NFL Division 2

Started by smelmoth, January 24, 2016, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stad

Quote from: Stad on March 28, 2016, 12:42:37 PM
The point both Fermanagh and Armagh got over the weekend is absolutely vital. It means Fermanagh are now safe unless Armagh draw and Meath or Laois hammer the other team by 15+ points. Armagh now just have to beat Derry, without the point v Tyrone they would have had to beat Derry, hope Fermanagh lost to Tyrone and beaten Laois or Meath on score difference. For Laois and Meath they have to beat each other and hope Derry can beat Armagh in Armagh. Derry have nothing to play for, can't get promoted or relegated so it looks likely that Laois and Meath are heading to division 3.

I somehow forgot that Meath picked up a point against Derry. This gives them a better chance of staying up and puts Armagh in more trouble. If Meath and Fermanagh win then Armagh will be relegated no matter what they do against Derry.

Throw ball

Quote from: Stad on March 28, 2016, 05:13:33 PM
Quote from: Stad on March 28, 2016, 12:42:37 PM
The point both Fermanagh and Armagh got over the weekend is absolutely vital. It means Fermanagh are now safe unless Armagh draw and Meath or Laois hammer the other team by 15+ points. Armagh now just have to beat Derry, without the point v Tyrone they would have had to beat Derry, hope Fermanagh lost to Tyrone and beaten Laois or Meath on score difference. For Laois and Meath they have to beat each other and hope Derry can beat Armagh in Armagh. Derry have nothing to play for, can't get promoted or relegated so it looks likely that Laois and Meath are heading to division 3.

I somehow forgot that Meath picked up a point against Derry. This gives them a better chance of staying up and puts Armagh in more trouble. If Meath and Fermanagh win then Armagh will be relegated no matter what they do against Derry.

Not quite. If they beat Derry in that scenario by as little as 11 points Derry go down. Easy!

tintin25

Can't see Fermanagh beating Tyrone, so hoping for either a Laois victory or a Derry victory.  A draw in the Laois/Meath game would suit also.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2016, 04:43:27 PM
What do we have to do to stay in this joke of a division?

Beat Laois and you stay up. Very simple.
Lose and you're down. Very simple.
It only gets complicated if you draw.

clawaddy

If Derry lose and Meath win that puts Derry, Armagh and Meath on 6 points where score difference decides outcome.  Currently Derry(-2), Armagh(-22) Meath(-12).  In this scenario Laois would be down plus one of these three.  It would take a fairly unlikely set of results for Derry to be the worst scoring average

Armamike

Quote from: clawaddy on March 28, 2016, 06:14:10 PM
If Derry lose and Meath win that puts Derry, Armagh and Meath on 6 points where score difference decides outcome.  Currently Derry(-2), Armagh(-22) Meath(-12).  In this scenario Laois would be down plus one of these three.  It would take a fairly unlikely set of results for Derry to be the worst scoring average

And Fermanagh?
That's just, like your opinion man.

Orior

It would have been real nice if someone posted the table and the remaining matches instead of me having to go search for it.

Pos   Team          P   W   L   D   F   A   Pts
1   Tyrone   6   5   0   1      95   73   11
2   Cavan   6   4   2   0   107   75   8
3   Galway   6   2   1   3   102   93   7
4   Derry     6   2   2   2   110   112   6
5   Fermanagh6   2   3   1   79   81   5
6   Meath   6   1   3   2   82   94   4
7   Armagh   6   1   3   2   77   99   4
8   Laois           6   1   4   1   93   118   3

Fermanagh v Tyrone
Cavan v Galway
Armagh v Derry
Laois v Meath
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

clawaddy

If Ferm win then it is the same set of outcomes I outlined in my last post.  It gets complicated if Ferm lose then it is as follows(I think)

Ferm loses, Derry loses, Meath wins, Armagh wins, Laois loses : Ferm /Laois down
Ferm loses, Derry loses, Meath loses, Armagh wins, Laois wins : Meath /Laois down
Ferm loses, Derry wins, Meath loses, Armagh loses, Laois wins : Meath /Armagh down
Ferm loses, Derry wins, Meath wins, Armagh loses, Laois loses : Armagh /Laois down

If Ferm draw their score diff would remain at -2  and would be on 6 points so it would take a 20 point win for Armagh to avoid joining Laois for the drop

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on March 28, 2016, 04:43:27 PM
What do we have to do to stay in this joke of a division?
5 decades of the rosary and promise publication. Never known to fail

clawaddy

Correction
Yes AFS an 11 point win for Armagh and Ferm win/draw and Meath 2 point win would see Derry down

Dinny Breen

I missed this old place, good to be back. Any craic?
#newbridgeornowhere

armaghniac

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 31, 2016, 11:38:46 AM

Feck all, I think we'll leave.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 31, 2016, 11:38:46 AM

aye there's plenty of craic alright but wait until about 3:45 on Sunday and there might not be as much banter if you're from Fermanagh and Laois ;). Kildare and Down will be good editions next season
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Fuzzman

Still looking very close with Meath and Laois drawing and Fermanagh still in with a good shout.
Armagh look as if they will be safe.
Cavan v Tyrone final probably

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.