[D1] Roscommon v Mayo - 27/03/16 [3:30pm, Dr. Hyde Park]

Started by Syferus, March 13, 2016, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpMeeyo

The game changed when caff went off, and then murtagh came on. I hope that wasnt a 'the game has been won' type substitution from Rochford.

While Evan Regan did very well, I was really hoping he'd slot that free. Its all well and good scoring when we're winning, but when the chips are down we need forwards who want to stand up and be counted. It wont be as big an issue though when cillian reassumes freetaking.

Alan Freeman's black card is yet another to add to the littany of terrible black cards. Introduced to counteract cynicism and it has failed spectacularly in doing so.

muppet

I'd say this bus would be much better craic to be on.

MWWSI 2017

Kurtz

Quote from: muppet on March 27, 2016, 05:42:00 PM
I'd say this bus would be much better craic to be on.

Ballyboden Bus would be the best craic

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2016, 05:24:52 PM
What a magnificent match. It was a privilege to be there in person to watch two of the best teams in Ireland go head to head.

Self delusion is a wonderful thing. Back to mid-table

moysider

Quote from: Kurtz on March 27, 2016, 05:18:27 PM
Mayo wanted it more

As long as there are no injuries its all good, they are only a young team they need to learn from that

The Dublin game needs to be moved though that pitch is a joke

Leave it where it is. If its good enough for the rest of us..........

Mclf

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2016, 05:24:52 PM
What a magnificent match. It was a privilege to be there in person to watch two of the best teams in Ireland go head to head.

It's not everyday of the week a person can go to a game and not care which team wins when both are firm favourites, congrats to Syferus and the rest of the Mayo fans here on their victory.

Kurtz

Quote from: moysider on March 27, 2016, 06:00:52 PM
Quote from: Kurtz on March 27, 2016, 05:18:27 PM
Mayo wanted it more

As long as there are no injuries its all good, they are only a young team they need to learn from that

The Dublin game needs to be moved though that pitch is a joke

Leave it where it is. If its good enough for the rest of us..........

If you call that football its no wonder SAM wont be coming across that shannon any time soon

Rudi

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 27, 2016, 05:17:33 PM
Roscommon fans are the equivalent of the beaten wife in a tumultuous relationship.

Every January the husband (Roscommon GAA team) turns up with flowers at the door promising he has changed for the better and he's not going to slip back into his old habits. The wife is besotted once again, she ignores all the advice from colleagues and acquaintances about the perils of what she is doing, initially everything is going fine (flying in the league) and she is on top of the world - bragging to everyone else about what a great man she has in her life. Then summer comes, the husband slips back into his old habits, he's back on the bottle and unleashing his fury on his wife, she takes a battering (Roscommon get humiliated in the Championship by team they wrongly thought they were well

Right now we are at the stage where the husband is beginning to show slight indications of returning to his old form. Will the wife ever learn?

Yor sir are a pain in the hole. ER and SOS stand out players today.

giveballaghback

manfromdelmonte

Ros didn't start two big physical players in Daly and Senan Kilbride

I think the soft pitch suited the bigger Mayo players. They uaed direct running and handpaasing whereas Ros tried to footpass into the forwards - silly. Ros had too many light players on eg Kilroy and didn't really have anyone to bring in instead.

Fair play to Mayo, know how to dominate physically, win a handy free and move the ball through the hands. They are a top 4 team for a reason

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 27, 2016, 07:31:59 PM
Ros didn't start two big physical players in Daly and Senan Kilbride

I think the soft pitch suited the bigger Mayo players. They uaed direct running and handpaasing whereas Ros tried to footpass into the forwards - silly. Ros had too many light players on eg Kilroy and didn't really have anyone to bring in instead.

Fair play to Mayo, know how to dominate physically, win a handy free and move the ball through the hands. They are a top 4 team for a reason

Daly,  Connolly,  Senan all injured. Didn't start the U21s either which was probably the right call with the mess of a pitch.

Fintan looked a little off kicking the ball and makes me think the rumours about him being doubtful weren't far off.

Christmas we need a bit of luck with injuries fie the summer,  it's getting ridculous and the current management are doing all they can to mind players.

From the Bunker

Pitch was well dodgy! Luckily (I hope) no one got seriously injured. The left hand side in the corner looking from the stand was especially dangerous. Happy with the result. roscommon were a bit disappointing. I suppose they had/have noting to play for so the urgency in their play was more conservative. Mayo dominated the middle and the Rossies will have to have a big look at that area come the summer. Reagan had a massive impact after half time and his goal and a point effectively won this game. Freeman (for his first game back) was lively.  Doherty is suffering badly at the moment. Nothing is happening for him. His confidence is shot and he needs to score a dodgy point/goal to get back on the horse. Cafferkeys substitution looked injury related, he walked off with a hobble. Freeman's Black card was unlucky, but by the letter of the laws was correct. Good to see Cillian and Alan back (complete with white under-armour). Not sure what Alan can offer at this stage. But sure we'll have a look at him and hopefully he has still some of the old spark. The battle in this game was won in the middle - with Parsons and the two O'Sheas bossing things. They are monsters of men and have a great engine.

Today had some positives for the Rossies, they played badly for long parts but still were in the game at the end of both halves. They seemed to give Mayo too much respect initially and bar the last 15 minutes they played within themselves.

Ballaghman

Frustrating game to watch. We should have been out the gate at half time but our usual wastefulness in front of goal meant we were in a dogfight. Then in the second half we had a great spell but decided yet again to let the opposition back into the game. How many times do we have to watch this pattern?
On the plus side I thought Regan was impressive (late missed free aside). As has been said the O'Sheas and Parsons bossed the middle and were comfortably able to dominate Ross without too much bother.
Caff going off definitely affected us at the back, we looked very nervy once he was gone. He definitely seemed to be hobbling as he went off so hopefully it's not too serious. DOC had a sore knee too so fingers crossed he will be ok for U21 action next week.
Great to have Cillian back and I think Alan still has plenty to offer as an impact/calming things down sub. He's a man I'd still look to with 15 minutes to go in a tight game.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.