Roscommon v Monaghan - NFL D1 (31/01/16)

Started by Syferus, January 19, 2016, 05:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

This game has officially been Switched to Kiltoom.

Syferus

seafoid

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 25, 2016, 04:49:13 PM
This game has officially been Switched to Kiltoom.
is Kiltoom not in West meath now?

Shrewdness

We`ll get over the ticket situation. The main thing is that the game
is going ahead at a Roscommon venue, as opposed to moving
it to somewhere like Carrick or even Clones.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Shrewdness

Which 6 forwards are we going to see on Sunday?...Cregg, Kilbride and 2 Murtagh`s are
certainties. Possibly Harney and Devaney. Will Enda Smith line out at midfield or forwards?
Could Cian Connolly even come into the reckoning?

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 25, 2016, 07:06:01 PM
Which 6 forwards are we going to see on Sunday?...Cregg, Kilbride and 2 Murtagh`s are
certainties. Possibly Harney and Devaney. Will Enda Smith line out at midfield or forwards?
Could Cian Connolly even come into the reckoning?

Connolly is D. Murtagh's understudy. I don't think he's even started a game with Murtagh at senior. Takes over that side's frees when on and Murtagh isn't. Fintan Cregg was rested for most of yesterday which makes me think he's in line to start Sunday. Always been a terrific club player and a member of the AI winning minor team. Would be delighted to see him mature into a senior IC player at such a critical moment for us.

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Syferus

Quote from: mayo.mick on January 25, 2016, 08:07:45 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 25, 2016, 06:35:43 PM
Most embarrassing.

What's the problem with the Hyde?

How long do you have, Mick?

Thankfully the new pitch will be in for next year.

Main Street

I never heard of Kiltoom but I see (via google maps) that it's close to Ballybay, which feels kinda close to home and can't be all bad.
The pitch and St Brigids club looks grand and fit for purpose.
Like Monaghan, Ros have 4 home games and that bodes well for survival. Usually we start well in the NFL and are up for the first game, even if we don't use most of the better players in the preliminary  McKenna cup competition, which is a kind a phony war used to settle scores with (what is termed in the press as) "bitter rivals".
Midfield is where we are unsettled,  more often than not,  players used there are usually best deployed elsewhere.
It would not be a surprise if McManus is not fit, he is a player who is either injured or recovering or has to manage his susceptibility to getting injured and would not be risked. Which is a mixed blessing I suppose for Ros folk who would love to see such a player up close but would wince at the damage inflicted.

Shrewdness

Main Street, thanks for offering us the chance to see Mc Manus, but we can see him some other time.

Syferus

Quote from: Main Street on January 25, 2016, 08:36:49 PM
I never heard of Kiltoom but I see (via google maps) that it's close to Ballybay, which feels kinda close to home and can't be all bad.
The pitch and St Brigids club looks grand and fit for purpose.
Like Monaghan, Ros have 4 home games and that bodes well for survival. Usually we start well in the NFL and are up for the first game, even if we don't use most of the better players in the preliminary  McKenna cup competition, which is a kind a phony war used to settle scores with (what is termed in the press as) "bitter rivals".
Midfield is where we are unsettled,  more often than not,  players used there are usually best deployed elsewhere.
It would not be a surprise if McManus is not fit, he is a player who is either injured or recovering or has to manage his susceptibility to getting injured and would not be risked. Which is a mixed blessing I suppose for Ros folk who would love to see such a player up close but would wince at the damage inflicted.

You'll get to see Kilbride and the Murtaghs inflict damage, so all is not lost..

Unlaoised

Killtoom???

Small ground for Rossie's biggest league game in years...??

Bit of a disaster!!!
LAOIS ABÚ

Syferus

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 26, 2016, 03:22:25 PM
Killtoom???

Small ground for Rossie's biggest league game in years...??

Bit of a disaster!!!

Way better pitch and and a deadly atmosphere in store. Delighted.