The Official Roscommon Thread

Started by Shrewdness, November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 21, 2016, 08:13:59 PM
Good man Croi. I can see we`re going to have a bit of craic on here over this, but that`s all ye`ll
be getting from us. We sent ye down to Division 3 last year and
will repel ye again.

That was the kick in the stones that we needed. Thanks. See you in 2 next year. We will spare your first born as an act of good faith, we are not merciless. Divide et Impera.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Ringfort

I'd say it's all more or less decided on. Just needs rubber stamped. Submitting objections to Mullingar says it all. Where is Ros CoCo in this? We are given wind of this when it's already too late. We should be looking to to take back the left bank of athlone not retreat out to brideswell. As if they will listen to the ordinary people! This is the way of world unfortunately.

Gael85

Who are the 2 Roscommon players transferring to Castleknock in Dublin?

Rossfan

Probably work up there? Who are they?

Mayo4Sam

Was at funeral in Cloonbonniff on Friday, the Rossies I spoke to seemed very upbeat about holding onto their bit of land but pessimistic about their chances of staying in Div 1, seemed to think the Monaghan games was a make or break game. Pretty much the opposite of what lads on here are saying
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Ringfort

You might get a few people on the internet being 'optimistic' about staying up in Div 1 but in conversation people tend to be more realistic. Roscommon, a division 3 level team for years. It would take an unbelievable set of results to see us survive. While we have potential and have improved a bit recently we are still well outside 'the top tier' sides in terms of experience and know how, evidenced in how Monaghan shot an injury time 1-2 yesterday to close out a game that was theirs for the taking since they pulled the first goal back early in the second half.

I would be over the moon if we survived but not too devastated if we remain competitive at least in the rest of our games. We will be underdog in every single one of them and rightly so.

Jinxy

Ye should never have gone up in the first place.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rudi

Quote from: Jinxy on February 01, 2016, 04:45:25 PM
Ye should never have gone up in the first place.

We met the necessary criteria and beat youse f@ckers.

Syferus

Quote from: Ringfort on February 01, 2016, 04:32:12 PM
You might get a few people on the internet being 'optimistic' about staying up in Div 1 but in conversation people tend to be more realistic. Roscommon, a division 3 level team for years. It would take an unbelievable set of results to see us survive. While we have potential and have improved a bit recently we are still well outside 'the top tier' sides in terms of experience and know how, evidenced in how Monaghan shot an injury time 1-2 yesterday to close out a game that was theirs for the taking since they pulled the first goal back early in the second half.

I would be over the moon if we survived but not too devastated if we remain competitive at least in the rest of our games. We will be underdog in every single one of them and rightly so.

They mainly shot the goal because of a kickout malfunction and the last point because we had to commit many men forward. It wasn't really a remarkable finish by a 'top team' in any sense. Only the equalizing point by Monaghan really meets the narrative you set up there, which of course defeats the point of it when it's only a single point. We're not controlling the controllables - we did it in Sligo and Fermanagh last year and again yesterday. We learnt from the Sligo game to name a fit 15 but we have yet to learn the lesson of closing games out.

We're not as far away from these teams as you seem to suggest.

Shrewdness

25-30, 000 submissions sent in against the land/people grab

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on February 01, 2016, 05:16:06 PM

They mainly shot the goal because of a kickout malfunction and the last point because we had to commit many men forward. It wasn't really a remarkable finish by a 'top team' in any sense. Only the equalizing point by Monaghan really meets the narrative you set up there, which of course defeats the point of it when it's only a single point. We're not controlling the controllables - we did it in Sligo and Fermanagh last year and again yesterday. We learnt from the Sligo game to name a fit 15 but we have yet to learn the lesson of closing games out.

Please just stop posting things Syfín. Yer doin' me head in .

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on February 01, 2016, 08:05:45 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 01, 2016, 05:16:06 PM

Please just stop posting things Syfín. Yer doin' me head in .

No.

weareros

Quote from: Shrewdness on February 01, 2016, 07:34:55 PM

Enda Kenny said there'd be no land grab. Now I'm really starting to worry.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on February 01, 2016, 10:47:21 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on February 01, 2016, 07:34:55 PM

Enda Kenny said there'd be no land grab. Now I'm really starting to worry.

No closure of the A&E he said five years ago.