Roscommon v Monaghan - NFL D1 (31/01/16)

Started by Syferus, January 19, 2016, 05:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: armaghniac on January 28, 2016, 05:24:13 PM
Quote from: Mclf on January 28, 2016, 04:44:40 PM
If Clones was unable to hold the game then they should have to forfeit home advantage also.

'Blayney had 20000+ manys the time back in the day, I'm sure the modern capacity is 10-12,000, so not an issue.

Cheers armaghniac, Mayo's game v Monaghan is to be held in Castleblayney.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2016, 06:01:06 PM
If Clones was unable to hold the game then they should have to forfeit home advantage also.

'Blayney had 20000+ manys the time back in the day, I'm sure the modern capacity is 10-12,000, so not an issue.

Only 10 minutes drive from God's own country.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Quote from: Mclf on January 28, 2016, 05:55:49 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 28, 2016, 05:53:00 PM
Mclf is a blindingly obvious troll account lads.  All you're doing  is feeding him.

Mouth almighty, just button it for once, it's a free country to express my opinions, just because your beloved Kiltoom is shown up as a totally unacceptable venue you get the hump.
How do you know Sy is mouth almighty, you only registered here 5 minutes ago?

Mclf

Quote from: Main Street on January 28, 2016, 07:27:22 PM
Quote from: Mclf on January 28, 2016, 05:55:49 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 28, 2016, 05:53:00 PM
Mclf is a blindingly obvious troll account lads.  All you're doing  is feeding him.

Mouth almighty, just button it for once, it's a free country to express my opinions, just because your beloved Kiltoom is shown up as a totally unacceptable venue you get the hump.
How do you know Sy is mouth almighty, you only registered here 5 minutes ago?

Long time lurker on this forum

giveballaghback

So McLf the long time lurker is coming out at last, we always knew you were there somewhere and we all prayed for this day when we would finally read your words of wisdom, now would you ever kindly f..... off back to where ever you came from.

Mclf

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 28, 2016, 10:33:31 PM
So McLf the long time lurker is coming out at last, we always knew you were there somewhere and we all prayed for this day when we would finally read your words of wisdom, now would you ever kindly f..... off back to where ever you came from.

Typical Rossie,  you would be better served getting your excuses ready for Sunday than wasting your time with me.

Anyways any teams announced yet?

Rossfan

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 28, 2016, 10:33:31 PM
Is it Kilmovee buck back again?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on January 28, 2016, 06:30:18 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 28, 2016, 06:01:06 PM

Only 10 minutes drive from God's own country.
It's the other way around, you fool.
Fyi, the last time there was an ulster final played in Blayney (way back in the day),  you Armagh guys caused a riot and Blayney was never used again.
Blayney is 10 minutes from anarchy.

Maguire01

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 28, 2016, 04:30:09 PM
Quote from: Mclf on January 28, 2016, 04:24:35 PM
What an absolute farce this is, if a county like Roscommon can only provide a ground that is capable of holding a couple thousand then they have no business in the division, this game should be played in Clones not a mickey mouse ground that is only suitable for club games

Ah that's harsh on Kiltoom, and on Roscommon. Where would Monaghan play if Clones was closed? I am surprised the Rossies didn't switch to Carrick though. 2,500 is not a lot for a Division 1 game. You'd get away with it in D3 or D4.

Or use Blaney, Inniskeen or Scotstown. Unbelieveable that counties only have one ground capable of holding league games.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 29, 2016, 09:03:50 AM
What an absolute farce this is, if a county like Roscommon can only provide a ground that is capable of holding a couple thousand then they have no business in the division, this game should be played in Clones not a mickey mouse ground that is only suitable for club games

Ah that's harsh on Kiltoom, and on Roscommon. Where would Monaghan play if Clones was closed? I am surprised the Rossies didn't switch to Carrick though. 2,500 is not a lot for a Division 1 game. You'd get away with it in D3 or D4.

Or use Blaney, Inniskeen or Scotstown. Unbelieveable that counties only have one ground capable of holding league games.

I'm hazarding guesses here:

'Blayney, circa 12,000
Scotstown, circa 4,000
Inniskeen, circa 6,000

Any advances?

Rossfan

We had some NFL games in Elphin back in the 80s and 90s.
At least there were enough tarred roads and streets to park a car without sinking.
Monaghan have named a strong team and if rumours are to be believed we haven't.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maguire01

Yep, strong team named for Monaghan. A very important game and one that both teams will be considering as one of their easiet ties. Lose this game and it's a struggle.

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on January 29, 2016, 01:46:14 AM
Blayney is 10 minutes from anarchy.

I've seen it descend into anarchy in less time than that!
However the pitch has the advantage that you don't have to go into the town and there is an easy path back to civilisation. It has a nice new stand too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 29, 2016, 09:42:36 AM

We had some NFL games in Elphin back in the 80s and 90s.
At least there were enough tarred roads and streets to park a car without sinking.
Monaghan have named a strong team and if rumours are to be believed we haven't.

McStay already confirmed there will be two changes from the named team, likely depending on the fitness of Diarmuid and whoever else is touch and go. That we have injuries should come as no surprise.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 29, 2016, 11:19:31 AM
Yep, strong team named for Monaghan. A very important game and one that both teams will be considering as one of their easiet ties. Lose this game and it's a struggle.
Apart from two players it's basically Monaghans championship team and like last year in the league Monaghan seem to going all out to hit the ground running.