what level Donegal are going to be at this summer.

Tyrone are also very much a summer team who relish the quick playing pitch of Croke Park.

Sorry I misread your post. That is were I feel Tyrone are. I get the impression a lot of Tyrone fans feel only Dublin are clearly ahead of them.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: BennyCake on March 28, 2016, 08:27:24 PM
Tyrone are hyped up after last year. Sligo, Tipp, Limerick, to get to a semi. Luck of the draw like Armagh the previous year. Tyrone will be found out come the summer.

Ach, sure we are a pack of jammy hoors! Only for biased refs we'd hardly have even one Sam, never mind 3!   ;)

Then benny you should be a little more specific, otherwise Tyronies and the likes of St Galls might misunderstand your intent.  When will Tyrone be caught out?  And at what stage or even by whom?  Don't think anyone is suggesting the 4th AI is on the cards but 'being caught out in the summer' is probably the easiest,  laziest statement in GAA.  Not hard to say a horse won't come in the top 2 in a race of 32.   Why not put your cahoonas on on the line to say which stage of Ulster and what non-Ulster teams bar the big hitters Tyrone will get 'caught out' against?? ;)

Tyronie's got carried away at a semi last year. That means diddly squat this year. I put Donegal and Monaghan ahead of them for Ulster. I'd imagine a lot of you think Tyrone will build on last year and go even further. I just don't see it happening.

Derry will give you your fill in Celtic Park. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat you. And I'm not getting at Tyrone here, I'm just calling it as I see it.

Ah sure we'll not bother togging out this year then so

muppet

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 28, 2016, 10:21:01 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 28, 2016, 08:27:24 PM

Ah sure we'll not bother togging out this year then so

I honestly believe that Brolly, Spillane and O'Rourke etc. want all but maybe 2 counties not to bother togging every year.
MWWSI 2017

Clinker

Most of this Board reflects Countyism - in this thread's case Tyroneshire versus Armaghshire - the imposed and subsequently accepted and the reflected glory of the residents who have an interest -much as Dublinshire or Kilkennyshire etc.
Little connection of people between Lurgan and Creggan{Armaghshire} yet lumped together as the same and those that sell to SKY thrive on the concept.
Money and what they deem at their meetings - bread and circus patrons.
The best and most natural threads on this Board are the Antrim, the recent crowd that have thankfully landed from Laois and of whom any reader is grateful and the long standing Derry ones, Cavan ,Down and Mayo, Longford also  - if one were asked to be directed towards what is the People's GAA.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Throw ball on March 28, 2016, 09:10:25 PM

Sorry I misread your post. That is were I feel Tyrone are. I get the impression a lot of Tyrone fans feel only Dublin are clearly ahead of them.

Dublin are ahead of everyone at the minute. You can do a hierarchy of the next four teams but I don't think there is a lot between them and from a Tyrone perspective I certainly wouldn't be fearing any of the others.

redhandefender

Wise up, there is no way Dublin are ahead of us!

BennyHarp

Quote from: redhandefender on March 29, 2016, 10:20:10 AM

Wise up, there is no way Dublin are ahead of us!

I agree......the jury is still out on the Dubs but we have won the McKenna cup and achieved promotion already this season.

tyroneman

I would say Tyrone, without a marquee forward, are probably around Monaghan or Cork level. Capable of beating any other team on a good day with a bit of luck and everything would need to be clicking but would start as the underdogs in any match v Dublin, Donegal, Kerry and Mayo.

Would be great to win Ulster but would fear the Derry banana skin lying in wait at Celtic park and ultimately still think Donegal are a stronger team with more 'big game' match winners should we meet them.

I really don't think we will win another AI until we discover a true top quality forward; one that other counties would covet....a Brogan, Murphy, o'Shea, Connolly,  o'Donoghue type.

The truth is that we are really a little too good for Div 2 but might find it difficult to stay in Div 1. Well oiled defensively, as fit as anyone in Ireland, playing to a system that everyone buys into..... but without the killer forwards necessary to win Sam.