The Official Roscommon Thread

Started by Shrewdness, November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 19, 2016, 12:43:42 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on January 18, 2016, 11:36:34 PM
Clann na nGael and St Brigid`s are set to unite in their opposition to bulldoze them into Leinster.

If they are opposed to entering into Leinster maybe have a word with them about removing a Leinster town from their address.

Maybe learn your history. Historic Athlone was always on the Connacht side of the Shannon. Anyway, there's no way a bunch of flat accented Westmeath people with their "send 'em home sweatin'" and "I love Joe" t-shirts will take Roscommon.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: weareros on January 19, 2016, 01:54:25 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 19, 2016, 12:43:42 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on January 18, 2016, 11:36:34 PM
Clann na nGael and St Brigid`s are set to unite in their opposition to bulldoze them into Leinster.

If they are opposed to entering into Leinster maybe have a word with them about removing a Leinster town from their address.

Maybe learn your history. Historic Athlone was always on the Connacht side of the Shannon. Anyway, there's no way a bunch of flat accented Westmeath people with their "send 'em home sweatin'" and "I love Joe" t-shirts will take Roscommon.

You Will be Assimilated. Resistance is Futile.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

manfromdelmonte

Are Westmeath trying to get their hands on a few All Ireland medals?

Shrewdness

Idon`t think the powers that be realise the fight they`re facing over this, but they will if they persist.

Rossfan

What will we do if it's approved ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Shrewdness

Seems as though it will be recommended, that Hyde Park will close sometime in June for pitch improvement
work..The target date to reopen is the start of the 2017 NFL.

Rossfan

Saw Seamus Sweeney's statement. Will they be removing some of the open seats and laying the pitch nearer the stand I wonder?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Shrewdness

I presume they are allowing for the possibility of a home championship match
against Sligo??. It would also mean that Hyde Park won`t be staging any qualifier matches
after June. Of course, they might be expecting us to take the front door to Croke Park this year!!

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 20, 2016, 06:09:04 PM
I presume they are allowing for the possibility of a home championship match
against Sligo??. It would also mean that Hyde Park won`t be staging any qualifier matches
after June. Of course, they might be expecting us to take the front door to Croke Park this year!!

Beating Sligo would mean a R4 Qualifier at worst. R4 is never played home-away, always at a neutral venue. If we lose to New York, Leitrim or what looks like a seriously damaged Sligo side then we deserve to be away so we can get the season over with fast. Making the same mistakes as last year would be unforgivable.

Shrewdness

According to local paper in Ros, the deadline for submissions on the land
grab issue in South Ros has been extended from Jan 27 to March, which more than
likely, takes us past the General Election.

Submission forms are printed in this week`s `` Roscommon Herald`` if anyone wants to send
it off to Westmeath Co Council.

weareros

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 20, 2016, 08:56:11 PM

Submission forms are printed in this week`s `` Roscommon Herald`` if anyone wants to send

Sent my submission. But you'd have to worry about sending them to Westmeath for consideration. I have an awful image in my head of a buck in a maroon geansai setting a match to them and an old cassette recorder in the corner blaring "with the red stuff on her fingernails and varnish on her toes..."

macdanger2

I'll be sending 10 submissions a day in favour of the proposal  ;D

Lar Naparka

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 20, 2016, 11:50:58 PM

I'll be sending 10 submissions a day in favour of the proposal  ;D
I think we should wait until Westmeath launches an attack and when them sheepophiles are busy at that end, we'll launch a surprise attack and liberate Ballagh and restore it to its rightful place in God's Acre. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi