The Official Roscommon Thread

Started by Shrewdness, November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Apparently, the submission forms are on their third print run, such is the demand for them. They're hoping for 15-20,000 submissions. Ros Co Board are hopeful that Croke Park will make a submission against the land grab.. If this proposal went through 15 years ago, Donie Shine and Ultan Harney could be Westmeath footballers today.

Rossfan

The GAA doesn't have to change it's borders if this awful thing happens.
Our Council should be looking for all of the Connacht Side back  to try and bring it up to the standard of Monksland. Those parts of Athlone under Westmeath rule look like East Berlin used to compared to the Leinster side and Monksland.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 20, 2016, 11:50:58 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on January 20, 2016, 08:56:11 PM
According to local paper in Ros, the deadline for submissions on the land
grab issue in South Ros has been extended from Jan 27 to March, which more than
likely, takes us past the General Election.

Submission forms are printed in this week`s `` Roscommon Herald`` if anyone wants to send
it off to Westmeath Co Council.

I'll be sending 10 submissions a day in favour of the proposal  ;D

Good man mac, I'll PM you the real address, don't use the one advertised, that address is just a front for the recycling centre to boost its recycling stats.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

macdanger2

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 21, 2016, 09:49:31 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on January 20, 2016, 11:50:58 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on January 20, 2016, 08:56:11 PM
According to local paper in Ros, the deadline for submissions on the land
grab issue in South Ros has been extended from Jan 27 to March, which more than
likely, takes us past the General Election.

Submission forms are printed in this week`s `` Roscommon Herald`` if anyone wants to send
it off to Westmeath Co Council.

I'll be sending 10 submissions a day in favour of the proposal  ;D

Good man mac, I'll PM you the real address, don't use the one advertised, that address is just a front for the recycling centre to boost its recycling stats.

;D

manfromdelmonte

Why are Westmeath Co Co in charge of this submissions process, when they are the county that will benefit.
Just wondering?

Rudi

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 21, 2016, 12:23:42 PM
Why are Westmeath Co Co in charge of this submissions process, when they are the county that will benefit.
Just wondering?

I thought the same myself, very Irish.

Shrewdness

+2....something doesn't feel right about sending a submission to Westmeath.. A mass protest at the bridge in Athlone should be the next step.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 21, 2016, 01:47:42 PM
+2....something doesn't feel right about sending a submission to Westmeath.. A mass protest at the bridge in Athlone should be the next step.

What are you going to do, parachute them in? Our troops are already assembled at the motorway, waiting on the order to advance now.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Shrewdness

Good man Croi. I can see we`re going to have a bit of craic on here over this, but that`s all ye`ll
be getting from us. We sent ye down to Division 3 last year and
will repel ye again.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 21, 2016, 08:13:59 PM
Good man Croi. I can see we`re going to have a bit of craic on here over this, but that`s all ye`ll
be getting from us. We sent ye down to Division 3 last year and
will repel ye again.

It was more like we hammered them into D3. That was the biggest mismatch we had in D2 last year.. explains why they'd want to add some good players.

Rossfan

They got to their Provincial Final batin their neighbours which was more than we managed.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 21, 2016, 09:29:50 PM
They got to their Provincial Final batin their neighbours which was more than we managed.

Sure we bate their neighbours too and we did it playing badly..  and we gave Fermanagh a game whereas our neighbours,  the less said the better.

giveballaghback

I am reliably told from a well informed source that this process of moving part of south Roscommon into Westmeath is much further down the road then we realise, remember the controversy when eircode came out about the Monksland  addresses being in Westmeath? well it is the exact area that is now being transferred.
This will be done right after election.
People of Roscommon, from every corner of the county will have to stand together against this destruction of our county.

Syferus

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 21, 2016, 11:07:54 PM
I am reliably told from a well informed source that this process of moving part of south Roscommon into Westmeath is much further down the road then we realise, remember the controversy when eircode came out about the Monksland  addresses being in Westmeath? well it is the exact area that is now being transferred.
This will be done right after election.
People of Roscommon, from every corner of the county will have to stand together against this destruction of our county.

I don't see how it will happen. The reaction has been universally negative. Garrett Fitz learnt his lesson in the 1980s with this stuff and the only outcome here is a government that gets its fingers scorched. The longer it goes on the less chance they have of retaining any seat in Roscommon.

Shrewdness

, I think Kilmovee has a Roscommon post code, which males larryin 89 an honorary Rossie ;D