Roscommon v Monaghan - NFL D1 (31/01/16)

Started by Syferus, January 19, 2016, 05:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Kiltoom is NOT the right location for a D1 Inter County game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayo.mick

The GAA ‏@officialgaa  1h1 hour ago
SOLD OUT: Tickets for @RoscommonGAA vs @monaghangaa on Sunday in Roinn I of the #AllianzLeagues are all sold #GAA
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Unlaoised

Quote from: Syferus on January 28, 2016, 03:07:16 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 28, 2016, 02:42:25 PM
There is room but H + S and all that.
Anyone know if we will be allowed park on the main road or will all cars be sent into what must be a total soggy morass of fields at this stage?
We really should have moved it to Carrick.

Kiltoom the right location. Carrick is a bit of a hole itself too. Home advantage is very important in this one and if we win not a single in Roscommon person will be complaining about tickets.

Obviously its not the right location if it can't hold the crowd...This is a real pity bad planning by the GAA heads in a county board...Who'd have thought it???
LAOIS ABÚ

armaghniac

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 28, 2016, 04:03:25 PM
Obviously its not the right location if it can't hold the crowd...This is a real pity bad planning by the GAA heads in a county board...Who'd have thought it???

The Rossies have a high speed strategy in mind requiring a Shannonside location
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mclf

What an absolute farce this is, if a county like Roscommon can only provide a ground that is capable of holding a couple thousand then they have no business in the division, this game should be played in Clones not a mickey mouse ground that is only suitable for club games

AZOffaly

Quote from: Mclf on January 28, 2016, 04:24:35 PM
What an absolute farce this is, if a county like Roscommon can only provide a ground that is capable of holding a couple thousand then they have no business in the division, this game should be played in Clones not a mickey mouse ground that is only suitable for club games

Ah that's harsh on Kiltoom, and on Roscommon. Where would Monaghan play if Clones was closed? I am surprised the Rossies didn't switch to Carrick though. 2,500 is not a lot for a Division 1 game. You'd get away with it in D3 or D4.

Rudi

As a Rossie, I can find nothing wrong with the above. Game should be moved to Carrick or maybe even the curtain raiser in Croke Park. Every opportunity should be given to people from both counties to attend.

Mclf

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 28, 2016, 04:30:09 PM

Ah that's harsh on Kiltoom, and on Roscommon. Where would Monaghan play if Clones was closed? I am surprised the Rossies didn't switch to Carrick though. 2,500 is not a lot for a Division 1 game. You'd get away with it in D3 or D4.

If Clones was unable to hold the game then they should have to forfeit home advantage also.

AZOffaly

Yeah. I was more on about the 'have no business in the division' comment.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Mclf on January 28, 2016, 04:44:40 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 28, 2016, 04:30:09 PM

If Clones was unable to hold the game then they should have to forfeit home advantage also.

Monaghans home game against Mayo will be played in Castleblayney.

Shrewdness

Home advantage is crucial for this game, which makes Kiltoom the only show in town.
Best of luck to the Rossies. Team to be named tonight.

armaghniac

'Blayney had 20000+ manys the time back in the day, I'm sure the modern capacity is 10-12,000, so not an issue.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Mclf is a blindingly obvious troll account lads.  All you're doing is feeding him.

Mclf

Quote from: armaghniac on January 28, 2016, 05:24:13 PM

'Blayney had 20000+ manys the time back in the day, I'm sure the modern capacity is 10-12,000, so not an issue.

I meant that if Clones wasn't able to cater for the game and they had to rely on a run down old fashioned club pitch that they could only fit a couple thousand people into then they should forfeit the home advantage, as it goes they appear to have a suitable secondary pitch so fair play, my point has nothing to do with Monaghan, it's to do with the farce that is Roscommon

Mclf

Quote from: Syferus on January 28, 2016, 05:53:00 PM
Mclf is a blindingly obvious troll account lads.  All you're doing  is feeding him.

Mouth almighty, just button it for once, it's a free country to express my opinions, just because your beloved Kiltoom is shown up as a totally unacceptable venue you get the hump.