Gym

Started by Soup an Samajiz, October 28, 2015, 11:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Payne

Usually at this time of year, I take 2/3 week break from absolutely all training. In that time I empty some amount of rubbish down my throat in both solid and liquid form. Probably defeats the whole purpose of eating clean during the year. However, as I start back tonight into the routine again, I have an unusual sense of dread. Any ideas on how to ease myself back in?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on November 02, 2015, 11:02:43 AM
Quote from: illdecide on November 02, 2015, 10:47:05 AM
Quote from: gallsman on October 30, 2015, 06:16:11 PM
That didn't really happen though, did it?

Ok i sort of exaggerated it a bit but it did happen, didn't see the full blurt but got a view of the lumps & bumps :D...Reading back it sounds like im a creep but it wasn't my fault that a lovely looking girl decides to wear running shorts up to her bum cheeks to do kettle bells. Def be back this wed nite ;)

I'll tell you what, when you're in a class with ladies about, you don't half up your game !

Not a peep from themac since his first session !

Yeah, I'd like to hear about the HIIT class he done  ::) , I'm going again tomorrow night (feck knows why) its a belter of a class but will do a 10 minute warm up first I think.

As for the ladies in classes, that's just the way it is I was always a be sceptic at first that they'd be rubbish, but I bet any man to go to some of those classes and come away saying it was fine is a liar!! Pump, HIIT, cardio blast and obviously Spin classes are all great workouts, think Pump is underestimated and its a tough hour class, hitting all the muscle groups
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on November 02, 2015, 11:18:07 AM
when we started with the weight trainin with the GAA club the manager had put up a workout to test how you were improving, tried it again during last week for the first time in over a year. Test yourself if you want. Think it's widely known as "The 300 workout". Anything sub-20min is good.

25 pull ups
50 deadlifts @ 60kg
50 press-ups
50 window washers @ 60kg (leg raises to the barbell in the bench position)
50 box jumps
50 Dumbbell clean and press @15Kg
25 chin ups

I don't understand how these window washer things work. Is it just leg extensions but using a bar rather than the machine?

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: gallsman on November 02, 2015, 01:27:42 PM
when we started with the weight trainin with the GAA club the manager had put up a workout to test how you were improving, tried it again during last week for the first time in over a year. Test yourself if you want. Think it's widely known as "The 300 workout". Anything sub-20min is good.

25 pull ups
50 deadlifts @ 60kg
50 press-ups
50 box jumps
25 chin ups

I don't understand how these window washer things work. Is it just leg extensions but using a bar rather than the machine?

Na na, imagine ur lying on the bench doing a bench press.. press the bar and hold it up there for the duration of the exercise, you then raise ur legs up and down to the bar - keeping the legs straight ensuring your feet don't touch the ground between reps, your shins will touch the bar.. Its just an exercise for your core, probably best to be done slow and controlled although with the purpose of that routine being speed it's kind of contradictory.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2015, 01:23:29 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 02, 2015, 11:02:43 AM
Quote from: illdecide on November 02, 2015, 10:47:05 AM
Quote from: gallsman on October 30, 2015, 06:16:11 PM
That didn't really happen though, did it?

Ok i sort of exaggerated it a bit but it did happen, didn't see the full blurt but got a view of the lumps & bumps :D...Reading back it sounds like im a creep but it wasn't my fault that a lovely looking girl decides to wear running shorts up to her bum cheeks to do kettle bells. Def be back this wed nite ;)

I'll tell you what, when you're in a class with ladies about, you don't half up your game !

Not a peep from themac since his first session !

Yeah, I'd like to hear about the HIIT class he done  ::) , I'm going again tomorrow night (feck knows why) its a belter of a class but will do a 10 minute warm up first I think.

As for the ladies in classes, that's just the way it is I was always a be sceptic at first that they'd be rubbish, but I bet any man to go to some of those classes and come away saying it was fine is a liar!! Pump, HIIT, cardio blast and obviously Spin classes are all great workouts, think Pump is underestimated and its a tough hour class, hitting all the muscle groups

Its alright lads I'm still alive, Just haven't been on the board much been flat out.... just not in the gym! lol
Went to the gym on thurs evening done 15 mins on cross trainer some light weights and core and finished with some 3 sets of 6 sprints on the treadmill at incline 2 and as fast as i could go. fairly felt it on friday morning! done a spin class on sat morning and thats all I've done so far. Gonna go tonight and try and build on thurs night maybe up the weights, core and see if i can add an extra sprint on to each set.

illdecide

agree with the Pump...think it's a great class, you don't come out of it with the sweat lashing of you they way u would say at spinning but your muscles are burning and do so for quite a while after the class...highly recommended. Spin classes are great for emptying the tank too and working up a great sweat, i normally do a kettle class or a medafit class and then the spin straight afterwards which is a great 90min workout.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gallsman

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on November 02, 2015, 01:41:47 PM

25 pull ups
50 deadlifts @ 60kg
50 press-ups
50 box jumps
25 chin ups

Na na, imagine ur lying on the bench doing a bench press.. press the bar and hold it up there for the duration of the exercise, you then raise ur legs up and down to the bar - keeping the legs straight ensuring your feet don't touch the ground between reps, your shins will touch the bar.. Its just an exercise for your core, probably best to be done slow and controlled although with the purpose of that routine being speed it's kind of contradictory.

Seems a bit mad to press the bar and hold it there? Just lock your arms out with 60kg above you head all for a core exercise? Why not do it with a training bar and no weight on it?

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: gallsman on November 02, 2015, 02:47:04 PM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on November 02, 2015, 01:41:47 PM

25 pull ups
50 deadlifts @ 60kg
50 press-ups
50 box jumps
25 chin ups

Seems a bit mad to press the bar and hold it there? Just lock your arms out with 60kg above you head all for a core exercise? Why not do it with a training bar and no weight on it?

Requires much more strength and core stability with increased weight... tougher exercise.

its meant to hit the lower abs, the weight on the BB helps counteract the weight of your legs

screenexile

25 pull ups and 25 chin ups . . . As someone whose max is 12 this would be a complete nightmare and that's before even looking at the rest which look damn tough but probably doable!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on November 02, 2015, 03:33:50 PM
25 pull ups and 25 chin ups . . . As someone whose max is 12 this would be a complete nightmare and that's before even looking at the rest which look damn tough but probably doable!

12? You must be carrying weight  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

Gaining or draining?
I don't think that workout would help long term with gains...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: The Iceman on November 02, 2015, 03:36:50 PM
Gaining or draining?
I don't think that workout would help long term with gains...

yeah I agree, that's what I was saying, we used it maybe a month apart to check progress.. bit of an competition/incentive just at the time

Soup an Samajiz

the 25 chins at the end are death, do them in sets of 3 even or whatever, just get ur chin above the bar.. trust me im definitely not banging out 25 pull ups with no stops  :-\

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2015, 03:35:24 PM

12? You must be carrying weight  ;D

I'm not fat, I'm big boned!!

gallsman

Locking sixty kilos above your upper body just do you can do a few leg raises doesn't sound like the smartest thing in the world, especially in the middle of a workout like that.