[D1] Roscommon v Mayo - 27/03/16 [3:30pm, Dr. Hyde Park]

Started by Syferus, March 13, 2016, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

No point in taking anything 'into the championship' from that game. We still don't know how Ros would play on a good pitch against us. Will the u21 final go ahead there if there's a downpour next Fri or Sat? On the game itself, it went as expected I suppose. Mayo still too wasteful on the ball. Dominated midfield.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Kurtz on March 27, 2016, 06:33:48 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 27, 2016, 06:00:52 PM
Quote from: Kurtz on March 27, 2016, 05:18:27 PM
Mayo wanted it more

As long as there are no injuries its all good, they are only a young team they need to learn from that

The Dublin game needs to be moved though that pitch is a joke

Leave it where it is. If its good enough for the rest of us..........

If you call that football its no wonder SAM wont be coming across that shannon any time soon

I don t remember calling it football or anything else.
If other teams are expected to play there why not Dublin?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: laoislad on March 27, 2016, 04:34:28 PM
The pitch looks like a field for grazing cows.

Cows wouldn't last too long it was that wet!

Beffs

Quote from: moysider on March 27, 2016, 08:18:16 PM
Quote from: Kurtz on March 27, 2016, 06:33:48 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 27, 2016, 06:00:52 PM
Quote from: Kurtz on March 27, 2016, 05:18:27 PM
Mayo wanted it more

As long as there are no injuries its all good, they are only a young team they need to learn from that

The Dublin game needs to be moved though that pitch is a joke

Leave it where it is. If its good enough for the rest of us..........

If you call that football its no wonder SAM wont be coming across that shannon any time soon

I don t remember calling it football or anything else.
If other teams are expected to play there why not Dublin?

Other teams are not expected to play on it. Roscommon's games against Monaghan and Down were moved elsewhere, due to the poor state of the pitch at the Hyde. If more rain falls during the week, or they aren't able to drain the pitch sufficiently between now and next weekend, then the game should be moved. The fact that it's the Dubs is irrelevant.

moysider

It was already a waterlogged mess yesterday and  it wasn t moved. Even though there was more rain forecast.

weareros

Wasn't overly despondent leaving Hyde Park today. Mayo totally outmuscled us in a pitch more suitable for bog snorkeling than Gaelic football. The keepers vainly tried to sweep some of the water away with a yard brush before proceedings began when even a hundred fire engine pumps would not have worked. Thank god no player was seriously injured though I feared the worst for Fintan Cregg and thankfully he got up and dusted himself off. Game should have been postponed or we should have  given home advantage to Mayo. Yes there was a huge crowd there and it's a big loss to town but it was no advertisement for football.. As for the game, Mayo showed they are still the team to beat in Connacht. Big, physical team, too strong for the young Rossies and they had a stranglehold around the middle all day. Best game for both O'Sheas in a while. It was poor shooting from play that kept us from going in seven points down at half time. Clearly when fit our absent players will add a lot so remain optimistic.

Mayo4Sam

Well it is only the league but sometimes it's beautiful

I said that I thought the Rossies would put out a reserve team but they didn't and still lost.
For all the talk of confidence and making the semis it must be heart breaking coming out today thinking Mayo have had a terrible league and will probably still be here next year. There must be niggling doubts that when it comes down to it the big boys just put the foot down and get the win they needed. A loss in the semi would reinforce this. It's a lot of doubt to be carrying into a potential Connacht final

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Rudi

Fair dues to Mayo they played some nice football in terrible conditions. Their ball handling and ability to win dirty ball was far greater than ours. I think we scored more from play than them which is bound to be a worry. I think deep analysis of this game much like the 2011 Connacht final is not worth anything, conditions suited Mayo, we were flat and yards off the pace. Mayo still are the kings of Connacht, mind you not many informed Rossies thought any differently prior to this game. If the weather keeps at the same craic not a hope of the U21 or Dublin match played in the Hyde.

Mayoffs

That game will do the Ross more than us. They now know the intensity required. Conditions bad but our shooting still below par and worrying. As was some of the decision making from the sideline in the second half. Peter Canavan on the last word Fri was spot on
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

Cunny Funt

The Mayo posters on here that didn't care if relegated were reminded today that Mayo players and management very much cared. Roscommon on the other hand seemed happy with their league work already as in a game that mattered more to them they wouldn't have given debuts to a number of players.

moysider

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 27, 2016, 10:05:54 PM
The Mayo posters on here that didn't care if relegated were reminded today that Mayo players and management very much cared. Roscommon on the other hand seemed happy with their league work already as in a game that mattered more to them they wouldn't have given debuts to a number of players.

What posters don't care about relegation?

moysider

I think one or two said they wouldn t mind relegation as long as we find a few more players, especially a couple of forwards.
The thing is, if you find a few good new players you won t be relegated! Relegation has nothing to recommend it by imo.

ballinaman

The less we see of AOS at FF the better I feel, bossed the middle today with his presence adding to the link play.
Would it be 2001 since we've lost in Hyde park?